We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: I Quit

Quote Originally Posted by Innocentte View Post
    While I do not like session play for the reason mentioned.
    Few people do in my experience.

I've played a ton of MMO's and vehicle combat is always one of the most universally disliked features in all of them.

Luckily it's also a tiny fraction of overall gameplay so most people just suck it up and push through it when necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Innocentte View Post
    * The lag is not my system nor my router nor my connection. The game plays fairly smooth in the morning (PST), but when prime time on the East Coast starts up, everything goes lag city. My guess, based on the behaviors I see, is that it is a database issue. I would put a bet down that SSG moved the database to a cloud system. This game actually ran better back when it launched and had many more players on older hardware.

* I also play a lot of other games. MMOs and Single Player. Pretty much all of them with higher demands than LOTRO. I have no issues like the ones I have in LOTRO on any of them.
    You didn't mention whether you're using wifi or a VPN, nor whether you are experiencing packet loss. And you made the categorical statement that it "is not my system nor my router nor my connection". That's your prerogative if you don't want to pursue those troubleshooting paths. But I will say that wifi performance can be highly variable depending on the time of day (e.g. performing worse in the evening when your neighbors get home and their wifi traffic starts colliding with yours); also packet loss affects performance in LOTRO a lot more than some other (newer) games due to the design of its network protocols.

Lag is definitely a big issue for LOTRO. SSG is not the only company to have an issue with lag and not handle it well. A really big company opened a new MMO last year (New something or other) and boy did that go south really fast. It was great at first but then quickly became unplayable - you couldn't move in game at all. I had to stop playing that one.

I hope this gets fixed and is made a priority before any new content is released - or we won't even be able to experience it as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    You didn't mention whether you're using wifi or a VPN, nor whether you are experiencing packet loss. And you made the categorical statement that it "is not my system nor my router nor my connection". That's your prerogative if you don't want to pursue those troubleshooting paths. But I will say that wifi performance can be highly variable depending on the time of day (e.g. performing worse in the evening when your neighbors get home and their wifi traffic starts colliding with yours); also packet loss affects performance in LOTRO a lot more than some other (newer) games due to the design of its network protocols.
    I agree some of our problems could be our own systems and internet connections and those help magnify the problems. At issue here is the large number of people having the same system and internet connection problems. Eventually SSG needs to look at why so many people have the same problems. Why is it that now when someone starts an instance they keep resetting it until they get the correct server number? Why is everyone at the festival having the same issue? The big problem here is that the performance issues used to be limited to specific activities and areas. The problem is growing and spreading and we cannot avoid them anymore. Very few locations are free of issues these days. The first step in solving this would be SSG stating this is what they are doing to determine the cause and while they don't have a date they will give us regular updates. We are at the point that people need to stop blaming the player base for having individual unique problems and looking at the big picture and communicating as to the progress in resolving the issue. I doubt the majority of the player base has individual computer and connection problems rather than something at SSG's end. Communication goes a long way with customers.

No one is denying Lotro have lag problems, or most of that you said.
    However that doesn't mean particular people couldn't have other problems on top of that that could be resolved and thus *that particular* session play could be finished.
    Maybe even general gameplay improved somewhat that it would be bearable for that person until server side problems are lessened or hopefully finally resolved.
    I, for one experience lag, sometimes heavily, but I did not have problems to complete session play so far.
    However I did not play recently any where mounted combat was involved.
    Recently new bridles were added, maybe that had impact to that session play?
    Maybe someone completed or tried it recently and have similar or other experience with it and could share?
    Maybe it should be changed if it's harder due to lag?
    Imho leaving game that you love and played since launch due to this is a bit too much. I would ask for example to just make adds spawn less often or otherwise change that instance.

The fan boys....geesh.

No other MMO have I ever played in has had more people complaining about lag.....this is a hands-down an SSG issue. Stop trying to divert the blame on the customers.
    Yeah, everyone has the occasional hiccup on their end or even sometimes with servers, but this is something way worse. I'm almost to Gunbad (I'm new player) and really leaning towards not buying, because of the lag and terrible performance of the game.

Everything else is great about the game (although the LI system is starting to get annoying....never have ancient scripts...not even close). I'm ready to throw money at it. I love it.

But that lag....the annoyance just keeps getting worse and worse....just eats at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeshen View Post
    The fan boys....geesh.

No other MMO have I ever played in has had more people complaining about lag.....this is a hands-down an SSG issue. Stop trying to divert the blame on the customers.
    Yeah, everyone has the occasional hiccup on their end or even sometimes with servers, but this is something way worse. I'm almost to Gunbad (I'm new player) and really leaning towards not buying, because of the lag and terrible performance of the game.

Everything else is great about the game (although the LI system is starting to get annoying....never have ancient scripts...not even close). I'm ready to throw money at it. I love it.

But that lag....the annoyance just keeps getting worse and worse....just eats at me.
    Yep.. Recently myself being a new player. Course im a whale in a sense I buy char boosts and lootboxes for gear.. I am experiencing HELL on server lag during my prime times doing my missions, daily quests or exploring... Sometimes flat out instances where I cant even move or attack but mobs still hit me and I get sped up in time and die.
    Mew <3

IGN: Psycha
    Discord: PsychaChi#9475

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    Your lag shouldn't be that bad. I suspect you are using a flaky wifi connection. This can be troubleshooted and probably improved, or you can switch to wired ethernet and probably see a vast, immediate improvement. I'm sorry you are leaving the game, but maybe someone else can benefit from this advice.
    Yes, becauce it's NEVER the game company's server that's at fault. Ever.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4