We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Free Questing Coupon! Available now through October 31st

Reposting this here in "LOTRO General Discussion & Feedback" because it's already been pushed down from the top in "Announcements" so some people might not see it there:

Free Questing Coupon – Thank You from Standing Stone Games!
    https://forums.lotro.com/forums/show...ng-Stone-Games!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Free Questing Coupon – Thank You from Standing Stone Games!

Get caught up in time for the upcoming Before the Shadow Expansion with a special coupon Code that will let you acquire many currently-available quest packs permanently on your account(s)! However, you will need to act quickly, as this Coupon Code is only available to redeem through October 31st, 2022.

Read more on LOTRO.com!
    The code is:
    FREEQUESTS2022

edit: The following three expansion quest packs are on sale for only 99 LOTRO Points through October 31st as well:
    Mordor
    War of Three Peaks
    Minas Morgul
    Last edited by Tralfazz; Sep 29 2022 at 11:08 AM. Reason: added the expansion quest pack sales

Credit where credit is due.
    This is another nice move by SSG. Gladden at least has been getting a good influx of new & returning players - the general mood in World Chat is very cheerful!

Also includes The Angle of Mitheithel?

I keep a F2P account just for purposes of finding out exactly how things like this work since the way they are applied to F2P accounts is often different than the way they apply to VIP accounts or accounts which have had a lot of purchases applied to them such as my main account.

Although I cannot be 100% certain, it appears that The Angle of Mitheithel is also included in the FREEQUESTS2022 coupon giveaway, even though it is not among the quest packs listed at the link.

Or perhaps SSG is simply treating The Angle of Mitheithel as part of the Trollshaws now and it is no longer a separate quest pack.

It is not 100% impossible that my F2P test account had The Angle of Mitheithel applied to it for some other reason, but I have made no LOTRO Point or Web Market purchases on that account which could be responsible for it.

I can confirm that the FREEQUESTS2022 coupon code does not include The Further Adventures of Elladan and Elorhir. It's not listed at the link but I thought it might have been included (as I suspect The Angle of Mitheithel is included) since it is the only non-expansion quest pack not included in the combination of a basic F2P account plus this coupon code.

edit: D'oh! The Angle of Mitheithel isn't the name of the quest pack, it's only the name of the zone. The name of the associated quest pack is "Rangers and Ruins" and that is listed at the link.
    Last edited by Tralfazz; Sep 29 2022 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    Credit where credit is due.
    This is another nice move by SSG. Gladden at least has been getting a good influx of new & returning players - the general mood in World Chat is very cheerful!
    Can confirm the same for Evernight. And the Reddit sub is getting tons of posts from new and returning players.
    These free/ reduced questpacs are a nice gesture to welcome new (and old) players.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadil View Post
    Can confirm the same for Evernight.
    From what I've witnessed just in the last two weeks on Evernight, there is a lot of hostility to new players asking why the game is performing so badly.

Not a good look coming from the "veteran" community.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfoot_A View Post
    From what I've witnessed just in the last two weeks on Evernight, there is a lot of hostility to new players asking why the game is performing so badly.

Probably because it's the signal for another 30 min of dredging through "ZOMG lag sewage" that leads nowhere.

Thank you SSG for this nice bit of generosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfoot_A View Post

Not new players per se but the whole lag topic, we all know how what topics will come up

• It's not lag, it's your PC
    • My PC & connection is awesome, why is performance so bad
    • Server location US vs EU
    • How do I see my FPS
    • How do I see the network status
    • Plus all the juvenile language around these topics and lag in general

It's tiresome. Yes the game performance is shocking, yes SSG should be ashamed, but world chat won't solve it
    Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy)

Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack
    Just confirming are any of these quest packs not already available with VIP?
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    No, all of those are part of your VIP subscription. Remember, though, that as a current VIP subscriber you are "renting" that content. If you want to "own" that content, uses the coupon code; your account will then maintain access to it even if your account status later drops down to Premium.

And yes, a current VIP subscriber can use the coupon code.

2 quickies

1. Werent these already given out free a bit ago?
    2. If not, how would one redeem, what do you open to add in code?

Every quest pack is available as VIP, so if you currently sub you gain nothing. I guess it would still be worth using the code so you can maintain access to these packs in the event that you unsub...

Quote Originally Posted by theCow View Post
    2 quickies

1. Werent these already given out free a bit ago?
    2. If not, how would one redeem, what do you open to add in code?
    1. Yes, there were free quest pack coupon codes in 2020 and 2021. However, the specific content of those were different than the specific content of FREEQUESTS2022. If you redeemed the code from 2021, you will still want to redeem FREEQUESTS2022 in order to receive those quest packs released since then. That would include, at least, Yondershire and possibly others – I would have to compare the release date of the 2021 coupon code and the release date of the other quest packs to be sure about the others, any released after the 2021 coupon code would not have been included in that coupon code. FREEQUESTS2022 includes all non-expansion quest packs except for The Further Adventures of Elladan and Elorhir.
    2. Log into the game. Invoke the in-game store interface, either from the character creation/selection screen or after logging a character into the game world. Near the upper right of the store window, click on REDEEM CODE.

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    Yes, with VIP they are available.

However, I would recommend applying them to your account anyways.... if you ever are in the situation you cannot afford VIP for a few months, you will at least have all the content available to you.

This code includes the Angle and Yondershire, so that is great! Also great for secondary freebie accounts you might have.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Love it when they do this. Like, I never need to worry about it with a lifetime sub, but I like when they encourage new players like this to bring them into the game.

Honestly I feel at some point they're just going to start offering all the questpacks free and rely more on expansion packs, cosmetic items and supporter packs for money and I encourage that.

Not remembering what I've got and what I don't (cause, old) I redeemed the coupon.
    I got Yondershire. Just Yondershire. It appears I'm not so old I'll miss a good deal when it happens...

edit: went ingame to redeem it on other account (got Yondershire and Angle-whatsis) only to find out I was
    locked out of 2 of my houses! Thanks SSG! Apparently I'm old enough to miss paying the rent when I'm
    not playing the char that gets notified!
    Last edited by Flaxie; Sep 29 2022 at 09:52 PM.