We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can you upgrade the free Collector's Edition expansions received during the Anniversary Festival?

Pretty self-explanatory. I just want to know if it's possible to upgrade my Collector's Edition Minas Morgul, Mordor, and 3 Peaks expansions even though I didn't pay for them. I'm aware that you can't upgrade expansions pre-3 Peaks, but I just want to know. It would be preferable to get a blue name answer for this, but if you know as a player that's fine. I just don't want the thread getting clogged with needless speculation. If you can't say something useful, there's not much point posting it, after all
    Hirenthas/Deminwen on Crickhollow

Not possible. We’ve been told that there are back-office technical reasons that the older expansions can’t be upgraded as Gundabad (and now Before the Shadow) can. Here’s a thread with more detail:
    https://forums.lotro.com/forums/show...nsion-Upgrades

As that thread suggests, you might keep your eyes peeled for holiday sales. I’ve seen some expansions as much as 75% off in such sales. I upgraded my base Minas Morgul to Ultimate that way last year, but it wasn’t really an upgrade – I paid full price, not the difference in price between the two – but the sale was so good it was even better than an “upgrade” would have been.

I read a thread some time ago (which I just looked for but couldn’t find) where a player claimed he sent in a ticket and requested an upgrade and was sent a link which allowed him to pay the difference between his existing base edition of Minas Morgul and the Ultimate Edition. There’s no way to know if that was truthful, however.

Okay, thanks! I'll try sending a ticket but if it goes on sale, I'll be ready!
    Hirenthas/Deminwen on Crickhollow