We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Shared Storage Unlock

I have a newly subbed account, therefore VIP status, the game tells me it wants 995 LP to unlock shared storage on that account, is this WAI, or a cash grab from SSG, seems a bit of a cheek to charge for a sub and then charge again for shared storage. Note:- no problems at all with my old premium accounts....

I was Bhorn, bhorn to be wild... dum-de-dum-de-dum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhorn_EU View Post
    I have a newly subbed account, therefore VIP status, the game tells me it wants 995 LP to unlock shared storage on that account, is this WAI, or a cash grab from SSG, seems a bit of a cheek to charge for a sub and then charge again for shared storage. Note:- no problems at all with my old premium accounts....
    As far as I can remember (playing since 2008), Shared Storage has always been a "purchase" item.
    Initial purchase is 20 slots, 10 slots per purchase thereafter.

In Lotro, Shared storage is considered convenience item to share items easily between alts.
    Ingame mail is an option as is House chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhorn_EU View Post
    If you don't want to spend LOTRO Points on Shared Storage, buy a house. You can buy a house for nothing but game gold, a small one in one of the four standard housing areas isn't expensive either for purchase or upkeep, and a house will give you a 30-slot Housing Storage chest which can be increased to 60 slots with nothing but game gold. The Housing Storage chest works exactly the same as Shared Storage except you access it only at your own house rather than at Vault Keeper NPCs or via the VIP town services item.

Oh I remember the adventurer's pack! Guaranteed 'free' SoM with it plus a bunch of other stuff. Looking it up, that's where that run speed cloak I get on all my alts came from. I remembered the goat, shared storage and character slots.

But yeah, shared storage is not a VIP perk.

Those 20 spaces are well worth the price of admission, too. If you can swing the cash sometime (obviously it's not a pressing matter) you should definitely consider it!

Ui vethed... na i onnad. Si boeu-dhannathach. Ae u-esteliach nad - Estelio han - Estelio meleth - Estelio amet.