We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Join us this Thursday for a look at PvMP and Q&A with SSG_Orion!

Orion will be stopping by LOTROstream this Thursday starting at 2pm Eastern for a look at some of the upcoming PvMP changes and a bit of general systems Q&A. We can't promise we'll get to YOUR question, but we are interested in getting some questions from the forums for the show this week. So, focus on systems and PvMP questions in particular. Thanks!
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Orion will be stopping by LOTROstream this Thursday starting at 2pm Eastern for a look at some of the upcoming PvMP changes and a bit of general systems Q&A. We can't promise we'll get to YOUR question, but we are interested in getting some questions from the forums for the show this week. So, focus on systems and PvMP questions in particular. Thanks!
    Thanks! Apologies if I am confusing things but are you looking for questions on this thread? If so I have one:

After the first major phases of Orion's good work is complete, is there any hope for us to get PvMP enabled on the legendary worlds? I understand this won't be short term, but Treebeard for example could desperately use repeatable content once we get to Rohan about a year from now. Could this be possible in the medium to long horizon?
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    Thanks! Apologies if I am confusing things but are you looking for questions on this thread? If so I have one:

After the first major phases of Orion's good work is complete, is there any hope for us to get PvMP enabled on the legendary worlds? I understand this won't be short term, but Treebeard for example could desperately use repeatable content once we get to Rohan about a year from now. Could this be possible in the medium to long horizon?
    Yup! We're looking for some questions, and we'll get to as many of them as makes sense during the show.
    coolcool

Will there be any adjustments made to the reward/point contribution system, outside of the DoF/keep buffs for various tags? I.E. solo kill is full points, raids earn less?

As it stands now if you don't have all the buffs on your side you won't earn much for solo kills. There's no incentive to do anything other than zerg.
    Last edited by Murtanion; Jul 05 2022 at 02:36 PM.
    Hurth, Warden
    Barst, Guardian
    Xiox, Reaver

I have two questions that I would like to express:

- Is there going to be any platform available for instanced 1 vs 1 / 2 vs 2 / 3 vs 3 Freep vs Creep in the future for those who are not particularly into PvMP open world raids?

- Is there going to be any format for tournaments or seasons that enrich PvMP competition on an individual scale?

Anor Transfers

Quick Question here. When will the free transfers start from Anor, and will MC transfer with it. Thanks

I took a break from playing around 2013, came back a few months ago, and noticed that the Avoidance system has been drastically changed. The cap has been lowered, which is perhaps fair, but there are now more things than ever, even entire damage types, that simply and completely bypass BPE, not to mention the addition of finesse which reduces BPE further. Is there a reason the Avoidance system has been slammed so hard, and is there any chance of it becoming more relevant in the future again?

Question 2 (slightly off0topic): Can the Warden please be made a good raid-worthy tank again? Pretty please? I've been a very good boy this whole year and all I want for Christmas is for Super_Santa_Orion to give me my favorite tank back.

Any thoughts on replacing Outpost buffs? It becomes a snowball effect where the side with numbers/power ends up with a massive combat advantage.

On a similar vein, is Population buff going to be revisited? With Creep log in requirements, it's almost permanently for Freeps (Freavers!), and hasn't done a good job historically of motivating people to play on the "weaker" side.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 14 Warg, Arkenstone~

please can you fix Imposing Presence?
    currently the skill is a random raid wide gamble.
    Please revert the skill to party only please
    Giss,Gisstina,Sexybeans,Hiddyb east,Marmites,Zoinkers Gizzmoe

General system questions
    Are there more (relatively) hotfixes planned for systems as the mounted combat > Rohan? Legendary bridles that now give enough bonuses to sturdyness/morale/agility to counter the increased damage on higher levels resulting in knockdowns from your horse.

And/or any comment on the below systems states
    Skirmish base barter gear (yellow/purple gear) > level 105.
    Skirmish/landscape soldier training beyond rank 65/level 105.
    Big battle scaling below level 100
    Stat budget/itemlevel jumps over expansions borders. Smoother quest progression.

Pvmp questions
    What's the roadmap/view on hours 10-100 of a new player in pvmp? There is a lot of focus on the first few hours (free, new quests, cheap audacity and skills). But then it wears off.
    Alternative activities for freep or solo creeps during downtimes? Creeps have quests to earn renown and infamy (by choice or necessity) Glorenval, hobbit village, outposts). But these options are missing for freeps or not applicable for solo/new creep groups due to low damage. Are there plans to update or add these.
    New instructions or tutorials for creeps on corruptions? The importance of (the right) corruptions is lost in the trainer UI. While these are the cheapest available option to increase your defences or offenses. 20k commendations could get you 20 audacity or a full set of offensive class and race traits. One would boost your damage from 16k (tooltip) to 18k and the other from 20k to 28,5k.
    Corruptions traitlines? Saved loadout/traitline setup for corruptions akin to freep traitlines.
    Intended or baseline time to kill? What do you see as a good time to kill or X vs X in general (disregarding champion outliers). How many Rank 1/audacity 1 should a R15/A36 be able to surive? Should they be able to kill him, should he be able to kill them or should he be forced to retreat?

1. Are you planning to increase the creep utility in near future? (I guess not in U33.1 so the next after)

2. Are you planning to increase damage/lower induction of certain creep classes? (pointing at warleader)

3. Are you planning to change some ridiculously OP freep skills/traceries (beorning - thickened hide, champion - sprint, minstrel - flop, hunter - 50m range) ?

4. Are you planning to make new creep skills or changing them (looking at blackarrow - centre skill) ?

Thanks

A lot of questions have already been answered by Orion on the bullroarer forums so these are some of the other questions I have that don't fall under what is being worked on right now.

In the last year, there's been more development for PvMP than there has been in years. Is this a one-time patch-up or is SSG planning on supporting PvMP more continuously long-term?

Over the years freep classes have seen an increase in class utilities. In order to balance creeps against these updates, we've seen increases in damage, health, etc on creepside. Any thoughts on how creeps utilities will be balanced against the ever-increasing number of freep utilities? (With the rez imbalance being one of the top priorities)

With PvMP being made f2p, I expect the amount of rank farming to increase. Thoughts on a daily infamy/renown limit? The days of 100k infamy per day are long gone so I don't see how it would impact actual gameplay. Or perhaps a return of the leaderboards? It used to be a lot of fun comparing and seeing other people's progress.

Some other people have already asked about this but, any thoughts on reworking the outnumbered buff? In my opinion, it's too powerful, especially because it stacks with food and tome of defense. As mostly a solo creep player, I don't see a reason why the freeps I fight should get buffed when we're both miles away from the big fight. Perhaps a more regional approach or tracking how many people are fighting and basing an outnumbered buff on that would result in a more accurate buff? Or make it so it doesn't affect 1v1 spots on the map?

This is not a priority at all but there are times when there are no freep/creep leaders online and the quality of the action suffers significantly from this. Thoughts on introducing leadership titles, skins or skills on both sides to encourage players to start leading raids. Skills would be spawning some npc's in the fight or something quite minor. Perhaps this could be incorporated into the questing/pve system in the moors. Like if your group is somewhat near a keep owned by your side you have access to these skills.

Last but not least, when will reaver lose its insanity?

Mulatic
    R14 Reaver
    Arkenstone

copy and pasting from elsewhere:

"I feel like a huge quality of life for LOTRO would be to look at stat systems, heck systems in general (skirmishes, marks, Big Battles, crafting, hobbies, LIs, essences, Mounted combat) and simplify/amputate the dead ones to a simpler/more basic form, and then put developmental focus on the ones they like"

PvMP falls into this category of abandoned systems.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 14 Warg, Arkenstone~

Thanks for the questions, lots to work with! Reminder this is TOMORROW starting at 2pm Eastern on Twitch.tv/LOTROstream.
    coolcool

Question about wargs in PVMP

Thanks for the questions, lots to work with! Reminder this is TOMORROW starting at 2pm Eastern on Twitch.tv/LOTROstream.
    Are Wargs going to be able to solo in the moors after the update? I rely on the defilers to heal my warg now out of raids. The only thing I can do right now is pounce and run a way, I have no survival skills. I cannot even take an OP solo, there has to be at least one other creep around. We used to be able to do them solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle2k11 View Post
    Are Wargs going to be able to solo in the moors after the update? I rely on the defilers to heal my warg now out of raids. The only thing I can do right now is pounce and run a way, I have no survival skills. I cannot even take an OP solo, there has to be at least one other creep around. We used to be able to do them solo.
    There is no need to increase the survivability of wargs or to increase their DMG, others (freeps) partly need a healer to make anything work at all...
    In my opinion, even the healing of the defiler belongs weakened

Is there a possibility to put the damage reduction from Audacity on a different layer from effects like Oathbreaker's Shame, Tome of Defence, captain selfbuffs, Concession and Rebuttal, Our Fates Entwined, etc? As far as I know the Guardian skill Redirect does not stack with damage reduction effects because it "negates" damage. If Audacity damage reduction was moved to Redirect's layer, it would enable easier future balance changes and it would prevent several skills from becoming too overpowered in PvMP.

Redirect would be the only possible issue to watch out for. And the skill could be moved to the damage reduction layer if it somehow wound up damaging balance.

Also, are there any chances that the new LI system could get simplified? At the moment some players are complaining about the gold tracery grind, extremely tricky choices for inexperienced players (words of power being a very prominent offender), etc.
    Last edited by Brolad; Jul 07 2022 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanganark View Post
    There is no need to increase the survivability of wargs or to increase their DMG, others (freeps) partly need a healer to make anything work at all...
    In my opinion, even the healing of the defiler belongs weakened

Maybe try to play on creepside because after that Im sure you would not say this.

I just cant believe you still cant notice how unbalanced the pvp is now and the freeps can survive everything with their self heals/escape skills. Only goodish thing left on creepside is the defiler heal.
    Its already grams camp 24/7, what do you expect what will happen after they would decrease the heals again? Once again try playing creep then you find out these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Brolad View Post
    Also, are there any chances that the new LI system could get simplified? At the moment some players are complaining about the gold tracery grind, extremely tricky choices for inexperienced players (words of power being a very prominent offender), etc.
    I think all players hating the new LI system; 1. drops partly only garbage anyway, which you can recycle for ridiculous 40 or 60 [Ancient Scripts]. 2. it is partly traceries that you can not use even as a class, partly get e.g. stuff for healing although you need the damage stuff = unnecessary grinding in instances where you never finish. With the old LI system, you are at least still ahead and had these things you needed, not as in the new system, ''ah let's just give out something random, he will not be able to use it anyway''. 3. the Shatterd and Cracked Tokens should be craftable by all Crafting (with 5Mithril u can reset it to craft it again) also the [Ancient Scripts] should be Craftable per Craft you'll get like [1'500 Ancient Scripts] also resetable (with 5Mithril), like the [Sunstone-Shards]. That you have to farm these Enhancement Runes or can push them up with Mithril is fine with me, as this is like the empowerment scrolls back then.
    Last edited by Nanganark; Jul 07 2022 at 11:02 AM.

Is it 2PM Thursday yet?

has the stream time been changed?

Video is still processing in HD, but here's the URL for the archive on YouTube of today's chat:

Here's the archive on Twitch:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1525267345
    coolcool

Is it just me reading too much between the lines, or did Orion basically all but confirm that the Osgiliath map is going to come back at some point as a small group PvMP arena?
    Arda Shrugged : Elendilmir (RIP) -> Arkenstone -> Anor (RIP) -> Landroval -> Treebeard

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    Is it just me reading too much between the lines, or did Orion basically all but confirm that the Osgiliath map is going to come back at some point as a small group PvMP arena?
    That already exist but nobody use it.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    That already exist but nobody use it.
    It was an open PvMP area just like the Moors, and it has been closed since the updates Fantus did last year.

What Orion hinted at in the stream this week was that it might come back as a size-limited PvMP arena instance, aka only 3v3, 6v6, etc.
    Arda Shrugged : Elendilmir (RIP) -> Arkenstone -> Anor (RIP) -> Landroval -> Treebeard

Orion has said hes all about counter-play, well how do you counter over the top crit dev magnitude hits that result in 1-2 MILLION point hits?

theres not much counterplay to being one shot or simply nuked out of existence by a couple hunters or LM's

Mortem Tyrannis