We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Bridle can't be purchased because ...

The new bridles available from the vendor require 1 "Golden Token Of Riddermark". This is a problem since these tokens are apparently only available via deed completion or Rare loot drops via warbanding. For those of us who completed said deeds YEARS ago and have bartered the gold tokens for other purposes, once again YEARS ago, what options do we have? Run a bazillion warbands in hope that one will drop "eventually"?

This is intentional as all bridles other than the lvl100 ones only require the silver tokens. Let us swap silver tokens for gold at least, sheesh! Who thinks this stuff up?

ps: I also believe there is a typo on the gold token icon itself, shouldn't it be "Gold Token Of THE Riddermark"?
    Last edited by Gaiandrial; Jul 11 2022 at 01:12 PM.
    "Life is a pretty boring game, but at least it has good graphics"

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiandrial View Post
    The new bridles available from the vendor require 1 "Golden Token Of Riddermark". This is a problem since these tokens are apparently only available via deed completion or Rare loot drops via warbanding. For those of use who completed said deeds YEARS ago and have bartered the gold tokens for other purposes, once again YEARS ago, what options do we have? Run a bazillion warbands in hope that one will drop "eventually"?

This is intentional as all bridles other than the lvl100 ones only require the silver tokens. Let us swap silver tokens for gold at least, sheesh! Who thinks this stuff up?

ps: I also believe there is a typo on the gold token icon itself, shouldn't it be "Gold Token Of THE Riddermark"?
    Totally agree. What's worse is these bridles bind on acquire, and that adds frustration when you have alts sitting on a nice pile of these golden tokens, yet alts that cannot buy them.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Golden Token of the Riddermark

"This item is rewarded for the following deeds:

Quests of Langhold
    Quests of the Eaves of Fangorn
    Quests of the Norcrofts
    Quests of the Sutcrofts
    Quests of the Wold

This item is reportedly a rare drop from Warband Boxes of Spoils.
    This item currently drops from Riddermark-bound Lootboxes."

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...the_Riddermark
    Last edited by Bryos; Jul 11 2022 at 11:34 AM. Reason: clarity

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    You can trade 50 Silver Tokens of the Riddermark for 1 Gold Token of the Riddermark.

If you do not have those, there are repeatable quests that you can do to gain Silver Tokens of the Riddermark.

If you are past level 100, you could easily solo the warbands. There are 17 of them in total in East Rohan, and they each give 3 tokens. It will probably take you an hour or so to do them all, and that should net you 51 Silver tokens.

There are also a number of repeatable landscape quests (at least about 10 or so across all four regions of East Rohan) that either give 2 or 3 tokens.

Should you have the teal Gundabad Toolkit that gives 10% landscape token bonus, you will get one additional Silver token for each quest, and you can get it done quicker.

EDIT: The above info isn't very helpful, as you actually cannot trade silver tokens for a gold one.....
    Last edited by maartena; Jul 11 2022 at 12:38 PM.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    You can trade 50 Silver Tokens of the Riddermark for 1 Gold Token of the Riddermark.
    Naw. That's the barter fallacy. You can trade 1 gold for 50 silver, but not the other way around. Allowing us to do that would solve everything.

Drinks Coffee All Day
    Quote Originally Posted by WeirdJedi View Post
    Naw. That's the barter fallacy. You can trade 1 gold for 50 silver, but not the other way around. Allowing us to do that would solve everything.
    Aaaah!

I always read that wrong when I look at a barterer..... And they make it so clear with "item to receive" and "item to trade". I will edit my post.
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Galandrial is correct in that this is a serious problem because if you have used up all of your Golden Tokens of Riddermark there is zero way to get them back.

To clear things up:

1) The Wiki Article appears to be outdated. In the past, you may have been able to get a Golden token from a Riddermark Lootbox or Warband box of spoils but currently you cannot. Riddermark Lootboxes DO give you a chance for Silver Token of the Riddermark, though.

2) You CANNOT barter for a Golden Token of Riddermark. It's the reverse. You can turn a golden Token of Riddermark into 50 Silver Tokens of the Riddermark.

3) The LOTRO Companion Window shown below shows the only sources of the Golden Tokens of Riddermark. There are no more.

See the images below (it also shows the missing "the" for the Golden Token of [the] Riddermark tooltip.

Drinks Coffee All Day
    These things should be implemented for the bridles:

1) Make them "bound to account" so a higher level character that so happens to have 2 gold tokens can buy one for an alt.
    2) Allow Hytbold tokens to be traded for 1 gold token, e.g. 50 Hytbold tokens for 1 gold token. Hytbold repeatables can continue to be done.
    3) For the level 95 bridles, allow Westemnet tokens to be used.
    4) For the level 100 bridles, allow Dol Amroth Silver tokens to be used.

And I would love to see this:

5) Bridles should be allowed to be crafted. (Make crafting great again!)
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    These things should be implemented for the bridles:

1) Make them "bound to account" so a higher level character that so happens to have 2 gold tokens can buy one for an alt.
    2) Allow Hytbold tokens to be traded for 1 gold token, e.g. 50 Hytbold tokens for 1 gold token. Hytbold repeatables can continue to be done.
    3) For the level 95 bridles, allow Westemnet tokens to be used.
    4) For the level 100 bridles, allow Dol Amroth Silver tokens to be used.

And I would love to see this:

5) Bridles should be allowed to be crafted. (Make crafting great again!)
    All GREAT ideas! Sadly they will prolly never be implemented, because they ARE great ideas ... they'd be setting a precedent ...
    "Life is a pretty boring game, but at least it has good graphics"

Don't come to the forums that often, but just saw this post and with lots of great ideas. @Cordoven should bring these to the attention of the Dev team so some changes can be made

Quote Originally Posted by Lillipia View Post
    Don't come to the forums that often, but just saw this post and with lots of great ideas. @Cordoven should bring these to the attention of the Dev team so some changes can be made
    That can't possibly be what he's paid to do. How could you evaluate what is a great or bad idea or evaluate importance/priority if you aren't engaging with much of it, only recently hinting that the stream game play is only a lunchtime thing?

Maybe another "blue" can list where his input has lead to something tangible. Some early attempts might have soured further consideration. Why would they even listen unless they were even less engaged with the technicalities, just because of a "manager" title?

Sure we'd like to give the devs our feedback but we only get real discussion when it's with the devs who come to the table. Is the person who signed off on the bridle purchase currency choice chatting to us? No. Did anyone point out that the gold likely no longer dropped from War-band boxes (thanks Chromite)? Do QA have a deliverable to mail for a work-around?

Is it on anyone's to do list and if it is, how far down? It must have the same priority as forgetting they even exist rushing to cobble the LI revamp together.

Outliers just have to suck it up just as those getting stuck in the middle of the old LI acquisition questline? Always a valar option... for convenience.

Are there any plans to change this? Just wanted to update my bridle but no luck, no gold token, and these don't drop from warband giftboxes apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by TesalionLortus View Post
    Are there any plans to change this? Just wanted to update my bridle but no luck, no gold token, and these don't drop from warband giftboxes apparently.
    I got mine from a warband box of spoils. It does drop but I agree this looks like a glaring oversight.

It's more of a pain recently because mounted combat lags more than regular. If you have to farm box of spoils, your success will depend on the dreaded mounted (sling-shot) lag.
    Many fail, Such Kludges, So LOTRO

We already earned the bridle and new players get it as quest reward (if wrong please let me know, haven't been in Rohan for some time), so why doesn't it just cost a few silver or a few AS in Rivendell?

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbroke View Post
    I got mine from a warband box of spoils. It does drop but I agree this looks like a glaring oversight.
    West or East Rohan? Or no difference?

I honestly wasn't paying attention. I got one the first try (so lucky), then I tried doing warbands for rep (instead of using Hybold). That didn't end well. At the time I was getting used to mounted and didn't feel like grinding warbands with occasional lag. I conceded to instead use Hybold for rep. I hadn't finished all deeds either so I had additional options for the gold token.

It must have been one of the easy ones though. I wasn't particularly well geared at the time. So I think East Rohan. Same areas you get the silver tokens.

Thanks for confirming it's still on a War-band loot-list. I had spent a day clearing every War-band a couple of times with no luck. Seems like an easy step would be to increase the drop chance. Not so time consuming? Wish I could spend the unused points on a couple of LI bridles I have

There are some War-bands with specific drops, like a mount cosmetic so would hope we could get it narrowed down more if it turns out it's only from a subset. Reminds me I have valar mule without a bridle and level 59 already.

Characters of level can earn the first, new bridle from the mounted combat quest

For people that played through Rohan; if you had one character that did all the deeds you'd have x21 Golden Token of the Riddermark. These tokens are account-bound so simply barter for the bridle on the character you need it for

Complete one deed and get x3 gold tokens. That's good for 3 of your characters
    Landroval - The Alliance kinship of The Alliance Gaming Community
    https://agc.gamerlaunch.com/
    “Take me with you. For laughs, for luck, for the unknown. Take me with you.” - Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Dervacus View Post
    Characters of level can earn the first, new bridle from the mounted combat quest

For people that played through Rohan; if you had one character that did all the deeds you'd have x21 Golden Token of the Riddermark. These tokens are account-bound so simply barter for the bridle on the character you need it for

Complete one deed and get x3 gold tokens. That's good for 3 of your characters
    The tokens are not account bound, are the bridles?

Tokens/bridles are character-bound and anyone who completed the deeds probably turned them in for silver tokens because that's the only thing these golden tokens were supposed to be used for, apparently. It's strange that they suddenly decided to make them essential, quite an oversight

I stand corrected. The tokens ARE bind on acquire, not account-bound.

Run through the prerequisite quests for war-steed riding

Complete the quest and get your bridle

Want to change it? Complete more quests in the Wold until you've done 55 quests (deed complete, 3 tokens rewarded)
    Landroval - The Alliance kinship of The Alliance Gaming Community
    https://agc.gamerlaunch.com/
    “Take me with you. For laughs, for luck, for the unknown. Take me with you.” - Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

And this is why people should be wary of "proving a negative". Just because something may be rare doesn't necessarily mean it's impossible. Only someone with access to the loot tables in the server-side database or code -- SSG -- would be able to determine with a high degree of confidence whether a drop is "impossible" or not.

And thanks for confirming the information on the wiki page.

Having said that, I agree that it's stupid for the new bridle that is appropriate to most characters, to only be obtainable with a currency that they likely lack (because they didn't think they would ever need it again), thus forcing them to farm warbands repeatedly, for a rare drop.

I think it's ironic that SSG dislikes mob farming so much, they actually changed Forge and Lofts to discourage it, yet they seem completely oblivious to the farming that they have obligated folks to perform for their bridles...

Update 33.2.1 notes:

Players may now trade 250 Silver Tokens of the Riddermark to receive three Gold Tokens of the Riddermark. This will make bartering for the bridles easier.
    I guess that makes sense. The drop rate (from spoils) can't be increased probably to keep the area consistent with Legendary.

250 though

Thumbs up

Update 33.2.1 notes:

I guess that makes sense. The drop rate (from spoils) can't be increased probably to keep the area consistent with Legendary.

250 though
    That was about time to get that update! I'm on that boat that used those tokens years ago on all my alts. The gold tokens drop rate from warbands boxes is ridiculous low. Now at least i can get the item indirectly with the silver tokens that i get 100% sure while trying for the elusive golden drop.

Joy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast