We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

DEV REQUEST: Staff Strike and Staff Sweep utilize tactical mastery instead of physical

Good evening,

I love both Staff strike and staff sweep and playing my LM in the thick of it, unfortunately the damage isn't much since it scales with physical mastery. If it was Tactical mastery the LM would be rewarded for getting into melee range. They are great abilities thematically, please make this change!!

Thank you.

Being the nerds of LOTRO a weak physical attack is in character for LMs. We use books more than iron.
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…

The 2 staff skills work OK for the stun and 2 buffs (+crit and +fire dmg) but it really should combine to be just 1 AOE skill. Perhaps with a lower timer as it is a setup skill and not a damage skill.

Are you sure? I recall a patch note from a year or two ago saying they were changing it from physical to tactical, but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    Are you sure? I recall a patch note from a year or two ago saying they were changing it from physical to tactical, but I can't seem to find it at the moment.
    Damage is improved on both staff skills by increasing your tactical mastery. Albeit, they are small increases.

It was changed to tactical during one of the larger LM updates we had this year, but it was never put in the patch notes; quite a few LM changes this year went completely under the radar.
    Mydiel 140 LM
    Uulanel 140 GRD

Quote Originally Posted by cbfan14 View Post
    It was changed to tactical during one of the larger LM updates we had this year, but it was never put in the patch notes; quite a few LM changes this year went completely under the radar.

Well thats good thank you, the damage is just pitiful, doesn't seem much higher, sweep is 4500-5800 and staff strike is 4100-5300, meanwhile wizards fire has no cooldown, hits 3 targets and does 6000-7300(this is all at level 87 on my red spec LM). It really is only worth using them for the buffs, maybe I just like melee too much

Overall coming back to my Red LM after the update has been wild, along with the LI rework. The red damage seems worthy of coming into a group just as damage, almost every one of my abilities one shots most mobs. I even spec'd into the cracked earth damage and tracery, and that pretty much 1 shots a group of mobs around your level.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    Being the nerds of LOTRO a weak physical attack is in character for LMs. We use books more than iron.
    I have to agree with that but, (always a but) the buffs/debuffs should be more in line with a master of those book studies.

Agreed, and scaling over levels, but possibly each with a hard cap.
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…

Yeah it would just be fun for me personally to weave in sweeps and strikes, makes the gameplay of an LM much less of spamming inductions. (obviously as red spec you should always be sweeping before fire spells and staff striking at least once a minute).

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    Agreed, and scaling over levels, but possibly each with a hard cap.
    ./adds to I-wanna list