We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Good bye I guess.

Just wanted to vent because I'm frustrated and just got a big old middle finger from Support.

Timeline: Last played around early 2018. Wanted to restart playing last year. I had a lifetime account I bought way back when.

Account no longer showed up when I requested the password reset.
    So I filed a ticket out August 01, 2021 22:08.

Got a back and forth and was told that it would be transferred to the "appropriate team" after about a month.

No reasponses after September 29, 2021 07:28.

In March I made a comment explicitly voicing my displeasure on silence in the ticket.

Ticket was closed without Comment in May 2022.

So I opened a new ticket.

After being asked for information I provided what I could. (Paypal address, street address. etc) Unfortunately I couldn't find the registration code as it has been close to 15 years.

And this is the response I get:

Today at 08:50
    Hello,

Thank you for your patience. After further review we will not be able to release this account. Please note that players are responsible for their account’s security. The Support Team does not mediate account ownership disputes and is not responsible for restoring items or currencies that were lost as part of a compromise.

For security reasons, please do not use your real name as your username, password, or forum handle. We reserve the right in our sole and absolute discretion to suspend and/or terminate your account and restrict your access to the Daybreak Games if you do not comply with the Daybreak Terms of Service, Daybreak Privacy Policy, Daybreak End User License Agreement and/or any other terms and conditions that may apply to your access to and/or use of any Daybreak Game(s).

You can find more information on Daybreak Games’ Terms of Service here: https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service

As we cannot assist further, any future responses or inquiries regarding this account will not receive a response.

Kind regards,
    Customer Service Supervisor
    Standing Stone Games

So no lotro for me. I wish everyone the best and hope they don't have to go through this. I don't think I'd be nearly upset if they had told me this a year ago.

That appears to be their standard copy-and-paste response these days most of the time. The reasoning doesn't even seem completely relevant to your situation.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

This is the same issue Im having. I think SSG have suffered a security breach, and have ####ed some user accounts. I think it should be investigated by authorities since they dont give any information

Quote Originally Posted by Arnolde View Post
    Just wanted to vent because I'm frustrated and just got a big old middle finger from Support.

Timeline: Last played around early 2018. Wanted to restart playing last year. I had a lifetime account I bought way back when.

Account no longer showed up when I requested the password reset.
    So I filed a ticket out August 01, 2021 22:08.

Got a back and forth and was told that it would be transferred to the "appropriate team" after about a month.

No reasponses after September 29, 2021 07:28.

In March I made a comment explicitly voicing my displeasure on silence in the ticket.

Ticket was closed without Comment in May 2022.

So I opened a new ticket.

After being asked for information I provided what I could. (Paypal address, street address. etc) Unfortunately I couldn't find the registration code as it has been close to 15 years.

And this is the response I get:

So no lotro for me. I wish everyone the best and hope they don't have to go through this. I don't think I'd be nearly upset if they had told me this a year ago.
    This is the exact same response I got. The subtext I think is that your account was hacked and then sold on the grey market, account selling is against TOS and SSG holds you responsible for the security of your account (so it's your own fault the account was hacked), even though they don't have 2fa or anything like that, and possibly their own system has been breached

Same situation, life time account that I got like 10 years ago.
    I didn't play for a while, 4 years ago I tried to log in and it wouldn't work.
    My account seem to still exist because I can reset the password for it, but after password reset, I am unable login with the credentials that I just set.

I feel like they got an opportunity to get rid of some lifetime account that don't bring in anymore money and booted us out.
    If that's not it then I would be curious to have their take on it.
    Doesn't look like they are willing to answer here either.

Quote Originally Posted by BarmokDer View Post
    Same situation, life time account that I got like 10 years ago.
    I didn't play for a while, 4 years ago I tried to log in and it wouldn't work.
    My account seem to still exist because I can reset the password for it, but after password reset, I am unable login with the credentials that I just set.

I feel like they got an opportunity to get rid of some lifetime account that don't bring in anymore money and booted us out.
    If that's not it then I would be curious to have their take on it.
    Doesn't look like they are willing to answer here either.
    In your case it sounds more like:
    –You no longer have access to the email address you associated with your LOTRO account.
    –Someone else changed the email address associated with the LOTRO account but did not change the password. (This is very unlikely.)

If you do still have access to the email account associated with your LOTRO account, check it. There is probably a "click the link in this email to confirm your password change" message in there.

The idea that SSG is purposely canceling/banning Lifetime VIP accounts to reduce their expenses is conspiracy theory-level silly. The tiny amount of expense associated with such an account is completely outweighed by the potential income from the owner of such an account through LOTRO Point, expansion, and other cash purchases. And why was your account chosen for "cancellation" but others were not?

It's an issue with your account credentials or the email address associated with the account; or account theft; or bannable behavior that resulted in a ban.

Have you submitted a ticket to SSG?

If you think it's related to your credentials or email, a ticket should sort things out although it might take some time to do so. (I am not making excuses for SSG in terms of the amount of time required for some ticket responses, just noting that this is the way it seems to be.)

If it was account theft or behavior on the part of someone (maybe not you) who was using the account, you will probably not receive a response that will make you happy.
    Last edited by Tralfazz; Oct 04 2022 at 11:41 AM. Reason: CHANGE not CHANGED

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post
    The idea that SSG is purposely canceling/banning Lifetime VIP accounts to reduce their expenses is conspiracy theory-level silly.
    I have to disagree.
    There have been many cases of lifetime account owners being flat-out denied help after the account gets stolen/hacked; myself included. There are also cases where non-lifetime accounts are recovered without any fuss; myself included.
    I have all the proof of ownership they require. They stick to the line that T&Cs were breached; which is false.

If you do still have access to the email account associated with your LOTRO account, check it. There is probably a "click the link in this email to confirm your password change" message in there.

It's an issue with your account credentials or the email address associated with the account; or account theft; or bannable behavior that resulted in a ban.

I have access to the email address, I receive the email with the link to reset the password, the link works and it tells me my password reset is done, but never got an email asking me to confirm any password change.
    I have seen people writing about blocked account, apparently because of a suspected hack, that support was able to unlock.

The idea that SSG is purposely canceling/banning Lifetime VIP accounts to reduce their expenses is conspiracy theory-level silly. The tiny amount of expense associated with such an account is completely outweighed by the potential income from the owner of such an account through LOTRO Point, expansion, and other cash purchases. And why was your account chosen for "cancellation" but others were not?
    Life time account receive LOTRO points every month in amount large enough that they never need to spend money on any of the expansions or else in my experience while I was playing the game.
    Check the post titled Standing Stone Games Customer Service and you will see that dozens of people have similar situation to mine and it sure seems like a lot of them had lifetime accounts...

If you think it's related to your credentials or email, a ticket should sort things out although it might take some time to do so. (I am not making excuses for SSG in terms of the amount of time required for some ticket responses, just noting that this is the way it seems to be.)

If it was account theft or behavior on the part of someone (maybe not you) who was using the account, you will probably not receive a response that will make you happy.
    I have submitted tickets about once a year for the past 4 years and never got anything done, I have sometimes been ignored, sometimes been told it's being escalated and taken care by the team in charge of that, been told it's my fault for being hacked and they can't do anything about it...

Gonna keep trying every now and then until I either get my account active again or get an actual explanation to what happened to it.

I had this issue earlier this year for me and what i ended up having to do was explain what happened, email wouldn't work, couldn't reset, whatever and then I went and added copy paste of a handful of purchases over the years that included the codes to go with it. It probably took a week or two of back and forth but they restored my account under a new email address.

I guess in this case it paid off having emails that went back to the beginning of the game

Im having similar issues getting support. I had 2 accounts back in the days of Turbine and am a returning player and on both those accounts I am unable to log in using the client. It says I dont have a subscription! Then when I log in here it logs me in fine but when I go to manage subscriptions the only thing appearing is ddo and it should be both! Support never did get back to me and I cant post threads in the forums for whatever reasons and the gms are gone so I guess Standing Stones are bunch of hopeless greedy fools who are just taking everyones money for lifetime subs and vip accounts cause the game is still running but they have completely abandoned the players. Im not sure how the game is even still going! I guess everyones love for Tolkien that keeps them here. Cause it sure aint the devs!!!!!! I guess if I want to start up my 3 man band I'll have to create 2 more useless emails just for the game! Because I cant get my old ones going! I have no subscriptions on the account but I do have accounts still so cant just sign up using the old emails either. Ive never seen anything like it. Its total neglect!!!!!

This is the same response I got too on my second ticket. The first one they accused me of falsifying my information despite image proof of purchase.

"Hello,

Thank you for your patience. After further review we will not be able to release this account. Please note that players are responsible for their account’s security. The Support Team does not mediate account ownership disputes and is not responsible for restoring items or currencies that were lost as part of a compromise.

For security reasons, please do not use your real name as your username, password, or forum handle. We reserve the right in our sole and absolute discretion to suspend and/or terminate your account and restrict your access to the Daybreak Games if you do not comply with the Daybreak Terms of Service, Daybreak Privacy Policy, Daybreak End User License Agreement and/or any other terms and conditions that may apply to your access to and/or use of any Daybreak Game(s).

You can find more information on Daybreak Games’ Terms of Service here: https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service

As we cannot assist further, any future responses or inquiries regarding this account will not receive a response.

Kind regards,
    Customer Service Supervisor"

Now it seems that no, I'm not falsifying data, I just apparently have had my account taken in the time I've been away from the game. Brilliant SSG.