We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

LOTRO Code Giveaways!

Starting Tuesday, October 4th, through the end of the month, I will be giving away up to 3 The Lord of the Rings Online codes per stream! Check the image for everything included!
    Normal stream days and times and must be present to win!
    Follow on twitch.tv/bludborn

All streams typically start at 10pm EDT.

Currently, the dates would be:
    Tuesday 4th
    Tuesday 11th
    Thursday 13th
    Saturday 15th
    Tuesday 18th
    Thursday 20th
    Saturday 22nd
    Tuesday 25th
    Thursday 27th
    Saturday 29th

I may do one or two on TikTok/Twitter, but all the days would stay the same. The gap between the 4th and 11th is from me being out at TwitchCon.
    Last edited by Bludborn; Oct 11 2022 at 09:28 PM.
    BLUDBORN
    Twitch Partner and Content Creator

Good luck!
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Is there any chance SSG will let individuals purchase codes for giveaways to friends?

I would also like to ask about the codes. They sound like something you would enter into in-game LOTRO store. If that's the case, how does one obtain these giveaway codes? I'm only asking because many people have asked about gifting LOTRO, with many replies that it's not possible. This sounds like there's a way for content creators. Any hints would be appreciated.
    Many fail, Such Kludges, So LOTRO

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    As far as I understand it, codes are given away to some individuals who have been instrumental in putting Lotro in the spotlight on platforms like steam, Youtube, etc.... Bludborn is one of those individuals. I watch his streams with some regularity, and he always draws a crowd. I think that if you are in a similar situation as Bludborn, and stream Lotro a lot, and as such is promoting the game in many ways..... you may ask for some give-away codes, and they may or may not grant it.

They are, however, not going to give away codes to every streamer with 2 viewers and every youtuber with 50 subscribers.....or give away codes as gifts for kinships, etc.

I would like to see the return of gifting though: In the past, I have BOUGHT several $6.99 codes from the Lotro store in order to use them as give-aways in our kin, as well as use them to support the kinship leader in buying a Premium kinship house. Cordovan promised that when they took away the codes (allegedly because of gold spammers) that they would look into a gift solution, but so far that has not come to fruition. And considering the work load they are under, I do not think we'll be able to give people christmas prezzies of the new expansion in 2022.......

More than anything, I want an easy way to support the kinship leader in purchasing a premium kinship house. He/she should not have to burden the cost themselves, and at this point we have to get a little klutzy with Paypal, which is not something everyone has or can use (internationally). So it would be good for Cordovan to confirm whether a gifting option is still being looked at, or whether gift codes for certain things will ever make a come back in some way.....
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Excellent, so content creation has perks. Thanks for clearing that up maartena.
    Many fail, Such Kludges, So LOTRO

Quote Originally Posted by Neinda View Post
    Is there any chance SSG will let individuals purchase codes for giveaways to friends?
    Just to clarify, the company that does the PR the work for Daybreak are the folks that reached out to me for this opportunity. I also wish we could see the return of the gifting solution. I too have purchased codes to support the community as well as others.
    BLUDBORN
    Twitch Partner and Content Creator