We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Yondershire Quickpost: Feedback

Why do we have THREE quest failers? Waste my time in more effective ways than clumping the quest failers on bridges and before towns. There's no need to have Bounders, Lotho's thugs, and Nosey Hobbits!

I know someone is going to popoff and claim that it's too easy and they did it the first time without failing, there's always someone. And yes, I've done the Shire Quickpost so many times since '07 that I can basically zone out and do them all without failing once... same with the pie running. I just think it's rude to have 3 different failers for one quest, and they are all crammed together instead of in strategic areas. I liked the first time I did Longcleeve to Nobottle, they were randomly placed, and one bounder came out of nowhere (literally) and I had to start over. That was clever placement. Plopping three of them at the bridge in Nobottle is just... lazy.

Be more clever with placing the failers around the map and I won't be so annoyed with the routes, I just feel like you folks didn't really try... I know clumping them together makes them easy to avoid, but I want the surprise of that Longcleeve route...

Why are the Bounders involved with stalling the quick post? I get the nosey hobbits and the thugs... I just think three is too many.

--

General Quickpost thoughts...

After having doing both the Quickpost and the pie run on my new Hobbit champ, I thought about the story-aspect of it.

The nosey hobbits make you fail your run, but... what happens to the mail? Do they keep it? Do they deliever themselves? I think a better way to handle this to make it more logical would be to have them stall you for a few seconds. Shaving out like 5 seconds on your run.
    As for the other ways you fail it, critters attacking you too much, accidental swimming... I've RP-reasoned that you don't loose your mail bag, you just returned to town and are getting treated for bug bites, sprained ankles, whatever. Or in the case of accidental swimming you have to wait for the mail to dry out.

Now on to Holly's Pie Debacle. It's never made sense to me why we are returning the pies to Holly. What is she doing with them? Eating them? Sending them to Lobelia and Lotho as pranks? Fetilizer? Hogslop? Why not just tell the pie-hobbits to dispose of them? A better way of doing this would have been to make it basically another mail run. We're brining fresh new pies to the hobbits and telling them to toss out the old ones. What we have now is basically a reverse-quickpost lol.
    Last edited by Foxmaiden14; Sep 27 2022 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxmaiden14 View Post
    Now on to Holly's Pie Debacle. It's never made sense to me why we are returning the pies to Holly. What is she doing with them?
    She composts them.

The Shire's farms need a quality fertilizer.

It is more difficult than the Shire Quickpost, but I thought it was an appropriate increase in difficulty, proportional to the higher level. Some of the Yondershire Quickpost quests you can just run across country directly to the objective and meet very few if any fail-ers. The hardest is between Nobottle and Long Cleeve- as you mentioned- but just make the trip west of the road. You can use rocks to jump the river, and climb up the hill to completely avoid all spying-eyes and still be going more or less directly between the two towns. In Long Cleeve there's even a little ridge that comes down just inside the gate. Much easier!

Quote Originally Posted by Milliebobbie View Post
    She composts them.

The Shire's farms need a quality fertilizer.
    Her reputation is at stake, she's not going to trust a zero rep n00b without the evidence.

Else the next step would be "Bring me the head of..." for anyone spreading doubts in her pies. But did any of us check what was actually in the replacement pies, an illicit pipe-weed trade and us, unsuspecting drug mules? The "Hungry Hobbits" nothing less than junkies by the looks of them and interested in the "Post" for the same reason for a hit rather than the mother load in a pie.

I may have gone off track...

/stubsoutaFuzzy

Quote Originally Posted by Foxmaiden14 View Post

Now on to Holly's Pie Debacle. It's never made sense to me why we are returning the pies to Holly. What is she doing with them? Eating them? Sending them to Lobelia and Lotho as pranks? Fetilizer? Hogslop? Why not just tell the pie-hobbits to dispose of them? A better way of doing this would have been to make it basically another mail run. We're brining fresh new pies to the hobbits and telling them to toss out the old ones. What we have now is basically a reverse-quickpost lol.
    It always seemed to me nonsensical too. But it's a kind of funny nonsense hobbits are apt to sometimes. It's anachronistic like the Northcottons Farm (which is more like farm themed attraction for city-dwelling folk then an actual farm) and reflects purely modern concept to return unfit goods instead of simply throwing them away (or feeding to the pigs more likely). But the Shire itself is anachronistic in the original (a Victorian countryside compared to a Dark Age wilderness around) so I don't see any harm in it. Like I said it's fun (even if some/many would disagree :P).

It is also I believe was designed to be different from the Mail runs which required to run around the Shire involving instead running to the single hub.

As for the Yondershire I liked the challenge so to speak, but I agree that the design could be improved.