We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Where do we go from here?

Hi guys
    Having lived with the recent update for a period, I’m happy with where the mini is on landscape and probably will continue to play him on landscape but I do need to decide where to I’m going to play my healing character.

Beorning - good raid level healing mechanics with tough heavy armour which helps survival. However I’m not a T5 high end raider so this may not be the best choice for fellowship/instance healing.

RK - good fellowship HOT healing but given that I’ve played my mini since 2005 then HOT v Burst healing is a bit alien to me I rarely play raids these days but still enjoy playing instances/fellowships with kin members so this would seem the optimal way to go however I worry that with 3 viable trait lines for the RK that SSG may decide to cull the blue line for the Rk and I really don’t want to waste effort developing a new healer just for it’s viability to be removed again.

PLEASE don’t answer this with patronising “stick with your mini - it’ll be all right in the end” I’ve tried it, I don’t like it, and I’m moving on.
    This is a genuine request to the minstrel community as to where they believe the way forward is.
    Note I have a L140 bear and a L 122 RK but neither of them are traited for healing so I will have some work to do to be able to provide a viable healer for my kin.
    Any advice would be much appreciated

In Throne Raid i played often my RK als Healer or DD. Depends on what the Bossfights needs more.
    The Hot Healing and the Incoming healing Buffs are nice.
    With the forcetauts the Aggro is often keept by the Tank fast.
    You have to keep the Hot up and spread it to the Fellowship/Raid.

Comunicate with the Tank. Check if you bring up your HOTs prefight, or if you should wait.
    Prepare to get Aggro if you roaming Add Groups, as your Hot are often still up.

I had much fun with the Beo and even played him as Healer in Landscape to get a faster and better feeling for the behavior and ragemangement.
    He is very Strong. The Healing is good. But you have to be near the Tank.
    As you have strong AOE Healing the players learn (most) to stay also near of you.
    This is the greatest benefit. The last Raids support this behavior too.

With my Mini i was often forced to be mobile, as the Class with the Bow stays generaly to far away. Same with the RK.
    The strong Beo heals get disrupted, if you move.
    So you have to chose, who will needs the heal most. Focus on the Tank and the Squishies (other Healer and LM) near to you.

I would stay with the Beo.
    It can Solve and Survive more Errors, done by you, or done by others.
    I like the Debuffs and Buffs he can do in additon to the normal Healer Job.

Even as my RK is less played for a while, i think if the kill a Traittree, then it would (should) be one of the 2 Damagetrees.
    So you have a Healing and one Damagetree.
    Debuff Field and Selfhealing could then move in the Supporttree.

Thank you for your feedback.
    I genuinely love this game and have played my minstrel as my main since - way back when - but I can’t realign the new setup with either my capability or my concept of the game so I need to move on. Your input and advice is much appreciated and I thank you

No idea where to go from here.
    I have played a minnie for over 12 years, it's my main, and everything feels very clunky now and not intuitive at all.
    I haven't thrown in the towel yet, still trying to get a grasp on timing and such, but so far I feel super disappointed at the flow of the skills in raiding so far.
    I didn't think the minnie needed to be "fixed". Just minor tweaking would've have been fine.

Take a look: Explains why we said it was clunky and Barb said it wasn't.
    Last edited by DoRonRon; Oct 27 2022 at 11:21 PM.

Changed to a better Video ^^^

I'm still finding it hard to realign with the new set up as they've changed it entirely. Like starting a whole new character and I've played the mini for 12 years. I thought I'd give it a few months and see how it goes but I'm still hating it. My original main was a champion, but I went onto loving healing on mini instead.

I've always been a blue line pvp mini as healing is what I enjoyed doing and is why I picked the character in the first place. I think I will need to go back and change some traceries as the ones I have probably no longer apply which is very annoying as I have don't have the time nor the effort for pve. I have noticed in World chat, that they are now asking for RK healers for their T3 raids which is sad as the minis official role on the character panel is still listed as a healer, but the heals on it are no longer decent enough to get you into a T3 raid as they'd now rather have a healing RK. I feel it kind of makes the mini redundant now as there are plenty of other classes who already fill that dps role. Again I can't really comment on PVE as I pretty much PVP only.

Now it's been a few months, has anyone found a build that they're happy with on the mini?

Ty

Quote Originally Posted by Anuwin View Post
    I'm still finding it hard to realign with the new set up as they've changed it entirely. Like starting a whole new character and I've played the mini for 12 years. I thought I'd give it a few months and see how it goes but I'm still hating it. My original main was a champion, but I went onto loving healing on mini instead.

I've always been a blue line pvp mini as healing is what I enjoyed doing and is why I picked the character in the first place. I think I will need to go back and change some traceries as the ones I have probably no longer apply which is very annoying as I have don't have the time nor the effort for pve. I have noticed in World chat, that they are now asking for RK healers for their T3 raids which is sad as the minis official role on the character panel is still listed as a healer, but the heals on it are no longer decent enough to get you into a T3 raid as they'd now rather have a healing RK. I feel it kind of makes the mini redundant now as there are plenty of other classes who already fill that dps role. Again I can't really comment on PVE as I pretty much PVP only.

Now it's been a few months, has anyone found a build that they're happy with on the mini?

Ty

Yes. I did, at least.

The build that makes me happy now is having someone else play the mini and I play another class.
    Or stopped playing the game altogether, after OnnMacMahal decided to fundamentally change a class that has been around for 12 years or so because he didn't enjoy the way it played (and players that did enjoy for 12 years were obviously wrong, because he is God and if God doesn't enjoy something, then mortals have no say in it)

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Flame View Post
    Yes. I did, at least.

The build that makes me happy now is having someone else play the mini and I play another class.
    Or stopped playing the game altogether, after OnnMacMahal decided to fundamentally change a class that has been around for 12 years or so because he didn't enjoy the way it played (and players that did enjoy for 12 years were obviously wrong, because he is God and if God doesn't enjoy something, then mortals have no say in it)
    I'm sorry to hear that. I see many minis now roaming in red, even in landscape combat, you don't stay in combat long enough to use the anthems, so I just feel they're a total waste of time and effort. I don't understand why they felt the need to change the class entirely after years of it being a main healing class. There was still a choice to dps regardless. The mind boggles.

My hope is they get around to fixing the mini in a year or two or whenever. Currently I am taking my time and not putting much effort into any class until the great era of change is mostly complete. After recent updates I ruled out my low level LM. LM seems to be disliked by the dev team so no purpose in leveling one of those. I am waiting to see what they do to the RK, Beorning and Cappy. If those also get nerfed, maybe I will just go the hunter route if I am still in game. Hunters shoot pointy sticks at the bad guys so there is only so much they can remove from the hunter. It would be difficult to take away the bow and arrows is my guess so the hunter is probably a safe class to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Neinda View Post
    My hope is they get around to fixing the mini in a year or two or whenever. Currently I am taking my time and not putting much effort into any class until the great era of change is mostly complete. After recent updates I ruled out my low level LM. LM seems to be disliked by the dev team so no purpose in leveling one of those. I am waiting to see what they do to the RK, Beorning and Cappy. If those also get nerfed, maybe I will just go the hunter route if I am still in game. Hunters shoot pointy sticks at the bad guys so there is only so much they can remove from the hunter. It would be difficult to take away the bow and arrows is my guess so the hunter is probably a safe class to play.
    I think I will be long gone by then I only have the mini to play and don't have the time or effort to make a new char which the devs can just change entirely on a whim, which you will then need to respec.

I can't stand playing Mini these days. Ramp up phase: Balad-Anthem - CotC- Anthem, wait a lot, Balad-Anthem, wait a lot, Balad-Anthem CotC-Anthem..wait a lot, Balad-Anthem.
    Now, spam 3 Athems off CD every 20ish seconds, or go back to the Ramp up phase.
    Every time you get of of combat, you get to do it again! Hoorray! "More engaing gameplay" according to some Dev.

It's awful.

Again: this comes from a player that mained a Warden for a few years. A player that plays Elementalists on GW2 (they make Wardens look a beginer's class, it's as if you're playing a piano instead of pressing keys).
    I am no stranger to multiple keys per second.

The issue isn't just what the Mini has become but also what it used to be and what now is. That's a key component of the problem here. For OnnMacMahal, since he didn't play Mini for 12 years or so, he doesn't feel the change to the blue Mini playstyle that he forced down our throats.
    But for long time players, the change is substancial. A deal-breaker.

But SSG has done this over the years: changing the game for the worse, losing money over it. Case in point: Big Battles, Removal of endgame instances, Trait tree implementation, etc...
    They never budge. Not even an inch.