We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cosemtic Request - Hobbit Pants

I like to run hobbits and I have many fancy shirts and jackets, but there is not one set of pants that look good with them if you do not wear boots
    The hobbit NPC's all have these nice 3/4 pants that don't make hobbit feet look like two pigs choking as the regular pants do

There are full outfits that work.....but I need pants Man!

After what self respecting (non stoor) hobbit wears boots? (unless they have stepped on one too many bog slugs)
    “Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.”? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

agreed, I suggested something similar years ago "hobbit cuffs" So for pants, none of them have any 'flare' they are all tight so they do not clip with boots, so my thought was a pair of boots, that were basically invisible that woudl show only the cuffs.
    But that presents a problem when you want hobbit length pants.
    So " Hobbit-feet boots " was my additional thought. Imagine that your item called a hobbit cuff, was actually a shin leg and that goes down to the foot, foot remians exposed, the 'shin' part is same tone as players flesh, the cuff is set to take on the colour scheme of the pants being worn. The cuff part coudl be designed in a few methods the 'short, mid legth or high look, split mid lengt. etc..
    I even drew a sketch of the idea years back. alas there was no 'takers' on the idea.
    Its possible no one understood the idea what I meant but I presented it several times.
    on the player model, pants most likely will remain "skinny jeans" but if we had "hobbit-shin" boot items, the length coudl appear to be adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppa_Joel View Post
    agreed, I suggested something similar years ago "hobbit cuffs" So for pants, none of them have any 'flare' they are all tight so they do not clip with boots, so my thought was a pair of boots, that were basically invisible that woudl show only the cuffs.
    But that presents a problem when you want hobbit length pants.
    So " Hobbit-feet boots " was my additional thought. Imagine that your item called a hobbit cuff, was actually a shin leg and that goes down to the foot, foot remians exposed, the 'shin' part is same tone as players flesh, the cuff is set to take on the colour scheme of the pants being worn. The cuff part coudl be designed in a few methods the 'short, mid legth or high look, split mid lengt. etc..
    I even drew a sketch of the idea years back. alas there was no 'takers' on the idea.
    Its possible no one understood the idea what I meant but I presented it several times.
    on the player model, pants most likely will remain "skinny jeans" but if we had "hobbit-shin" boot items, the length coudl appear to be adjusted.
    That's more work than simply putting an alpha channel on an existing pants model. The pair in the OPs screenie would work as is, unless it's baked onto the NPC.

not if you are wanting cuffs.
    Yes it "sounds" more complicated, however when you have no actual pant leg model, but skinny jeans, due to clipping with boots, This is a good choice for implementing it.
    I am pretty sure the lotro legs, the shin to foot, is pretty much its own entity in a sense, so changing the shin/foot via a boot like option, is ultimately better, and the reason why is that way, any pair of normal pants becomes unique with the "boot" hobbit-shin idea.
    Those default starter pants, with various shin-boot replacements makes more visual options. want the pink 'hotpants' as cut offs? used a shin-cuff pair of boots, rather than building a new set of slightly different pants, you create a pait of shin-boots that show only the cuff, and the skin tone.

Wink

At my place, we call that kind of pants: "brinca charcos" (puddle stompers). That indeed sound like how a hobbit will call them! A cosmetic hobbit feet invisible item that turn any regular pant into that lengh, that is called puddle stomper will be cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagron View Post
    I like to run hobbits and I have many fancy shirts and jackets, but there is not one set of pants that look good with them if you do not wear boots
    The hobbit NPC's all have these nice 3/4 pants that don't make hobbit feet look like two pigs choking as the regular pants do...

There are full outfits that work.....but I need pants Man!

After what self respecting (non stoor) hobbit wears boots? (unless they have stepped on one too many bog slugs)
    Bilbo weared boots but he wasn't very respected by his shire people. Anyways, this tread inspired me to create a Holbit (primitive hobbit) costume outfit combo. Found some tunic that reseamble what you ask for without much effort!