We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    As it should be. Having to start at lvl 100 to be able to play at 140 is ridiculous and this talk can only come from players who love doing the busy content and are always prepared for the next lvl increase. I tried when the ILI came out to keep up, but the tremendous amount of busy work killed all the fun that the game can offer. So good riddance. With the new system as a landscape player who does just weeks instead of months of cap game and rarely repeats it on alts this is a better system. It also gives new cap players an easier catch up to play instances.

I will remind you that I literally had half baked ILIs going into MM.
    It wasn't that hard to take advantage of what they gave you.

As for the current LI system... they could have just built onto what they had but they wanted to completely redo everything, although they copy/pasted the legacies over.
    This made crafting guilds further redundant as relic and LI recipes became obsolete, same with the supply-pack recipes they made a barter for at Annak-khurfu.
    I already wrote out a solid feedback about this in another thread but, like this one, most won't care about it. Especially SSG.

By the way, you still haven't convinced me how this system is better.
    Having a 'reward' track as a supplemental supply for this system is further proof that it is garbage.
    Must have been hard to find the first 83 scrolls per legacy then probably only needed 5-7 more scrolls by the time Gundabad launched and maybe 3-4 more at this point.
    8-11 scrolls each for 14 legacies to take care of vs 25 enhancement runes each for 23 tracery slots....
    112-154 scrolls vs 575 runes... notice a huge difference in math here?

Editing because I forgot they gave us over half of the grind when we transcend from pre to post ILI.
    Even rank 48 is more than half of rank 83 (a tier 2 pre imbued legacy)

They could have removed the star-lit mechanism and given us dps per reforge as the current system provides
    and they could have given us a scroll of empowerment each daily quest instead of weekly wrapper
    but they rebuilt everything from scratch, except for the words of mastery, and creating much more work for themselves than necessary.
    It wasn't that hard to barter for relics or find them in instance runs then craft the 4th relic.
    Let me remind everyone that you were able to pick whichever relic you wanted.
    That also included the crafted relic and title.

Let's take a moment here to pretend they kept the old system and removed the star-lit DPS mechanism and gave us free dps on reforge and scrolls per daily quest.
    You would then say that the old system was better because there wasn't any RNG involved for relics and there were almost half as many legacies as there are tracery slots.
    All of this and there wasn't any need for a 'reward' track to supplement the old system.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    As it should be. Having to start at lvl 100 to be able to play at 140 is ridiculous and this talk can only come from players who love doing the busy content and are always prepared for the next lvl increase. I tried when the ILI came out to keep up, but the tremendous amount of busy work killed all the fun that the game can offer. So good riddance. With the new system as a landscape player who does just weeks instead of months of cap game and rarely repeats it on alts this is a better system. It also gives new cap players an easier catch up to play instances.
    It still sucks for people with a lot of alts like me(I know I'm going to struggle on more than 3 characters and I have 13 characters with legendaries), but is way more enjoyable compared to the old system.

Though, TBH, legendaries were a mistake in general and in hindsight should never have happened. I actually miss just...upgrading weapons with drops and quest rewards.

I'm going to note something I noted 5 or 6 years ago that many may find controversial: WoW did this concept better with their artifact weapons (at first). A weapon with a storied past that you pick up and use and keep using and improving upon, rather than replacing. And could be reforged into different looks, and had its own talent tree. WoW's problem was they abandoned the system at the end of legion. The new system is a bit more like that, though I think the traceries system has too much randomness and too many trash traceries.

I knew it

I knew when I made this posting. that I would get some real stupid and dumb ### remarks.
    A few people replied with their honest and mature responses
    Many were off topic, I never mention LI's
    So explain to me how your replies were relevant to the original posting.
    To those I say you are just making a post to add to your numbers to try to look like you know about this game......
    YOU know nothing.

All of my toons are high level with I like to think are good stats.
    But this game is a drag
    To advance you need to do stupid quests by doing others jobs for them. Maybe this reflects the developers real life
    If I could I would remove some of the replies that do not pertain to the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom58 View Post
    I knew when I made this posting. that I would get some real stupid and dumb ### remarks.
    To those I say you are just making a post to add to your numbers to try to look like you know about this game......
    YOU know nothing.

But this game is a drag
    To advance you need to do stupid quests by doing others jobs for them. Maybe this reflects the developers real life
    If I could I would remove some of the replies that do not pertain to the original post.
    I think the idea was that if you have cash to burn then you would have the freedom to do what's fun. Except the things on offer don't actual meet your needs. They aren't going the "fix" anything because too many lap them up. And don't see their blinkered choices as effecting others.

I want to dis-associate myself with such people.

YOU know nothing.

But this game is a drag
    Hello, friend! Welcome to public discussion forums.

Anyway, I thought you quit?

YOU know nothing.

But this game is a drag

New to the internet? Nice of you to join us on this public forum.
    BTW, you cannot have a mmo with quests without the quests demanding you to kill x amount of mobs, collect y amount of things or destroy z amount of stuff.
    What is your idea of a 'fun' and 'different' quest that's not already present in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    I will remind you that I literally had half baked ILIs going into MM.
    It wasn't that hard to take advantage of what they gave you.

As for the current LI system... they could have just built onto what they had but they wanted to completely redo everything, although they copy/pasted the legacies over.
    This made crafting guilds further redundant as relic and LI recipes became obsolete, same with the supply-pack recipes they made a barter for at Annak-khurfu.
    I already wrote out a solid feedback about this in another thread but, like this one, most won't care about it. Especially SSG.

By the way, you still haven't convinced me how this system is better.
    Having a 'reward' track as a supplemental supply for this system is further proof that it is garbage.
    Must have been hard to find the first 83 scrolls per legacy then probably only needed 5-7 more scrolls by the time Gundabad launched and maybe 3-4 more at this point.
    8-11 scrolls each for 14 legacies to take care of vs 25 enhancement runes each for 23 tracery slots....
    112-154 scrolls vs 575 runes... notice a huge difference in math here?

Editing because I forgot they gave us over half of the grind when we transcend from pre to post ILI.
    Even rank 48 is more than half of rank 83 (a tier 2 pre imbued legacy)

They could have removed the star-lit mechanism and given us dps per reforge as the current system provides
    and they could have given us a scroll of empowerment each daily quest instead of weekly wrapper
    but they rebuilt everything from scratch, except for the words of mastery, and creating much more work for themselves than necessary.
    It wasn't that hard to barter for relics or find them in instance runs then craft the 4th relic.
    Let me remind everyone that you were able to pick whichever relic you wanted.
    That also included the crafted relic and title.

Let's take a moment here to pretend they kept the old system and removed the star-lit DPS mechanism and gave us free dps on reforge and scrolls per daily quest.
    You would then say that the old system was better because there wasn't any RNG involved for relics and there were almost half as many legacies as there are tracery slots.
    All of this and there wasn't any need for a 'reward' track to supplement the old system.
    SoEs were a lot more important to make a legacy good than Enhancements are to make a Tracery good. Both systems have pros and cons, I like the fact that a fresh character with fresh traceries is fairly functional. At the same time a fresh character with fresh legacies was not. T1 legacies almost did nothing at all.

That's exactly what I did with wow. Now I don't want to return to wow because I remember how awful it was. Lotro is pretty much in the same boat. There are good things and a lot of really bad things. I think it's important to step away and at least take a break when those thoughts come because it's not going to get any better. Taking a break gives you perspective on what you're doing, is it worth it? is it really fun? and so on.

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    You announced in a public forum you are going to quit the game. Did you really expect that everyone would just say: "how nice, good luck with your next game!"

Of course not. This is a public forum, so everyone gets to participate and respond (as long as you keep to the general rules of the forum, of course).

This is one reason I don't feel the need to announce that I am stopping play. I have stopped play for at least 3 months every year or so..... life, different games, not agreeing with a decision SSG has made, there could be many reasons.... but I do not feel that I need to go to the forum and say: "hey everyone, look at me, I am quitting the game".

If you do feel that is necessary, for instance to specifically voice your displeasement with SSG, and then are tooootally surprised some people give responses you do not like......you should probably re-evaluate posting "look at me, I am quitting because SSG ruined the game" posts.

Welcome to the Internet, my friend!
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2