We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can you solo 3man+ instances/dungeons and group content, while leveling as a Guardian?

I'm interested in talking to the experienced Guardians here, since I'm trying to find out what I'm interested in, a Guardian or a Warden.

I plan to play mainly solo until endgame most likely due to how little time I have on my hands. However, I plan to pretty much see and do everything I can up to the end, including all quests, and dungeons on level. I understand that I can't solo really high end dungeons, or raids, though I want to experience the dungeons/instances of each zone on level if I can.

That being said, I'm playing from the UK, so I do experience some very odd lag spikes now and then. I'm leveling a Warden at the moment and it is fun and I always enjoy a challenge, but there's something about the simplicty of the Guardian I am interested in.

Can Guardian solo dungeons/instances/group content? If so, until what level? And what should I look out for while leveling. Compared to a Warden, where you you place it's solo capabilities.

Please note I'm not talking about open world solo, I'm specifically talking about the group content as solo.

Thank you!

My experience is that Wardens are usually going to be superior for the type of content you’re talking about. The Guard is a tough class, but once your cool downs are blown you don’t have much left. The warden allows for more flexibility for sure, depending on the type of fight. I haven’t seen much of wardens in the latest expansion, but in previous years I’ve always been impressed by well played wardens tanking or dps.

Absolutely, you can solo 3-man instances. I'm leveling a guardian and have done this many times - just be sure you trait in the blue line. The instances released before Gondor tend to be easier - I think it has something to do with the move to trait trees which made our characters more powerful on average.

School and Library in Eregion are very easy and pretty quick. Warg Pens and Sword Hall are doable solo though they take a long time. Stoneheight is not too hard to solo, but I've had trouble with Northcotton Farm (my guardian doesn't do enough DPS in blue to take down the cauldron fast enough). You can also solo Webs of the Scuttledells, Seat of the Great Goblin, and Iobar's Peak on level. Fangorn's edge is not too hard on level, Pits requires more than one person due to the mechanics, and Dargnakh is doable if you are quick enough to avoid his big attack. Some of the Garth Agarwen instances are also doable on level.

You can also do some 6-man instances solo once your a few levels over. Urugarth is suprisingly easy (though the arena is a challenge and the last boss is hard), much (but not all) of CD is doable (though it takes forever). Many of the Moria 6-person instances are fun and doable solo once you are 6 or 7 levels over.

In general, there is a lot you can solo as a blue guardian while leveling. Be aware, though, that it often takes a long time as you whittle down the huge morale pools of the bosses.

Edit to say that I'm not an "experienced guardian," but if I can do it, that is good news for you!

Quote Originally Posted by ScionofAngmar View Post
    Absolutely, you can solo 3-man instances. I'm leveling a guardian and have done this many times - just be sure you trait in the blue line. The instances released before Gondor tend to be easier - I think it has something to do with the move to trait trees which made our characters more powerful on average.

School and Library in Eregion are very easy and pretty quick. Warg Pens and Sword Hall are doable solo though they take a long time. Stoneheight is not too hard to solo, but I've had trouble with Northcotton Farm (my guardian doesn't do enough DPS in blue to take down the cauldron fast enough). You can also solo Webs of the Scuttledells, Seat of the Great Goblin, and Iobar's Peak on level. Fangorn's edge is not too hard on level, Pits requires more than one person due to the mechanics, and Dargnakh is doable if you are quick enough to avoid his big attack. Some of the Garth Agarwen instances are also doable on level.

You can also do some 6-man instances solo once your a few levels over. Urugarth is suprisingly easy (though the arena is a challenge and the last boss is hard), much (but not all) of CD is doable (though it takes forever). Many of the Moria 6-person instances are fun and doable solo once you are 6 or 7 levels over.

In general, there is a lot you can solo as a blue guardian while leveling. Be aware, though, that it often takes a long time as you whittle down the huge morale pools of the bosses.

Edit to say that I'm not an "experienced guardian," but if I can do it, that is good news for you!
    Thanks for the reply.

Do Guardians needs to be over levelled to solo the 3/6 man’s? Or can I do them on level, with the best gear I can get? On top of that, can they solo roughly the same amount that Wardens can, or can Wardens solo more of them?