We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lotro Client Stopped Working and Blew Up Windows

I was playing this evening when the 64-bit client stopped working and the game screen went white. I tried to shut it down with the Control Panel but the Desktop screen flipped 90-degrees sideways on me and System Restore could find no recovery file. I rebooted in Safe Mode and was able to perform a restore and get everything back, but now I'm afraid to run the game again for fear the same thing will happen. This only came up after today's maintenance. Anyone else have this problem?
    Hamlet was right . . . but so was P.T. Barnum!

Quote Originally Posted by Artegall View Post
    I was playing this evening when the 64-bit client stopped working and the game screen went white. I tried to shut it down with the Control Panel but the Desktop screen flipped 90-degrees sideways on me and System Restore could find no recovery file. I rebooted in Safe Mode and was able to perform a restore and get everything back, but now I'm afraid to run the game again for fear the same thing will happen. This only came up after today's maintenance. Anyone else have this problem?
    There was no patch today. No files were changed on your end, not by the game itself, anyway. Whatever your issue was, it is very likely that today’s server restarts had nothing to do with it.

Play the game and try to not worry about it. If this or any other significant issue recurs, start a thread in the Windows PC Technical Support Forum.

CTRL + ALT + arrow keys is the default command on windows to rotate your screen display. I wonder if you accidentally hit that while trying to force close LOTRO....
    Well, I suppose you could always say "flame resistant sunglasses" if you prefer that to "shoes"