We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Mini-Expansion FAQ

The FAQ states that the mini-expansion Housing Teleporter is given to every character, but the expansion page shows an asterick next to the item stating that it will be available one per account. I'm going to assume that it is still per character and the footnote was only to imply it will be given out on the release date.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdJedi View Post
    The FAQ states that the mini-expansion Housing Teleporter is given to every character, but the expansion page shows an asterick next to the item stating that it will be available one per account. I'm going to assume that it is still per character and the footnote was only to imply it will be given out on the release date.

Umm, probably a dumb question but why does one need a Housing Teleporter? We can fast travel to our houses now. Did I miss something in the update or is there some type of change coming where we need to buy a teleporter to travel to our houses?

Quote Originally Posted by Neinda View Post
    Umm, probably a dumb question but why does one need a Housing Teleporter? We can fast travel to our houses now. Did I miss something in the update or is there some type of change coming where we need to buy a teleporter to travel to our houses?
    Every expansion usually comes with some sort of teleportation device you can use from your house. What it looks like and where it goes, I do not know.

Every expansion usually comes with some sort of teleportation device you can use from your house. What it looks like and where it goes, I do not know.
    Thank you. I was afraid for a minute there that SSG was going to make us purchase something in order to be able to travel to our houses.

The Housing Teleport item will be delivered to every character upon the release of Before the Shadow. We'll get the asterisk sorted.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Hey Cord - the Virtue boost offered to the ultimate buyers should have been consolidated (stacked) and not individually listed!
    Also, the upgraded stone of the tortoise is the shiz.. having the ability to not level up WHILE getting the buffs of a pocket item is incredible!!

/Asimon.

"Dont cry - I'll pop a token for you!"
    elen sila lumenn omentielvo

I'm wondering whether the Housing Teleporter (whatever that is) will allow remotely sharing carry-alls among my family.
    Tuco of the Quick Post

Are there level restrictions for the other stone (guess it is one with +25% XP gain?)?
    Are both stones bound to char or bound to account?

I haven't found further info about them. Just that they are to be levelscaling.
    "...In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought."
    Ian Malcolm

Quote Originally Posted by Derquin View Post
    Are there level restrictions for the other stone (guess it is one with +25% XP gain?)?
    Are both stones bound to char or bound to account?

I haven't found further info about them. Just that they are to be levelscaling.

Both stones have the same stats, but one of them also has the level disabler.
    It does scale with your level, and bound to account not character.

IMHO this is the star of the new mini expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
    I'm wondering whether the Housing Teleporter (whatever that is) will allow remotely sharing carry-alls among my family.
    If it is alike to previous housing teleporters then it will allow you to port to a quest hub or something like that in the new region:

-Mordor housing item allowed to port to Dingarth
    -Minas Morgul housing item allowed to port to Dingarth in Besieged Mordor after completing a specific chapter of the story
    -WoTP housing item allowed to port to the mission chamber in Elderslade (only VIP).
    "...In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought."
    Ian Malcolm

Quote Originally Posted by asimon View Post
    Both stones have the same stats, but one of them also has the level disabler.
    It does scale with your level, and bound to account not character.

IMHO this is the star of the new mini expansion.

Ah, thanks!
    I agree with you. And bound to account sounds very nice!
    Ian Malcolm

Quote Originally Posted by Derquin View Post
    Ah, thanks!
    I agree with you. And bound to account sounds very nice!
    Another thing to swap in and out of shared storage and forget or get bored of or loose amongst your characters?

Who still buys a timeshare sight unseen still? At least wait for a BR...

What am I thinking? Preaching to peeps who likely have a One Ring knock off. It's pretty but totally evil symbolism.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The Housing Teleport item will be delivered to every character upon the release of Before the Shadow. We'll get the asterisk sorted.

Could we get a preview picture of it, please? It sounds interessting.
    Ian Malcolm

Echoweaver is offline Meddler in the Affairs of Wizards
    What does the Healer's Carry-All carry? I feel like this should be obvious, but I guess I don't do that much healing.
    Anor veteran on Landroval: Ardith and Wensleydale
    Learning to raid on Landroval https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...League-Kinship

I wondering what this flowing turtle stone is... do every character get one? Or is it like the current one where it's account bound until used.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxmaiden14 View Post
    I wondering what this flowing turtle stone is... do every character get one? Or is it like the current one where it's account bound until used.
    I came here to ask this. What are these two items? If the tortoise one is an exp disabler, I would not want it on my main - the character I will open the box on. Is it account shareable?

• Scaled Flowing Silver Stone of the Tortoise
    • Scaled Flowing Silver Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Foxmaiden14 View Post

Thank you! But extra tokens, just up through Gondor?

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie_Me View Post
    Thank you! But extra tokens, just up through Gondor?
    Better than nothing I guess? Maybe they will release one for after level 100 someday?

A petty question, perhaps. But when will the typo be fixed?

Check out my LOTRO videos on Youtube at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRX...jPUNAiwtrJ_eiw

Quote Originally Posted by Neinda View Post
    Better than nothing I guess? Maybe they will release one for after level 100 someday?
    The Gundabad Fateful Toolkit is the post-100 item.

But yea, maybe we'll see another one release with the next lvl cap area. They seem to be popular.

Discount for VIP?

The price shows the same if Im logged into the site or not. I thought there was a discount for VIP?

Quote Originally Posted by Faudyen View Post
    The price shows the same if Im logged into the site or not. I thought there was a discount for VIP?
    I think you'll see it during checkout.
    The discount was provided for me after logging in and right before finalizing the purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by asimon View Post
    I think you'll see it during checkout.
    The discount was provided for me after logging in and right before finalizing the purchase.
    Thank you

Wink

Judging by the name of that item: "Caras Celebren Mural Alcove" It is likely a big paint over a wall in elven style inspired on that named location. Though the word alcove strike my as curious... maybe the surface is round & you can see it around you like those Michael Angelo murals, what increase a 3D illusion! Never mind, im dreaming too much about housing lastly... but if somebody will pull that extreme victorian fancyness, surely will be the elfs!!!
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Sep 26 2022 at 02:44 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast