We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cordovan/Severlin wearing Before the Shadow T-shirts on stream

Why are these not available for us to purchase?

I can't be the only one that would love to have some lotro merch to wear.

Especially now with the supporter packs being created for the sole purpose of supporting lotro/SSG, why hasn't that same energy been brought to stuff like t-shirts, coffee mugs, stickers, etc?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by LostAleph View Post
    Why are these not available for us to purchase?

I can't be the only one that would love to have some lotro merch to wear.

Especially now with the supporter packs being created for the sole purpose of supporting lotro/SSG, why hasn't that same energy been brought to stuff like t-shirts, coffee mugs, stickers, etc?
    Maybe they plan to do it & those shirts are a early teaser to make people want to buy them.

The "Before the Shadow Shirt" looks indeed great. They gave them to the people that came to the community meetup in Germany last month.

Had to make my own a while back. When Mordor released I printed the logo onto a T shirt.

Three weeks later it went into the wrong wash and now I have what looks like a very dirty shirt:-)
    Mithithil Ithryndi

Quote Originally Posted by Mithithil View Post
    Had to make my own a while back. When Mordor released I printed the logo onto a T shirt.

Three weeks later it went into the wrong wash and now I have what looks like a very dirty shirt:-)
    There'll be a local Boston business with that "template" to knock out a bunch...

LOTRO merchandise would be a great way to bring in some extra money rather than further trying to monetize everything from the cash shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Feuerhaar View Post
    The "Before the Shadow Shirt" looks indeed great. They gave them to the people that came to the community meetup in Germany last month.
    Odds are good if you are in the Boston area for PAX East we'll have some there, too, whether it's a formal or informal meetup. Perhaps someday we'll have a merchandising infrastructure in place that will allow us to offer shirts for sale, but that is an idea that just hasn't been able to get movement on to date.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Odds are good if you are in the Boston area for PAX East we'll have some there, too, whether it's a formal or informal meetup. Perhaps someday we'll have a merchandising infrastructure in place that will allow us to offer shirts for sale, but that is an idea that just hasn't been able to get movement on to date.
    Sounds like you need a new marketing dept.

/signed. I'd spend money on lotro shirts!

Ridiculous. You spend all your time creating ways to mess up the game, 'cause, money.
    Then you have a great way to MAKE MONEY, but can't be bothered to market it.

Lightbulb

It's not going to just "get movement" spontaneously. A human being would have to take ownership and make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    A human being would have to take ownership and make it happen.
    What is this.. human being..?
    Brethwyn Bearsbane of House Breddinga [100-Guardian]
    Hygweard of Rohan, High Protector of Bree-Land and Lord of Emyn Uial
    Children of the Sun - Gilrain

Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack
    I think you guys should prioritize this. Lots of non-LOTRO players would be interested in LOTRO apparel because it's related to the Middle Earth, it could be a great way to get the game's name out there and bring in a little side money to fund operations. I think with some strategic marketing, and honestly some better trailers/cinematics (look at ESO trailers), you could draw a much wider audience to LOTRO.
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver

it truly is a shame that SSG/Turbine has NEVER been to pax west or anything west of MA.
    The Lover®: So suave. So cool. So debonair. So smooth.

This is CYAN. This is TEAL. Know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by dmark101 View Post
    it truly is a shame that SSG/Turbine has NEVER been to pax west or anything west of MA.
    We have not been to PAX West in some time, but we have been there at least twice that I can recall. I, personally, however, was not a part of either trip.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

We have not been to PAX West in some time, but we have been there at least twice that I can recall. I, personally, however, was not a part of either trip.
    in all of the time i've been playing, i've never seen anything from you guys there.
    The Lover®: So suave. So cool. So debonair. So smooth.

This is CYAN. This is TEAL. Know the difference.

Faster, please.
    Arda Shrugged : Elendilmir (RIP) -> Arkenstone -> Anor (RIP) -> Landroval -> Treebeard

fyi: There are MANY people who could (and would) afford to buy a t-shirt, mug, poster, etc. who are not rich whales who can afford a trip to Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaxie View Post
    fyi: There are MANY people who could (and would) afford to buy a t-shirt, mug, poster, etc. who are not rich whales who can afford a trip to Boston.
    Ah, the other Boston, not the one aboout 150 miles away in Lincolnshire.

Such merch would have a far more global reach as long as the company doing the work were told firmly that there are places outside the continental USA and Canada and that international shipping charges are around 10% of what some US suppliwers think they are :-)
    Mithithil Ithryndi

Quote Originally Posted by Mithithil View Post
    Ah, the other Boston, not the one aboout 150 miles away in Lincolnshire.

Such merch would have a far more global reach as long as the company doing the work were told firmly that there are places outside the continental USA and Canada and that international shipping charges are around 10% of what some US suppliwers think they are :-)
    I was talking to someone who does merch, and the mentioned that it cost less for them to ship from Germany to the US than it does to ship the opposite way. So SSG should just collab with a German company...

All the snark in this thread, and no one got a screenie of said shirts of uberness?

Hm.

Brandy: Cupcakes of Doom.
    Landro: Trueheart Companions.