We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question in-game music played by Minstrel Trainers

Is there a way to isolate and find the file that is played by the Minstrel Trainers? It's quite soothing and I would love to be able to play it on loop as background.
    "....as for me and my house, we shall serve the LORD!"

Would you mind providing the location of said minstrel trainer? Coz a lot of them aren't playing anything.. so I'd love to help out, I just don't know where these NPCs you're thinking of are.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    Would you mind providing the location of said minstrel trainer? Coz a lot of them aren't playing anything.. so I'd love to help out, I just don't know where these NPCs you're thinking of are.
    I know one is Thalchyl who is right at the beginning of the elf story line after you come out of the initial instance you get from Dawlyn (sp?) and the other is the trainer in Celondim.

Ok, I can tell you the name of the sound file is lute_elf_02 but I can't extract that sound for you. I know people use apps to unpack lotro DAT files.. hopefully someone can help you get it.

Thank you! I'll work on it. Someone, somewhere at sometime has had to at least attempted it.

Ok, I can tell you the name of the sound file is lute_elf_02 but I can't extract that sound for you. I know people use apps to unpack lotro DAT files.. hopefully someone can help you get it.
    Must be a server side file. I can't find it in the LOTRO files on my computer

bit late to the party, but i saw your post and remembered something...

if you google "how to record pc audio with audacity" first results should help you; it's a few steps but pretty easy to follow.
    Audacity is a free program, too, since it's open-source.

you can turn down all the audio (music, combat sounds etc) in lotro and get just what you want, press "record" and then "export" the audio as an mp3
    (i do that and then usually edit the audio afterwards just with the basic windows movie maker)

i've done this a couple times to get music tracks from Lotro that i couldn't find on youtube.

already posted before, if you saw my post....anyway, i was playing lotro tonight and i LOVE the whole soundtrack, and your post made me curious to see what song you meant, so i made a new elf character just to check it out.

and i already have audacity, so i followed my own (prior) posts suggestion LOL, and recorded Thalchyl's song.
    hope you don't find this overstepping, i just like lotro and its music

i made a youtube video of a loop of the song, few minutes long - hopefully this is what you meant!
    title on youtube is "Thalchyl, Minstrel Trainer - Lotro Elf Intro "Lute Elf 2" (Loop) Music Soundtrack ", if the link doesn't work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrR4l8yPTl0