We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Mitigation Changes?

Anyone have any information on why mitigations on essences, armour, and virtues was lowered? I lost over 250k in mitigations from this update.

Quite a number of stats were changed with this update, but mainly player level related stats around the level 75 point, affecting the range 2-104 (large nerf for skill effect and tree traits with about 50%).
    This brings lower level trait/effect stats more in compliance with the standard progression(like used on items and in rating percentage calculations).

I don't know the reason for other changes.

Difference of rating, percentage wise compared to U30:

Main stats (Agility/Fate/Might/Will) in effects/traits (like in Captain's IDOME).

Vitality in effects/traits (like in Beorning Vitality Increase trait).

Armour value in effects/traits (like in Minstrel's Anthem of Prowess).

Tactical mitigation in effects/traits (like in Brawler's Tactical Mitigation trait).

Tactical mitigation on items.

The ones I am referencing are specific to essences, armour and virtues, not skills. I dropped more than 250k on both phys mitigation and tac mitigation from my setup....no buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by corneilius View Post
    The ones I am referencing are specific to essences, armour and virtues, not skills. I dropped more than 250k on both phys mitigation and tac mitigation from my setup....no buffs.
    So far I don't see any changes to item stats (virtues are item based), other than tactical mitigation.
    Do your virtue stats comply with https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Virtues ?

I assume behind all is one idea: To get more money. Less mitigation, cutting off crafted food, sell the best food in the store, and so on...
    --------------------
    Founder of the kinship "Beschützer des Lichtes" Server Belegaer Beschützer des Lichtes
    Founder of the german newspaper for Lotro and Tolkien Funkenflug

They've reduced stat tomes at lower levels as well.

My level 65 brawler is now getting a massive 37 might from having 5 tomes of might. This is less might than five stat tomes gave back at level 65 in Siege of Mirkwood when they were first released and we had stat caps.

I want a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandoric View Post
    They've reduced stat tomes at lower levels as well.

My level 65 brawler is now getting a massive 37 might from having 5 tomes of might. This is less might than five stat tomes gave back at level 65 in Siege of Mirkwood when they were first released and we had stat caps.

I want a refund.
    Point of the changes is to, in the end, make all stats scalable with the standard progression.This facilitates for example character level up/down scaling and stat squishing, without changing the players game experience.
    Stat tomes was one of the old 'rigid' systems which stood in the way of this. Some time ago they've replaced the fixed +15, +30 etc with scalable stats. These stats were still far from normal. I don't know if something has changed in last update apart from progression changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Giseldah View Post
    So far I don't see any changes to item stats (virtues are item based), other than tactical mitigation.
    Do your virtue stats comply with https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Virtues ?
    I do not know what you mean by, do my virtues comply with that wiki page.

My point is: as a tank in T3+ content, losing over 250,000 points in physical and tactical mitigation is a huge deal to me and will affect my raids. Why isn't this discussed or in the patch notes. I did not see anything in BR about this or on the forums ahead of time. The actual numbers on the essences are different now, why? And why aren't the patch notes complete with all of the "updates"?