We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

State of the "class" threads

I'm noticing a common recommendation in a few of the "State of the (class)" threads. There are a few requests to eliminate a specific trait line because its either not viable at end-game, or clunky or any of another reasons. I would caution making this request as all it does is reduce options for your character. We had this "fight" back when trait lines were introduced. That decision took away a lot of the flexibility that players had when building their characters. Just because one class only has 2 lines in which to specialize (yup looking at you brawlers), doesn't mean that should be the norm. If you start cutting customization options, instead of making all traits viable, we'll eventually end up with 1 class called Middle Earth Adventurer. They'll come complete with 3 skills; hit, heal and taunt. I implore you, both players and Devs, come up with ways to fix or improve what already exists instead of cutting parts of our characters.

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize minstrels are getting the brawler treatment. I don't play mini's but have been a lucky recipient of their healing prowess many times. This madness needs to stop.
    Last edited by Swanee; Sep 03 2022 at 10:43 PM.

I can see the potential...

By making the traits that are currently only accessible by specialization of a tree, to being accessible to the other two traits trees, it allows us more options and flexibility. Of course, that is assuming it is done right. When I had my limited time playing around with the new Mini trait trees on Bullroarer I saw the potential to go a bunch of different ways even though we lost a specialization. More total traits were attainable and more trait choices were accessible.

The changes to the traits I'll consider a separate topic
    Landroval - The Alliance kinship of The Alliance Gaming Community
    https://agc.gamerlaunch.com/
    “Take me with you. For laughs, for luck, for the unknown. Take me with you.” - Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Swanee View Post
    If you start cutting customization options, instead of making all traits viable, we'll eventually end up with 1 class called Middle Earth Adventurer. They'll come complete with 3 skills; hit, heal and taunt.
    Or it'll end up like some games where there are tons of "classes" but everyone does the same damage, heals the same amount, etc- just with different animations.