We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Fix the lag.

Please discuss fixing the lag, putting items into and out of shared storage should not take over a minute.

How do you as a team plan to keep new players showing up to this game when the lag is so so bad.

Whohaz_Duhrang is offline Father Of Dwarves Within The Evernight...
    Yes., Please Fix The “Lag”

Is there any chance of opening up past festival steeds and cosmetics to be bartered with festival tokens? I think it would generate prolonged interest in festivals in general rather than people playing until they acquire the new items.

No matter what new content is presented lag will make it frustrating to play/experience. What is going to be done about lag and when will it be done?
    “The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Please fix tha lag!
    Group content is hard to play, certainly hardly enjoyable, just getting stuff in and out of your vault becomes a 10 minute nightmare and in pvp when there are more then 20 ppl, becomes a 1 skill a minute play.
    How can we enjoy new content and the old one, when the condition of doing so is not met.
    For the sake of the game and your players, please fix lag.
    Critting like Jesus

Huorian/ Calestis

Quote Originally Posted by jameshowe View Post
    Is there any chance of opening up past festival steeds and cosmetics to be bartered with festival tokens? I think it would generate prolonged interest in festivals in general rather than people playing until they acquire the new items.
    Having more than a decade's worth of once free festival horses is going to excite new players arriving - NOT. SSG have been busy getting things changed in readiness of a large influx of new players, hopefully interested since the new Amazon series. Their first festival will likely be the Haunted burrow or maybe Yule, or Spring if they arrive later, and just like any player, their first port of call will be to check the barter. Doubt they will like what they find.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

This is tomorrow!
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

I'd like to ask three things:

1. Since there is a new skirmish upcoming, could you consider updating skirms in general. Much of the skirmish gear available for barter was never updated stat-wise to reflect
    the class changes that have taken place over the years. The rewards for running the skirms also need updating. As do the soldiers. I've always liked running skirmishes but
    other than XP, they don't offer much incentive to engage with them.

2. Alternate ways to acquire trait points. As much as I like Western Rohan and Central Gondor, it'd be really nice to have different ways to obtain the traits points you get
    from those zones. Running them on every alt I might want to level up gets a bit tiring after a while. I don't think you should take them away from those zones, just add more
    to other zones. If you complete the "Intermediate/Advanced/Final" deed for a zone, maybe the could earn a point. Just cap the limit on the number of points like virtues were
    in the past.

3. Crafting...It would be really nice to have some generic gear available to craft for levels beyond 100. It feels like, more and more, that crafting is being relegated to being
    permanently forgotten.

Are there plans to increase vault and wardrobe space? Players asking for this for ages! Please give us more!

Quote Originally Posted by Thurinuor View Post
    Are there plans to increase vault and wardrobe space? Players asking for this for ages! Please give us more!
    I just want to ask WHEN will OC/EC old iterations be back in their original homes?

Also, God love our dearly departed Queen. She was an absolute trooper.
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

?

Fix the lag

Fix the lag

Fix the lag

Are there any other major class updates coming in the near future, like what we're getting with the minstrel for 33.2? In particular, with the minstrel's yellow traitline being made into a secondary traitline, I'd like to know if any other traitlines from the other classes will be getting the same treatment?
    Mydiel 140 LM
    Uulanel 140 GRD

Can you give us an update on VIP changes that was eluded to?

Store discount, for one, would be nice

Orion:

Group content:
    Is the recent "drought" a "blip" or is it a long term trend?
    Are the rewards for group activities hard coded?

Crafting:
    Will crafting from lvl 95 to 130 be expanded to allow solo, landscape players to craft at least a good set of gear for questing? (i.e. same as the 7 - 50 range)

Classes:
    How will the classes be balanced to appeal to the raiders (more actions, more CDs, more form / stance changes) and yet appease those who are reasonably content with the current setup?

Landscape:
    Will the new areas be "free roaming"?
    Will they all eventually connect to the "end"?
    Will they have higher experience rewards to allow shorter time to the "cap"?
    Will "end game" consist mostly of missions?

Scaling:
    With the new LI system and the "normalisation" of stats, can players or group activities be properly scaled: up or down?

Thank you
    Regards
    Aurora7
    Refugee Status: Veteran (Windfola, Bombadil, Ithil, Anor, and Coming SoonTM - Treebeard)

Here's the archive on YouTube:

Last edited by Cordovan; Sep 10 2022 at 01:18 PM.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Thanks to everyone who showed up and participated.

Absolutely fantastic and insightful stream, and paced very well...I might not agree with all of the changes but your input and reasonings are professional and respectful. Excited for the future

Very informative, ty and hope to see more soon. When you work on warden class, can we get a 5% spear damage, like burglars with daggers and captains with halberds. 1/3 of the warden's skills are spear skills, only makes sense.

I still want to see Golf as a Hobby. It's pretty much Lore.
    Very nice. Very evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Here's the archive on YouTube
    Thank you for providing this in video form. Streams are nowhere near as user friendly.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

You mentioned Fellowship Maneouvre's can't really be fixed.. so with that in mind will you be improving the burglar class item?
    Second Marshal Jevyan of Eldar
    : Mini LM RK Capt Champ Hunt Burg Guard Beorn R7: WL Def. Player from the beginning in 2007
    I can heal lots but I can't heal stupid

Quote Originally Posted by jevvy View Post
    You mentioned Fellowship Maneouvre's can't really be fixed.. so with that in mind will you be improving the burglar class item?
    I found the comment strange, since there's no reason - in principle - that a Fellowship Maneuver has to keep anyone frozen in place.

I suspect they simply lack the technical skill to fix it.
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

Being acutely aware of the "lag" yet still on a mission to add another 30 odd Missions into the game and another game system to boot.

"Build it and they will come"? Only for many to regret that investment?

Put your development server(s) into the same cluster (deleted) the live servers are in, maybe. Share our pain for once.

How hollow is the thrill of development when the foundations are build on sand? Move on to the next condo while the last falls down? You run out of people needing a home this way.

the transcript from Weird Jedi will save you even more time https://forums.lotro.com/forums/show...84#post8156484

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast