We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

State of the Lesser Giant Eagle companion

As a leveling LM, I'm probably in a tiny minority, but I finally have enough points to spec over to the lesser giant eagle on blue side (after getting nearly everything in the red spec). How does the eagle stack up? Seems to do less damage than the lynx as a red spec lm, the revive is neat, it seems to have lost its ability to give you another stack of burning embers. Thematically I really want to use it, but it seems like I'd be better off running the raven the time I dont need to use my bear to tank. Any thoughts? I'll probably sit down and crunch the numbers on them later since I cant seem to find any hard info.

At level 105, it does give 3240 in combat power regen, which is a lot, not that my LM has any power issues.
    Last edited by lolreflect; Oct 07 2022 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolreflect View Post
    As a leveling LM, I'm probably in a tiny minority, but I finally have enough points to spec over to the lesser giant eagle on blue side (after getting nearly everything in the red spec). How does the eagle stack up? Seems to do less damage than the lynx as a red spec lm, the revive is neat, it seems to have lost its ability to give you another stack of burning embers. Thematically I really want to use it, but it seems like I'd be better off running the raven the time I dont need to use my bear to tank. Any thoughts? I'll probably sit down and crunch the numbers on them later since I cant seem to find any hard info.
    In yellow and red tree it's good for revive, fear, and nobility.
    Beak Rend is a 3 target damage skill but only returns eagle's moral from a single target and long reset.
    Nobility is handy for the fellows/self within eagle buff range
    Fear and sacrifice are self explanatory.

In blue tree the eagle give a +5% crit, also triggers -7.5% tactical damage fellow buff, a self coordination buff (no induction), and a self critical coordination buff (100% chance to crit) if you spec high enough in the tree.
    Plus the same as noted above.

When in blue tree I do use the eagle when the situation dictates. But I can say the same thing about every other pet. Tanky, debuffs, masteries, heals, AOE .. depends what I can make best use of.