We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Spent hundreds of dollars on Stat Tomes and now they have been drastically nerfed (over 50%)

Why did they nerf all of the Tome Stats I spent hundreds of dollars purchasing and using on my characters? All of my Attribute enhancements have been nerfed from 243 to 121 @ Rank 10. WTH? How is that fair? I bought Tomes up through Rank 12 for three different characters over time with the most recent being for my new brawler and now they are less than 50% as effective.

Because it's pay to win and they know it.

Hopefully they will erase the tomes entirely in the next few months.

Same with LP store percentage based stat buffs and endgame Lootboxes (idc about traveller's leveling lootboxes).

Like any investment the value of that investment can go down as well.

"Stat Packages" were on sale between the 7th and 14th. Comedic timing!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Moon View Post
    Why did they nerf all of the Tome Stats I spent hundreds of dollars purchasing and using on my characters? All of my Attribute enhancements have been nerfed from 243 to 121 @ Rank 10. WTH? How is that fair? I bought Tomes up through Rank 12 for three different characters over time with the most recent being for my new brawler and now they are less than 50% as effective.
    You have been devalued .
    Like practically everything else .
    And like the rest of us .

So this change is confirmed as intentional? I was hoping that it was an oversight from tweaking other systems.

I assume this "change" falls under the: "Some player-level based stat progressions were tweaked a bit to smooth out values below level 105." which I assumed were just changes to level-by-level stat gains.

I would just like confirmation one way or the other that the changes to stat tome buffs was intentional or not so I can change my builds accordingly, if need be.

Tera Online just closed down after an 11 year pay-to-win run. Players could buy BIS gear from cash shop right after installing the game.

Pay-to-win is destined to make MMOs die by degenerating all its progress and making it meaningless.
    Last edited by Melank; Jul 21 2022 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melank View Post
    Tera Online just closed down after an 11 year pay-to-win run. Players could buy BIS gear from cash shop right after installing the game.

Pay-to-win is destined to make MMOs die by degenerating all its progress and making it meaningless.
    P2W is about immediate profits with no worries about long term support or plans. When a P2W game dies or stops making enough money, change the name and some of the graphics and put it out there as the latest and greatest. How many mobile games are just different skins of the same games? People go to one spend money, move to the next and spend money and so on. I imagine there is less overhead in this type of game and business model. It is more about short term profit than longevity. I guess we can't fault SSG for trying to make a profit. They are a business and need to make money. Many of us just have hurt feelings about how the game has changed and how we are not valued as long term customers as in the past. We complain because we think this time it will make a difference. We hope that this time someone will listen and think that we are making sense and change course. Will it happen? I wish it would but probably not. I expect when enough of us get fed up and stop paying/playing the game will close and become something else. Elves, dwarves, halflings are the start of many a fantasy tale. Change the names and the story a bit and you have a whole new world.

Stat tomes and BIS are not the same thing...not even close...

Seem lately everything they are doing is to piss off the players... first take away, with no notice, rep accelerators (still very mad about the way this did that)..... then take heritages out of instances and in do that has screwed up at least 1 raid chest, that I now of, (Turtle). Now power issues and nerfing to 50 percent what we all put our hard earned money to buy........ Not impressed at all and starting to think they want us to quit playing.

Angry

Because it's pay to win and they know it.

Hopefully they will erase the tomes entirely in the next few months.

Same with LP store percentage based stat buffs and endgame Lootboxes (idc about traveller's leveling lootboxes).
    All my stat tomes came from in-game not the store, so how were they pay to win? They say to balance out the Legendary servers ...well screw the Legendary servers. I am VIP (until it expires) and I play on the regular servers and this is a slap in the face. Use Agility Tomes 1,2, & 3 and you have +24 to the agility stat (used to be 45) ..so now + 8 agility for a 295 LP Tome. What a complete RIP Off

Quote Originally Posted by oldsneakers View Post
    Stat tomes and BIS are not the same thing...not even close...
    Not Best in Slot? Tomes are about obtaining the slot. An additional source of stats. They may have varying importance over time because they lacked maintenance in-line with other system changes but all of them at whatever is Max now is BiS even if they don't necessarily reflect a good return of investment. The additional stats from the new LIs have lowered the importance of the contribution from virtues at a stroke but again they are an additional source so all of them maxed is another "BiS" and for some just not such a good return of investment, comparatively.

Ironically the buff in stats coming with new LIs diminishes the "need" to chase after the tomes and virtues unless you are chasing that T5 title.

I have yet to find anyone who went to the store and bought War-steed stat tomes but I'd imagine they'd be feeling short-changed if they'd spent so much trying to bump stats given the huge endurance hike amongst other undocumented changes to mounted combat of late.

stats tomes are prob worst decision you can make literally wont change any outcome, its for purists wanting to achieve some cap in all to show off, its really unwise decision , hundreds of $ makes me sad to think u could get full preimum kinship island tons of goodies, mounts pets upgrades expansions or other games, this is so so sad ...

even more game is not hard anymore lol :s

Quote Originally Posted by Hastran View Post
    All my stat tomes came from in-game not the store, so how were they pay to win? They say to balance out the Legendary servers ...well screw the Legendary servers. I am VIP (until it expires) and I play on the regular servers and this is a slap in the face. Use Agility Tomes 1,2, & 3 and you have +24 to the agility stat (used to be 45) ..so now + 8 agility for a 295 LP Tome. What a complete RIP Off
    stat tomes shouldn't be in the game in the first place.

scrolls that buff your stats permanently makes no sense at all.

and gating it behind a really low RNG drop table in old group instances that no one ever runs ever to then sell it on LP store is worse.

but the fact that they insisted on selling tomes on discount at the LP store for the last 6 months and now they're nerfing them is really bad. they shouldn't monetize on something that they will nerf the next day, it's unethical.

but the fact that they insisted on selling tomes on discount at the LP store for the last 6 months and now they're nerfing them is really bad. they shouldn't monetize on something that they will nerf the next day, it's unethical.
    Maybe they were thinking people would be ok with it and buy more of them to make up the difference when they put them on sale again next week?

Fortunately, there are at least two servers where gameforge/ bluehole can no longer run it into the ground.

Menma if you want a later version with more of a pvp/ max level focus

TERA CZ for as close to a "classic" server as you're going to get.
    Check out my LOTRO videos on Youtube at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRX...jPUNAiwtrJ_eiw

Just another nail SSG is driving into LOTRO's coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by rubybaby1 View Post
    stats tomes are prob worst decision you can make literally wont change any outcome, its for purists wanting to achieve some cap in all to show off, its really unwise decision , hundreds of $ makes me sad to think u could get full preimum kinship island tons of goodies, mounts pets upgrades expansions or other games, this is so so sad ...

This. They truly have not felt worth the effort for about 10 years now I'm actually surprised so many people were buying them in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by rubybaby1 View Post

I always thought they were useful to make the early game up through 75 or so a bit easier. Since launch I have easily spent well over a thousand on this game since I usually play VIP, purchased either the Collectors or Ultimate editions of expansions, bought 3x the $200 and 1x the $100 LotRO points bundles when they have the double bonus points plus several smaller point purchases (usually the $35 or $60 ones w/o the bonus) in between over the years. I love the game and, despite its age, the game-world is still one of the most beautiful of all of the MMOs. I love the sweeping vistas you can see from the tops of high points when travelling. This and FFXIV are my two favorite MMOs of all time and so I have spent a ton of money supporting them over the years. Despite the degradation in performance over the years with the worsening lag issues, I still want to see LotRO succeed and even continue to grow. However if this is the future for LoTRO, where they will degrade the effectiveness of purchases after the fact, I'll cease buying any more points.

As for the other goodies, I find that my favorite two mounts in the game are obtained in game (Prized Algraig and Prized Angmar's Free People's). The only one in the LP store that I like is the Steed of the Citadel. I am not one of those collectors that must have every mount and pet in the game. I'll get what I can through gameplay and only buy what I really like.
    Last edited by Dark_Moon; Jul 23 2022 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imatia_Narene View Post
    Maybe they were thinking people would be ok with it and buy more of them to make up the difference when they put them on sale again next week?
    There is no maybe about it. This is fuelled by peoples stupidity. I would stake my house that people will double down to get back to where they were originally.

So, who is the more reprehensible? The devs for putting it into game or the idiots that keep on buying this stuff?
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

Quote Originally Posted by TearMaker View Post
    There is no maybe about it. This is fuelled by peoples stupidity. I would stake my house that people will double down to get back to where they were originally.

So, who is the more reprehensible? The devs for putting it into game or the idiots that keep on buying this stuff?
    I have to admit that I did buy a couple of the agility tomes for my hunter with the free vip gold points a few weeks ago when they were on sale.

Skip forward to today and they took back half of what people have bought and nerfed a whole lot of other stuff just to peeve people off. Is that the new way to stay in business? Really makes me want to spend money for stuff in a game that will only be good for a week, not. LoL

We used to call people that did what they just did indian givers. I don't know what the p.c. term would be for indian giving nowadays as I'm over the hill.
    Last edited by Imatia_Narene; Jul 23 2022 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imatia_Narene View Post
    We used to call people that did what they just did indian givers. I don't know what the p.c. term would be for indian giving nowadays as I'm over the hill.
    If I remember correctly this term arose from the colonists who after encountering native americans they failed to understand the custom of giving a gift during a trade negotiation because the custome was to give something and expect a gift in return of equal value. To the native americans this was an extension of the trade deal but the europeans couldn't understand the practice and expected to receive without reply and vice versa. So, this practice got a bad reputation and down through the years became a playground slur.

So, to answer your question... no not PC at all.

The term in business you may be looking for is "Due Diligence" - However, as from the ToC it clearly states that even though you purchase virtual items you in no way own anything tangible and virtual rights are held with the supplier and they can change anything they wish in regards to it.
    So, your due diligence should have been to realise that anything you purchase in a virtual form is in fact worthless at the point of sale.

This then leaves you with the morality of the sale. And if this offends then all you can do is vote with your feet and stop buying virtual items which can be withdrawn or minimalised at any point.

The term in business you may be looking for is "Due Diligence"
    or "bait-and-switch"

If I remember correctly this term arose from the colonists who after encountering native americans they failed to understand the custom of giving a gift during a trade negotiation because the custome was to give something and expect a gift in return of equal value. To the native americans this was an extension of the trade deal but the europeans couldn't understand the practice and expected to receive without reply and vice versa. So, this practice got a bad reputation and down through the years became a playground slur.

So, to answer your question... no not PC at all.

The term in business you may be looking for is "Due Diligence" - However, as from the ToC it clearly states that even though you purchase virtual items you in no way own anything tangible and virtual rights are held with the supplier and they can change anything they wish in regards to it.
    So, your due diligence should have been to realise that anything you purchase in a virtual form is in fact worthless at the point of sale.

This then leaves you with the morality of the sale. And if this offends then all you can do is vote with your feet and stop buying virtual items which can be withdrawn or minimalised at any point.
    TOS/TOCs will not save them if people choose to demand a refund (or sue if not refunded) if they do not reverse this nerf of cash-purchased items. Selling something and literally days later making a change that reduces it's value by more than half is called fraud in the USA and is grounds for demanding a refund and, if not given, then grounds for a class-action lawsuit. If they do not reverse this change, I will be asking them to reverse my purchases of these items on all of my characters and refunding my LP. I actually still have my emailed receipts for every item purchased since 2010.
    Last edited by Dark_Moon; Jul 23 2022 at 11:28 AM.

TOS/TOCs will not save them if people choose to demand a refund (or sue if not refunded) if they do not reverse this nerf of cash-purchased items. Selling something and literally days later making a change that reduces it's value by more than half is called fraud in the USA and is grounds for demanding a refund and, if not given, then grounds for a class-action lawsuit. If they do not reverse this change, I will be asking them to reverse my purchases of these items on all of my characters and refunding my LP.

I think you should ask for a refund. If it’s a purchase in the last month hopefully they will be nice and give it to you. In this world it is common practice for vendors to reduce the value (size/quality/ingredients) without informing customers and charge the same or more.

As to the rest of your post? The last time I talked to a lawyer it was $5000 deposit and $500/hour and that was more than a decade ago. Class action? On virtual merchandise? Pretty much zero chance of a law firm even returning your calls. Your option is to not pay more or find another game. Like I’m doing as well as many others in this and other threads.

TOS/TOCs will not save them if people choose to demand a refund (or sue if not refunded) if they do not reverse this nerf of cash-purchased items. Selling something and literally days later making a change that reduces it's value by more than half is called fraud in the USA and is grounds for demanding a refund and, if not given, then grounds for a class-action lawsuit. If they do not reverse this change, I will be asking them to reverse my purchases of these items on all of my characters and refunding my LP. I actually still have my emailed receipts for every item purchased since 2010.
    Clearly deluded. The only chance you have is to ask for good will and you may get some compensation which in no way means they accept liability.

Come back down to earth... if you weren't on the dark side you would still be able to see the earth... look forward to the earth rise.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast