We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SSG and Value Downscaling--it's time!

Yesterday I saw a level cap character with 1M morale.

That is ridiculous. Seriously.

Isn't it (well past) time for SSG to incorporate a game wide reduction of numerical values? Given how poorly this game runs, I'm shocked it hasn't been done already--especially given how left unchecked, number calculations can cause any number of bugs.

If a max level character has 1M morale, I shudder to think what some raid bosses have. Jesus.

C'mon SSG...you can't say you are doing everything to fix the game performance if you are ignoring a very obvious issue.

1M morale? Dang, at that rate, Jagger Jack might eventually be doable with a fellowship instead of a raid. It’ll still be hard with the Blackwold around.

What's crazy to me is how fast things have bloated. My LM had about 100k morale when I hit level 120, and got up to maybe 150k after gearing up. Now at level 140 I have just over a million morale. On a LM. And I'm not stacking vitality. I do have a fair number of vit essences, but many others too.

Whohaz_Duhrang is offline Father Of Dwarves Within The Evernight...
    Uhhh Plenty Of Tanks Have Over 1 Mil Health lol Are You Green To The Game Or Something? Get Off The Forums xD

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfoot_A View Post

Isn't it (well past) time for SSG to incorporate a game wide reduction of numerical values? Given how poorly this game runs, I'm shocked it hasn't been done already--especially given how left unchecked, number calculations can cause any number of bugs.

If a max level character has 1M morale, I shudder to think what some raid bosses have. Jesus.

C'mon SSG...you can't say you are doing everything to fix the game performance if you are ignoring a very obvious issue.
    A side boss in Remmorchant, which is level 130 has 95 million morale. Shelob has 475 million morale.

My hunter has 600K morale, and she isn't even geared.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

Quote Originally Posted by HolySolution78 View Post
    Uhhh Plenty Of Tanks Have Over 1 Mil Health lol Are You Green To The Game Or Something? Get Off The Forums xD
    Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    A side boss in Remmorchant, which is level 130 has 95 million morale. Shelob has 475 million morale.
    475M? That is...insane.

Honestly, I'm not surprised this game runs so poorly.

YES!!

We don't necessarily need a level squish, but a stat squish (and honestly complete rebalancing across enemies/gear/consumables/buffs/etc has been desperately needed for years.

The power curve has been a wonky high wire act ever since Moria, and they rebalanced it all a few times in the following years.

But ever since Mordor it's been a sick joke. It was clear that klepto-front Daybreak executives mandated stats get completely blown out every content update so that loot box keys, virt/rep/craft/deed/etc boosters, and LI scrolls could be sold on the store to the super-dedicated endgame grinders and gamblers.
    Last edited by Moondog548; Sep 28 2022 at 04:35 PM.
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    Message moondog548 here, on Steam, Twitch, and Discord as moondog548#6830
    Moondog on Landroval, Isilroa on Anor, Reckless on Bombadil

Ya, not a fan of Diabo numbers myself,

Certain point my brain does not calculate the numbers. End game LotrO is basiclly that.

I have 8k morale and get hit for 1200, I go ya. I can take a few more.

With 800k, I get hit for 63,737... my brain stop working..

Doesnt help trying play this from couch on a 32inch UHD 4k.. so numbers are mostly jibberish.
    Capcom Stalker...
    English is not my 1st Language... So shhhh!

What are you, 8?
    Bothering Goblins since 2007

11. Sep 29 2022, 05:18 AM

IMHO one option will be follow the TESO way. To make different sets from different instances with different traits. That will influence dps/heal/tank stats.

But basic stats should be unchanged and independent from the leveling.

So appear necessity to farm old content.

Quote Originally Posted by Moondog548 View Post
    YES!!

We don't necessarily need a level squish, but a stat squish (and honestly complete rebalancing across enemies/gear/consumables/buffs/etc has been desperately needed for years.

The power curve has been a wonky high wire act ever since Moria, and they rebalanced it all a few times in the following years.

But ever since Mordor it's been a sick joke. It was clear that klepto-front Daybreak executives mandated stats get completely blown out every content update so that loot box keys, virt/rep/craft/deed/etc boosters, and LI scrolls could be sold on the store to the super-dedicated endgame grinders and gamblers.
    Something needs to be done.

You can just look across the aisle at SSG's contemporaries, WoW and FFXIV--both of whom put time and money in keeping their game optimized. WoW has done a downscaling on more than one occasion (even before they did a level squish) and FFXIV did one with their most recent expansion. Both games have level caps below 100. LOTRO has a current level cap of 140! It's insane that they haven't done the work to keep the game optimized. But here we are...

Nah it's fine. we aren't anywhere near number values that would cause performance issues. It's still also very understandable numbers. There are way more pressing issues than this.

Moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by LixiaSaran View Post
    Nah it's fine. we aren't anywhere near number values that would cause performance issues. It's still also very understandable numbers. There are way more pressing issues than this.

Moving on.

Given the state of the game, all avenues should be addressed.

I'm not saying sacrifice x to do z. I'm saying do x, y and z.

Understandable numbers? According to what metric??

To simply disregard work that other (more successful) developers deem crucial to performance is extremely short sighted. This game has had enough of that mindset.

Actually, geared people doing endgame content are way over it. Its expected for everyone to have more than 1M morale, while tanks should have more than 2M. After getting all buffs. So its even worse.

No, no it's not. Big numbers aren't scary, stop it.
    Dwarves must fight for dwarves!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrezia View Post
    No, no it's not. Big numbers aren't scary, stop it.
    Ignorance is bliss, apparently.

Am deep at end game.

Most characters will have 160,000+ of there main stat.

Some characters will have 200,000+ of vitality.

Most characters have over 1,100,000 critical rating.

Most characters have over 1,000,000 moral when in raid.

Tanks can be 1,600,000 - 2,500,000 million depending on tank and situation.

Damage dealing classes will do anywhere from 250,000 to 450,000 thousand a second damage throughout the entire fights span (depends on fight, adds, debuffs, how clean it goes...)

The highest damaging skills will do anywhere from 1,000,000 to 3,000,000 depending on situation.

The end game raid, HH, the final boss, at tier 5, has 2,000,000,000 health.

Yes. The numbers are beyond silly.
    Level 140: Burg, Captain, Guard, Brawler, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Champ, Warden, Rune-Keeper, Beorning

[SSG...you can't say you are doing everything to fix the game performance]

They say this? I don't think so

Ignorance is bliss, apparently.
    It's just numbers and they are irrelevant anyway, it's just a bar from 1% to 100%, is my bar going down too fast compared to the mob. I've played the game for 15+ years and nothing has changed, it's the same simple question who is left standing at the end of the fight, me or the mob
    Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy)

I think it would be great if they do this - assuming we can clear content approximately the same as now. However, I also feel it won’t be the end of the world if they don’t.

Yesterday ? You just start the game or what ?
    There are tanks with 2.5 mil hp, nothing new.
    SSG should focus on lag and class balance than scaling and downgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by Once_of_Bree View Post
    It's just numbers and they are irrelevant anyway...
    But that's just it, it's not just numbers...and how they affect the game's performance is very relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by PIZDQK View Post
    SSG should focus on lag and class balance than scaling and downgrading...
    You're assuming the poor game performance has nothing to do with the lack of value downscaling--you would be wrong.

475M? That is...insane.

Honestly, I'm not surprised this game runs so poorly.
    Are you kidding, or do you actually believe numerical stat values have impact on game performance?

You're assuming the poor game performance has nothing to do with the lack of value downscaling--you would be wrong.
    I am curious. Can you tell me more about the technical details why this (i.e. larger numbers in the millions compared to thousands) affects performance?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast