We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Healer's Carry-All needs a change!

It's nice to dump all the various cure potions and variety of hobbit-gift potions as well as overflow healing and power potions into a carry all to save space.

However, they're not useable without being removed from the carry all.

So for the potions I'm not going to dump to the vendor it's actually not saving me any space at all, since I need to have them out of the Carry-all in case I need them.

Please change that! It's virtually useless as-is. :\

EDIT: FYI the Ultimate Edition does give you a selection box to pick which Carry-all you want. I advise folks to pick something other than the Healer's or just save the selection box until they fix this oversight.
    Last edited by Moondog548; Sep 22 2022 at 09:30 AM.
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    Message moondog548 here, on Steam, Twitch, and Discord as moondog548#6830
    Moondog on Landroval, Isilroa on Anor, Reckless on Bombadil

It's a Marketing item. It's a Marketing no no to actually know the product they are marketing. You'd have to be in "sales" to have the least of idea.

But perhaps it's to pack and unpack during a big lag spikes to keep you busy, then drag onto a shortcut bar.

I would have offered a selection box to pick any large carry-all you want with expansions.
    This is plain stupid to force a specific bag on us on purchase.
    Like that large DYE carry-all from Gundabad's Ultimate Edition....

Players with the VIP "town services" perk can access their shared storage vault in an instance or way away from any bank vault. Perhaps it is to encourage becoming a paying VIP?
    Linden Starfall, Leader of Mithril Crowns of Elendilmir and Arkenstone

I don't imagine there is anyone at SSG in the know who gets to pass an eye over what marketing comes up with. They could only slap their heads and let out a "D'Oh". Sev seems rather deferential for an EP too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    I would have offered a selection box to pick any large carry-all you want with expansions.
    This is plain stupid to force a specific bag on us on purchase.
    Like that large DYE carry-all from Gundabad's Ultimate Edition....
    the expansion details on the link below states . . . .

"
    • Ultimate Carry-all Selection Box (includes Large Healer's Carry-all)"

I'd presume "selection box" means there is more than one type of carry-all that could be chosen, but that the Healers Carry-all is an option.

https://www.lotro.com/news/lotro-bef...-shadow-faq-en

Personally, I have no interest in a carry-all for potions. Need those on a toolbar slot/Palantir. I wish they would take on board what players have been asking for/suggesting when they design these things. I've seen mention of rep item carry-alls, now they, would be worth buying.

@ any blue name. Is there more than one type of carry all in this carry all selection box? It may be a good idea to let players know what's in there.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    the expansion details on the link below states . . . .

"
    • Ultimate Carry-all Selection Box (includes Large Healer's Carry-all)"

I'd presume "selection box" means there is more than one type of carry-all that could be chosen, but that the Healers Carry-all is an option.

https://www.lotro.com/news/lotro-bef...-shadow-faq-en

Personally, I have no interest in a carry-all for potions. Need those on a toolbar slot/Palantir. I wish they would take on board what players have been asking for/suggesting when they design these things. I've seen mention of rep item carry-alls, now they, would be worth buying.

@ any blue name. Is there more than one type of carry all in this carry all selection box? It may be a good idea to let players know what's in there.
    I can confirm that the selection-box has a choice of 7 different Large carry-alls. The "Key Features" text on the website is misleading.

I wish that the Ultimate Edition came with a carry-all selection box and not that stupid Dye Carry-all.
    That was the reason for my comment. I wish they'd let us exchange it for something else since we were all forced to take it.

I wish that the Ultimate Edition came with a carry-all selection box and not that stupid Dye Carry-all.
    That was the reason for my comment. I wish they'd let us exchange it for something else since we were all forced to take it.
    Wait, are you talking about Ultimate Gundabad or Ultimate Before the Shadow?

Ultimate Gundabad had the dye carry-all.

Ultimate Before the Shadow has a selection box from which you can choose from among 7 different large carry-alls.

I'd put off choosing a medium and large from those given away recently. The hope was that they'd include any new variety that came along. They don't.

Sad prospect is that a lot of time and effort will be made by others to get some modicum of usable functionality for an item that really didn't need to be made. Better to just give an npc a Carry-all exchange mechanism so we don't keep being let down. A Relic master perhaps.

Is there no one with a voice AND some sense to say NO.

Edited my OP for a little more clarity.

But the problem remains that the Healer's Carry-all has little to no use.
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!

Quote Originally Posted by Moondog548 View Post
    It's nice to dump all the various cure potions and variety of hobbit-gift potions as well as overflow healing and power potions into a carry all to save space.

So for the potions I'm not going to dump to the vendor it's actually not saving me any space at all, since I need to have them out of the Carry-all in case I need them.

Please change that! It's virtually useless as-is. :\

EDIT: FYI the Ultimate Edition does give you a selection box to pick which Carry-all you want. I advise folks to pick something other than the Healer's or just save the selection box until they fix this oversight.
    I put my potions on a toolbar button; are the pots still unusable from there (if in the carryall)?

Quote Originally Posted by Bothketbog View Post
    I put my potions on a toolbar button; are the pots still unusable from there (if in the carryall)?
    Yea, that's what my kinnies are reporting. Pots are unusable if they are in the carry all. I don't know if this is an oversight since I haven't seen any blue names say that - what if it works like the Dyes carry-all? You have to take the dyes out to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bothketbog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    Yea, that's what my kinnies are reporting. Pots are unusable if they are in the carry all. I don't know if this is an oversight since I haven't seen any blue names say that - what if it works like the Dyes carry-all? You have to take the dyes out to use them.
    That's correct.

Here's hoping they change it to work like the crafting and task carry-alls where you CAN use those items from the c-a.

Quote Originally Posted by egarthur View Post
    Wait, are you talking about Ultimate Gundabad or Ultimate Before the Shadow?

Ultimate Gundabad had the dye carry-all.

Ultimate Before the Shadow has a selection box from which you can choose from among 7 different large carry-alls.

Indeed I was talking about Gundabad.
    Spent money on the Ultimate Edition to support the game and had to take the L and accept that I was forced to take a dye bag.
    It could have been a selection box and I could have picked a crafting carry-all and would have been happy with it but no, I got a dye carry-all that I didn't even want.

These carry-all bags just make me think they saw ESO's crafting bag and tried to make it more marketable. The crafting bag and dye bags are pretty nice. But it would have been much better to make them extra banks that you get from the expansions and then buy space for off the market. THen you could access them from the VIP thing, and woulnd't have to use a normal bag slot, AND it would be accessible from all characters.

Indeed I was talking about Gundabad.
    Spent money on the Ultimate Edition to support the game and had to take the L and accept that I was forced to take a dye bag.
    It could have been a selection box and I could have picked a crafting carry-all and would have been happy with it but no, I got a dye carry-all that I didn't even want.
    Yeah. I have that, and it is saving me maybe a dozen Shared Storage slots currently.

It's something, just not a ton.

The Healer's doesn't even have that utility, nor the utility I could imagine for folks who like to collect furniture or instruments.

It needs a change or I need a do-over. :\

Yeah. I have that, and it is saving me maybe a dozen Shared Storage slots currently.

It's something, just not a ton.

The Healer's doesn't even have that utility, nor the utility I could imagine for folks who like to collect furniture or instruments.

It needs a change or I need a do-over. :\

It's saving me around a dozen storage slots as well but I would rather it be a crafting carry-all so I could be saving 30+ more storage slots.
    (it's holding the dyes I got from the anniversary scavenger hunt)

It's saving me around a dozen storage slots as well but I would rather it be a crafting carry-all so I could be saving 30+ more storage slots.
    (it's holding the dyes I got from the anniversary scavenger hunt)
    Sooth.

Echoweaver is offline Meddler in the Affairs of Wizards
    I love my dye carry-all and would have purchased one if I could have. I can now put all my dyes in the carry-all and put the carry-all in shared storage to make it easily accessible to all my toons.

I only want one, though, so I hope that's the only time it's a fixed item rather than a selection box.
    Anor veteran on Landroval: Ardith and Wensleydale
    Learning to raid on Landroval https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...League-Kinship

Quote Originally Posted by Echoweaver View Post
    I love my dye carry-all and would have purchased one if I could have. I can now put all my dyes in the carry-all and put the carry-all in shared storage to make it easily accessible to all my toons.

I only want one, though, so I hope that's the only time it's a fixed item rather than a selection box.
    There are others that share the same sentiment as you do. Forcing us to take the dye bag was a not a good idea.
    If we had the choice to either keep the dye bag or exchange it for what other carry-all we want then I would pick a crafting carry-all in a heartbeat.

Folks still need to be WARNED about this before they claim it from their pre-order.

It would be great to have an official response/clarification for the issue as well.

Have people been sufficiently warned off of selecting the new carry-all?

Surprised not to have heard any sort of address about this.

Have people been sufficiently warned off of selecting the new carry-all?

Surprised not to have heard any sort of address about this.
    I know it's mixing metaphors, but it seems to me it's a few untouchables in their "Ivory Tower" at odds with all others in their own particular "Bubbles".

This is an Ivory Tower item, end of story?

This is how all carry-alls work and its working as intended, you cannot use items from the Carry-all, its just for storage in your inventory, have to take it out to use, however it would be nice if this wasn't the case but thats how they basically work.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast