We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What are you really doing that long? (Re: Patchnotes 33.2.2)

https://forums.lotro.com/forums/show...-Release-Notes

You can't mean that this is all that happens during a downtime that long ... Could you please tell us a bit more about why it is so long?
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    You may have missed the word "maintenance".

If you do not know what "maintenance" means when it comes to servers, server clusters, networks, datacenters, etc...... talk to a friend who works in IT to get a general idea what they do during server maintenance.

In short: A lot of tech stuff ranging from OS updates, reboots, switch patches/reboots, hypervisor patches/reboots, clean up tasks such as scripts that clean up temp files, etc, etc, etc..... there is a hundred more things they could do during maintenance, and most of it has to do with the physical servers, the operating systems they run, the networks they are connected to, and the hypervisor they may run on...... and NOT with any changes to the game. The patch portion of today's outage probably was done within an hour.

They have said in recent streams they had plans to start addressing lag, one piece at a time, and to put one of those pieces in place, a large maintenance window might be exactly what is required for it.

In any case, the servers are back up, so happy Harvestmath!
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gildoriel View Post
    Could you please tell us a bit more about why it is so long?
    Not adding new items for festival for sure ....

istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    Someone else said there were 6 new items although not the ones he or she wanted the most. Maybe you missed them?

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    Quote Originally Posted by istvana View Post
    Someone else said there were 6 new items although not the ones he or she wanted the most. Maybe you missed them?
    Yeah. Three pets, which are basically different colors of old pets..... and three cats, two on cushion, one sleeping on the floor, which are literally existing rewards that can be gotten in game, only they gave the cats a different fur.

They didn't do anything for the festival in 2021 and we got the 2020 version.
    And they cheapskated us in 2022 with re-painted old items.

There is SO MUCH creativity they can do with harvestmath...... a Halloween styled boar mount for instance, carrying pumpkins on the back. It's about time boar mounts start making it to festivals, now that virtually everyone got one anyways with all the free/cheap expansion stuff offered over the last year.

But nope. We got a sleeping cat taken right out of the Bree cat lady house. And the same sleeping cat on a cushion.

Whoop. Dee. Doo.

I really don't get upset about downtime, because there are dozens of other games in Steam I can play at a moments notice.
    I really don't get upset about people taking vacations and not posting the notes on time, that is just life.

But I do get annoyed at the insult that is the Harvestmath festival. I was looking forward to it after NO rewards in 2021. Now I am wondering if I should even bother......

I guess i'll stock up on tokens to trade later or top off my dye collection.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by istvana View Post
    3 pets and 3 sleeping cats
    Its smth but expected more.
    Mounts, cosmetics, emotes.

Quote Originally Posted by PIZDQK View Post
    Not adding new items for festival for sure ....
    Beat me to this comment. LOL.
    No new cosmetics but there were new pets and housing items, but I can't wear pets or housing items.