We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bree-land homesteads - waterfall gone?

Hi everyone...I logged in tonight (July 20), the client updated, and once in the game at my toon's house I noticed that the waterfall is gone. This is in Bree-land homesteads. The waterfall is gone, the nice soothing sound it made is gone....has anyone else noticed this? I went into one of the other Bree-land neighborhoods, its waterfall was gone too. Just curious if anyone knows if it was planned or if it is a bug? Before I filed a bug report I thought I should ask. Thanks!

Did you buy the Waterfall Enjoyment Pack in the store for $99 or 11,000 points?

Also the hook to hang it can only move towards your house. And not towards the stream.

Yes, the waterfall next to 8 Long St has dried up. I filed a bug report. Good to send in another report to gain attention!

That would be really sad... and I could not understand why?
    Three updates with some changes in LS8, is that so difficult?
    --------------------
    Founder of the kinship "Beschützer des Lichtes" Server Belegaer Beschützer des Lichtes
    Founder of the german newspaper for Lotro and Tolkien Funkenflug

Beavers?

Prime locations with waterfalls will be on sale in the store soon.

Elhiril is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    I wonder if they're tinkering with the landscape behind there.

Quote Originally Posted by Elhiril View Post
    I wonder if they're tinkering with the landscape behind there.
    There is ample evidence that they are working on the landscape from Andrath eastwards to Eregion.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

But, really, the reason to buy this house in bree-land was the waterfall... they can't turn it off like that!!!
    --------------------
    Founder of the kinship "Beschützer des Lichtes" Server Belegaer Beschützer des Lichtes

Quote Originally Posted by Arantha View Post
    But, really, the reason to buy this house in bree-land was the waterfall... they can't turn it off like that!!!
    Unfortunately, yes they can turn it off. Maybe they will make a housing item waterfall which can be used to replace it?

Quote Originally Posted by Neinda View Post
    Unfortunately, yes they can turn it off. Maybe they will make a housing item waterfall which can be used to replace it?
    I think it has to do with the next Expansion/Update 34 or 35, think there is a landscape behind, that's why they removed the waterfall

I took a screenshot to remember it by.. the whole reason I'd bought that house, indeed. I may move soon xD

We have the waterfall in our kinship map
    https://beschuetzerdeslichtes.jimdof.../dorf-mereden/

--------------------

Quote Originally Posted by DoRonRon View Post
    Beavers?
    Climate change.

For the people who bought that house solely for the waterfall next to it, you were warned long ago so you really have no excuse. TLC told you don't go chasing waterfalls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameranth View Post
    Climate change.

For the people who bought that house solely for the waterfall next to it, you were warned long ago so you really have no excuse. TLC told you don't go chasing waterfalls.
    but... but... all zones in lotro are timelocked. there cant be change of anything!

imo, the timelocked zones are some of the weirdest thing in lotro. you venture to moria and lothlorien, then back to the shire to collect the dunedain... and while doing so, you walk back in time for months... though somehow you dont... funny stuff. and some npcs even break the 4th wall, telling us, we are the only ones who can do that, travelling with that speed... while everyone else would need weeks for the distances we travel in minutes... (or do we? dont our characters actually take -3 weeks while travelling from trollshaws to shire... while still keeping all the experience they got later... woa, weird stuff)
    imagine, being one of those NPCs... every morning waking up and realizing, its the same day again...
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Thundertrain is offline Silently Judging Your Spelling and Grammar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsneakers View Post
    Did you buy the Waterfall Enjoyment Pack in the store for $99 or 11,000 points?
    Ooof. Not exactly the same, but point well-made.
    "Not all those who wander are lost." -Tolkien
    "No matter where you go, there you are." -Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Arantha View Post
    We have the waterfall in our kinship map
    Beautiful map!

The waterfall is gone but the pool there is still reacting as if there is water rushing into it.

I've had the kin house here for years, sad to see this waterfall gone.
    “All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Remember the "landslide" that affected 7 and 8 Long St. They did a big fix awhile ago, which took care of most of the issues, but some yard hooks at 8 Long St were still sunken in the terrain. They fixed those hooks with the latest update. I'm guessing that the missing waterfall is just an unintended side effect.

Right, Scenario? Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Chirrup View Post
    Remember the "landslide" that affected 7 and 8 Long St. They did a big fix awhile ago, which took care of most of the issues, but some yard hooks at 8 Long St were still sunken in the terrain. They fixed those hooks with the latest update. I'm guessing that the missing waterfall is just an unintended side effect.

Right, Scenario? Please?
    hope so too
    --------------------

Quote Originally Posted by alw6324 View Post
    Hi everyone...I logged in tonight (July 20), the client updated, and once in the game at my toon's house I noticed that the waterfall is gone. This is in Bree-land homesteads. The waterfall is gone, the nice soothing sound it made is gone....has anyone else noticed this? I went into one of the other Bree-land neighborhoods, its waterfall was gone too. Just curious if anyone knows if it was planned or if it is a bug? Before I filed a bug report I thought I should ask. Thanks!
    Ha! Hopefully it won't come to that....

Sharkey's boys dammed the river.

Quote Originally Posted by Chirrup View Post

Right, Scenario? Please?
    Yeah, things haven't been the same since that landslide. And it's not just the hooks, but the terrain itself has changed. I'm surprised no one mentioned it but there's a big bump in the pathway of 8 Long St.

For comparison, here's a "before" and "after" screenshot of the kinhouse in Duffley neighbourhood on Gladden server.

Before:

After:

Quote Originally Posted by Trientalis View Post
    Yes, the waterfall next to 8 Long St has dried up. I filed a bug report. Good to send in another report to gain attention!

Dear Devs, any word yet on when the Waterfall might be returned?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast