We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by SSG_Orion View Post
    I'm thinking that the next discussion will focus on the plans moving forward. Much like I am outlining what our plans are with Monster Play. We have pretty extensive plans for every other aspect of the game. It would behoove us to provide a little more information. I'll talk to Cordovan and Severlin about doing just this.
    Couldn't agree more!

The initial goal of Delvings is for solo and duo players to work through missions and obtain gear that is on par with Raid level gear. This has always been the intention of the new system. Over time we hope to back fit the functionality into 3-man instances first, likely the School and Library. We're making the system flexible, varied, and extensible so that it can extend even further over time with new flavors being added to increase the variety and style of the difficulty settings.
    Am I correct in assuming this gear will be on par with T1 raid gear and not T2+?

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie_Me View Post
    Am I correct in assuming this gear will be on par with T1 raid gear and not T2+?
    pretty sure he said delving gear is very hard to obtain and will be BIS. Then he said it would be equal to Tier 3 raid gear. Then he clarified it would be a tiny bit less than Tier 3 raid gear and mentioned the raid gear might have set bonuses and this might not.
    either way it will almost certainly be better than tier 2 raid gear.

just because something is solo, doesn’t mean it’s easier than a tier 3 raid. There is a difference between skilled play and coordination. Delvings reward skilled play and won’t be easy. Whereas raids reward both skilled play and team coordination. It’s very possible the delvings will be harder mechanically than the raids. We will see.

I'm thinking that the next discussion will focus on the plans moving forward. Much like I am outlining what our plans are with Monster Play. We have pretty extensive plans for every other aspect of the game. It would behoove us to provide a little more information. I'll talk to Cordovan and Severlin about doing just this.
    If only there was some sort of opportunity where this could be presented. Like some sort of Q&A by the producer. But yes, some undetailed information would be lovely. Don't have to guesse if and what is being looked at. Such as does a new skirmish come with some much needed revisions or QoL updates? Which we now know is a no after a few weeks.

Thanks for the transcript!

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdJedi View Post
    Implementing a level-scaling item is something we talked about but nowhere close in figuring out a system (91min).
    I think a reasonable and optional level-scaling system would do wonders for LOTRO. I would love to be able to quest in any zone whenever I want, like for example in ESO, without worrying about my level or having to be high level.

Also on the issue of levels, I would prefer fewer or no more increases in the level cap. 140 levels already feels like way too much. Having to re-grind everything on several characters whenever there is an increase in the level cap is the reason why I've had to restrict myself to playing only a few characters.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdJedi View Post
    Further explanation of the Delving System might be good. I know tons of people who are antsy to find out when and how their classes are going to change. I think there are a lot of players migrating to the game who really want to know the typical things about UI, 4K, Old Servers, 2FA, and Performance Changes. I know a few wanting to know endgame, crafting, and skirmishes. I personally would like to know how the new forums are coming along.
    Specifically as it relates to the Delving system I am working on an article for LOTRO.com that should come out in about a week that will go much more into the details of how to do it, what it does, and how the reward system will work.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2