We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Fix for getting disconnected from the world chat server and lost game progress

You may be experiencing the following:

- Getting disconnected from world chat, possibly followed by connection re-established.
    - Lost game progress. You'll be playing the game and suddenly get sent back to an earlier position and progress.

These are issues associated with VPN use. Not all VPN endpoints are the same. Some may have been abused. Many will end up on a spam/abuse blocklist. Now the easiest solution is use a different endpoint, but which one? It looks like the blocklists are shared between the forums and game. So use these forums as a canary. You don't need to sign-in, just make sure you can see them. If the forums are loading then you'll have fewer issues in-game. If they don't load you know your in-game experience will suffer.

Since I've started doing this I've not lost any game progress, and I almost never get disconnected from world chat.
    Many fail, Such Kludges, So LOTRO

We aren't escaping these issues by not using a VPN.

The only difference from what you describe is that progress stops when the connection between client and server ends and in-game position is determined by the server given the last inputs it received. So, no rollback as such; if you are including such things as mob kill counts and rewards going missing on returning. Such would be a whole lot more worrying. Are you describing some re-establishing of connection in a similar way to the chat server that I never see?

If I get zero activity on the game SSD I'm hitting End Task not sitting there like a lemon til a blue button appears some minutes later. When the server vaguely remembers your client was playing, the point where it resolves where your character ended up.