We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: request

request

When you are mounted and enter a building, you get dismounted. Please make it so, that when you enter a building, your pets/companions (whatever you want to call them) get dismissed too (and not being able to call them inside either).

For example: when I am in a crafting building, I find it horribly annoying when I see all those pets/companions roaming around inside...
    Lifetimer

Until your suggestion is implemented by the developers, you can go into your options panel and disable the display of other people's cosmetic pets. The visibility of combat companions will not be affected by that toggle.

I will note that this has been suggested before, at least as far back as 2014, and by people who used a thread title more likely to get attention instead of being ignored as click-bait. Based on replies to those earlier threads, I don't believe that the majority of players would like to see this as default behavior. Combat companions are essentially part of the summoning character, I don't see how those could be hidden or automatically dismissed without cutting the capabilities of the characters of those players.

The cosmetic pet visibility toggle option works, hopefully it will cut down on the clutter enough to satisfy you.

Quote Originally Posted by Loriandra1979 View Post
    When you are mounted and enter a building, you get dismounted.
    It used to be like that, same with being dismounted when you talked to a quest giver. People didn't like it and we got this instead and I too hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post
    Combat companions are essentially part of the summoning character, I don't see how those could be hidden or automatically dismissed without cutting the capabilities of the characters of those players.
    Since we're talking about the crafting halls, auction houses, banks etc.... I don't see how removing a COMBAT companion is going to lessen the characters ability to do the things one does in those types of places.

When you are mounted and enter a building, you get dismounted. Please make it so, that when you enter a building, your pets/companions (whatever you want to call them) get dismissed too (and not being able to call them inside either).

For example: when I am in a crafting building, I find it horribly annoying when I see all those pets/companions roaming around inside...
    You can already choose to make the pets invisible on your client side without disrupt other players game play.

and by people who used a thread title more likely to get attention instead of being ignored as click-bait.
    How is a simple title like this one clickbait? Does not make sense to me....
    Lifetimer

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    You can already choose to make the pets invisible on your client side without disrupt other players game play.
    Having your pet trot along behind you is hardly gameplay...
    Lifetimer

If pets could stable (suspend) their pet food timers when not in use I would agree to this.

Thumbs down

Having your pet trot along behind you is hardly gameplay...
    Each player have on its mind a different idea of what is role playing. You can't come up telling to people that only your game play is valid while theirs is not.

Because.

Click here to find out.

Don't let them get to you Loriandra. It's funny how some players here can espouse LOTRO community. Yet they can't just answer the simple request with a simple response.

If it were me, and I bet a lot of other people, I would just say there's an option to hide the pets. Obviously finding an old post about the request is going to be a challenge. And no need to criticize someone for a simple thread title. Who cares anyway? Your post was for the devs, that's what this subforum is for.
    Many fail, Such Kludges, So LOTRO

Because.

Click here to find out.
    You are definitely the troll here, mate, not me.... My topic title was short and simple, and in no way clickbait....
    Lifetimer

You are definitely the troll here, mate, not me.... My topic title was short and simple, and in no way clickbait....
    If you think that a one-word thread title which is a synonym for the forum name and gives absolutely no hint as to the actual thread topic is a good thread title; well, OK then.

If you think my rick-roll was trolling rather than an attempt at a bit of levity given how this thread is going otherwise; well, OK then.

I provided you with an already-available solution to your in-game problem and a bit of history related to similar "requests" made in the past. You might want to consult a therapist if the mild criticism of your thread title which I included in that first reply triggered you to the extent that you have hijacked your own thread and attracted my stalker to come to your defense.

The cosmetic pet visibility toggle option works, hopefully it will cut down on the clutter enough to satisfy you.
    I'm talking about LM pets
    Lifetimer

LM pets, I agree with. They should be “dismounted” for lack of a better word, the bear and bog lurker do get in the way at times.

I like seeing the cosmetic pets though. They’re nice to look at and aren’t that big.

LM pets definitely need to stay outside though.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

To be fair though, I thought you meant both LM and cosmetic pets.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post
    To be fair though, I thought you meant both LM and cosmetic pets.
    I thought differently too. Between the one-word title and the vague suggestion, I was going to wait for more information. I thought the argument was made against captain heralds. I was going to say that it is pretty bothersome to use shield-brother on your pet already every time he disappears. To tell someone that they can't use their heralds inside buildings - and in extension any of the associated abilities - would be pretty rough. I can't imagine the developers going through every building and labeling them as pet or no-pet zones. The only reason you can turn cosmetic pets invisible is because they don't hold target identifiers. It is the same reason why you see so many hobbits in Yondershire but can't click on any of them.