We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

RK solo build - red or yellow?

At the present moment what is the best build for soloing the landscape - red or yellow? This toon will also do some group play at T1 from time to time, will that make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Paragnosis View Post
    At the present moment what is the best build for soloing the landscape - red or yellow? This toon will also do some group play at T1 from time to time, will that make a difference?
    No answer here?
    I am not a raid player, only solo player, but i think: red is a little bit more power; yellow you have more skills you can use while running.

I am a casual player who only solos. I levelled up in yellow line, and found it very exciting and fun to play. Not only do you have mobility, but you don't have the long inductions that red line has. When I tried red line, especially at lower levels, I died a lot more because of those induction times on red skills.

Eventually, you will have enough trait points to dip into the red line. At that point, you can drop your rune stone to aggro the mobs, use a couple of red skills if you like, then swing into fast-acting lightning skills.

Hope you find a yellow RK as fun to play as I do!

Quote Originally Posted by Paragnosis View Post
    Yellow

You currently have 1337 reputation point(s).

Give a try and choose what you like. I prefer red, others prefer yellow, it depends of play style and there's no "best" method.

IMO, red's more dps and yellow more CC. The only time I really had to switch to yellow was the Dol Amroth library dailies. The multiple sigs were a pain without the stun stone. Still, other folks like lightning all the time. After all, yellow seems to have better SFX's, and the LM revamp years ago left the RK's effects way behind.