We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Resistance is Futile Deed

Hi, all. Level 80 burg here, trying to enjoy the play and increasingly frustrated with finishing this deed. About two weeks ago, I was at 150 out of 200 completions of "use trick/riddle removal skills." After mindlessly spamming these skill combinations during every minute of gameplay since, I'm at 166/200. I've kept track today, and have used these skills, successfully, 53 times. As in, single target, apply trick, see trick debuff under mob, apply removal skill, watch trick debuff disappear. I've gotten credit for this chain of events precisely three times, out of 53. What in the world am I doing wrong?

Worst part is I don't usually play yellow burg, only spec'd (and invested in LIs) for yellow to complete this deed.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Every spec gets Riddle at Level 8. You can advance the "Resistance is Futile" deed with Riddle. Riddle has a 1-minute cooldown but if you play for an hour (or just a bit longer) it shouldn't be difficult to use Riddle 50 times which is the maximum the deed can be incremented in a single day.

If you are OK with staying in yellow spec, you can use trick removal skills. These include Mischievous Glee, Startling Twist, Clever Retort, and Mischievous Delight. These skills individually have 45-second cooldowns and you can use all 4, so incrementing the deed can be done faster in yellow spec. Note that when using a trick removal skill, you must have an active trick on the target or the deed will not increment.

Also note that the mob on which you use any of these skills must not be "grey" – in general, it cannot be more than 8 levels lower than your character's level. Most deeds, including this one, will not increment due to a skill application on a grey mob.

I hope one of those things helps. If you are already sure you haven't hit the daily increment cap and are in combat with non-grey mobs, then your issue might be worth a ticket:
    https://help.standingstonegames.com/...s/requests/new

Thanks. I can confirm that the ONLY thing that advances this deed is using Riddle. I've used every combination of trick and removal skill that I have, on on-level down to "green" mobs and training dummies, and none of those combinations are advancing the deed.

24 more "Riddles" and I'm done...