We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeshen View Post
    While I agree with you, Blue Captain is not EVEN viable and nothing is done....
    Every class have cosmetic spec.
    Yellow/blue hunt.
    Blue burg.
    Blue/yellow wrd
    Blue champ
    Red/blue bear.
    Red LM.
    Speaking of captains, and grp play, both red and yellow are best in slot. Blue is lacking but thats normal. Stil viable in some 3-6m run, pvmp, and even in some t2/3 HH raid runs. Depending of raid setup. Captain is the last class who need grp balancing / there are other classes which have one viable spec- we have 2/ All SSG need to do is to find a way to boost our dmg when solo play. Dmg is so low, that it push me away from the class / outside weekly raid log in.
    Il be happy to see blue line boosted, but lets not be greedy. We can wait because they need to fix other classes, like warden have one viable spec.
    Again SSG pls consider to make captain solo play more player friendly. I dont want to waste 1/3 of my life question (read is as solo missions etc etc etc)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasEstForte View Post
    I'm wondering if it's been considered a design flaw to tie so many trait points to subsequent regions in the first place.
    Either way, people have spent effort acquiring those trait points. Some have spent money (promo pts purchase/loc questpack/expansion purchases/vip purchase for legendary server access). And with this patch ALL of that effort paid becomes pointless, and nonlvlcap gameplay becomes wrecked (as if it isnt enough ruin on it already).
    Last edited by l6rp24e57; Oct 27 2022 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodaca View Post
    Please fix the Audio bugs in the German Audio in the Shadows of Angmar Hobbit Tutorial. From some point the audio spoilering you, because Bounder Boffin tells you about the spiders, before there the dark rider came. And some more of this issues. Also I need to mention, that this is an issue already for years and I reported it a couple of time via the bug reports. If you now have a look into the Tutorials, then please have a look here as well.
    Thank you!
    That's still an issue in Beta 2. Or is it planned to rework the existing Tutorials?

Quote Originally Posted by lRichMaN View Post
    Is this forever or will it reopen in the future?
    It will undergo some renovations with an intent to re-open at some point in the distant future.

Any chance we could get some clarity on the Bear essence Cardolan Essence of Unremitting Wrath? It says Upon being hit, gain 5 Wrath; however I just stood in a puddle for 10 seconds and didn't get any procs despite the combat logs saying "The Fire-tongue Salamander scored a hit with Burning Oil on Bombus for 7,041 Fire damage to Morale."

So is it on being "hit", on being "attacked", on being hit/attacked by physical/tactical single-targeted/aoe-targeted basic/special skills? Is the hit/attack affected by BPE.

Any clarification to the tool tip would be great!

I don't know if this is how the essence actually works, but verbiage could be:
    "Upon taking non-effect based moral damage gain 5 Wrath"

Have to say it was very nostalgic to see the good old OC/EC built back again and look forward to some good old bridge battles again in and out of both camps.

Don't like the 10 min shared cooldown on the maps.

The Grams map added amongst these is ludicrous.

Grams map needs to be returned to original and the others on their sliding scales as before. Keep your +45 run boost.
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

Quote Originally Posted by TearMaker View Post
    Have to say it was very nostalgic to see the good old OC/EC built back again and look forward to some good old bridge battles again in and out of both camps.

Don't like the 10 min shared cooldown on the maps.

The Grams map added amongst these is ludicrous.

Grams map needs to be returned to original and the others on their sliding scales as before. Keep your +45 run boost.
    The 10 min cooldown on Gramsfoot will be restored to 1m.

The remaining cooldown will stay to support less "pile-in" happening across the Ettenmoors.

LM changes

Lore-Master
    Why make the class worse? Bad changes.
    1. Eagle. Eagle throughout the existence of the game was available in any LM's line. Why was it necessary to remove it into the set-bonus of the blue line, which is generally useless now? Leave it as it was, available to take in any line. For solo play and pvmp in the red line, raiding in the yellow line can sometimes come in handy. If you want to make a good change to the eagle - give him the combat res of any comrade in the pack / raid and yourself.
    2. Wizard's Frost. Added another useless skill. The LM has a large number of skills without it. The heal from the flank is negligible, as is the damage. Frost debuffs spawn nicely from wind lore. Wizard's frost can be dropped from the panel
    3. Wizard's Fire. Make this skill tied to the red line - next fail. Leave it available in every line as it was! In the red line, you can add damage over time, that's all. In the yellow line, this is the fastest skill that does not deal damage over time, which will put a fire debuff from Fire/Frost-Lore.

If you want to change the class, listen to the players, what they advise. For example, the mechanics of a 4-stage DOT of burning embers pillbox is not good, compared to what used to be possible to hang up to three burning embers pillboxes and upgrade them to tier 2. Reduce the number of burning embers upgrades to 2-3 and increase the number of these pillboxes to 2-3.

A lot of good advice has already been written by the players above.
    Last edited by EyzinTaL; Oct 27 2022 at 09:50 PM.

Delvings?

completed missions with the zircon but have zero idea whether I completed a harder mission and the rewards obviously haven't been updated as received nothing out of theordinary.

If I have done something wrong after playing since 2008 then lord help anyone new.
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Trainer of the Rabbits
    Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheSquids View Post

Lore-master:
    • 'Eagle-friend' is now earned by specializing in the 'Keeper of Animals' trait tree.

• 'Wizard's Fire' has been split into two skills: Wizard's Frost and Wizard's Fire.
    • 'Wizard's Frost'
      - A brand new Lore-master character will now begin with Wizard's Frost instead of Wizard's Fire.
      - Wizard's Frost deals small damage and can consume a pet's 'Flanked' effect for a small heal. This is essentially the effect that Wizard's Fire had prior to this.
    • 'Wizard's Fire'
      - Wizard's Fire is now earned by specializing in the 'Master of Nature's Fury' trait tree.
      - Wizard's Fire now deals a small amount of damage over time in addition to its initial damage.
      - Wizard's Fire can now consume a 'Flanked' effect to restore power and grant you a short buff to your damage over time effects.
    • Updated effects for the Cardolan Essence of Nature and Knowledge.
    Can we have some response, why these changes are made to the LM?
    It would be great if we could have some thoughts from the developer who made these changes.

"Cardolan Essence of Nature".
    Sorry, but are you really serious? A group heel with an absolutely neglectable amount of healing on a random flanking effect in a skill we will not use in any serious groups or raids in yellow???
    In a raid or group: a pet will rarely flank as we change the pets often. Maybe you heard about that: it is called "pet rotation". You are creating now a skill effect which has a chance of 0.5-0.8% to trigger?
    As already said: there is absolutely no need for the frost buff. We can and will get that with 'Wind-Lore'. You are not adding a new skill for us, but removing our ability to change the effect of "Playing with Fire" and "Out of the Cold" quickly, as we could do that with 'Wizard's Fire'!

Please, if you don't play the class, just don't touch it and don't change it.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by CaerArianrhod View Post
    Please, if you don't play the class, just don't touch it and don't change it.
    Thank you.
    At this point, i would probably not ask questions of "why are you doing this" style, but rather "what are you going to destroy next". Unfortunately, someone among their high leadership appears to be caring of short-term money income exclusively. Not of players long-term satisfaction.

So we have seen warden-mains oppose the QS nerf last year october, yet it was implemented (caused a number of people who i knew warden main quit);

We have seen rep boosters removed from skirm camp which was opposed by literally everyone, still went to live;

We have seen golden traceries removed from SS/OD/BG droplist, opposed by everyone, still went to live;

We have seen black steel keys removed from earnable rewards, opposed by everyone, still went to live;

Can name more. But there is no point.

Now we see this patch coming up, with the change to LM you oppose, and with change to non-lvlcap trait points i highly refuse to accept.

Thats just as is. It will go to live. They dont listen to people who play their game, they listen to those who will bring them money in short time proximity. Take it as fact.
    Last edited by l6rp24e57; Oct 28 2022 at 04:04 AM.

Some PvMP Feedback

Just thought I'd weigh in with my impression on the PvMP changes. Since returning to the game I have been primarily playing creepside and mainly on Warg.

The Good
    Blessings. Love them.
    Return of old EC/OC. Great.
    Overall it seems like effort is being put into the changes to make the 'moors more fun.

The Bad
    Creep Map changes. I'm glad to hear that at least the Grams map is being reverted to a 1min cooldown, but I'm struggling to understand how the other changes as proposed are good. Since the beginning of time maps v horses has been debated, but a one sided nerf seems unfair and heavy handed when each has real advantages and disadvatages.

1. Ameranth put a good post in the Where do we go from here? thread outlining the advantages freeps have over creeps in both chasing down and fleeing from fights over land. The changes to March! are insufficient compensation for the loss of creep maps. Freeps are now faster across the map at all times save for a split second once every 10 minutes. This doesn't seem balanced to me. Freeps can easily break an entire group out of Mobilise!, whereas alot of creeps struggle to chase down and dismount a single freep.

2. More map in points are now useless. Few people used Good Isen (for example), but now the consolidated section of Good TA, Crude Grim and Poor Grim are pretty much redundant when they all share the same cooldown. Previously if one was on cooldown, creeps could use the other and still arrive back at a fight pretty quickly in this section of the map. In theory, creeps can currently map 4 times in a row with no cooldown (1xGrams, 1xGood, 1xPoor, 1xCrude). Going from this to one map in every 10 minutes is honestly mind-boggling to me. If a shared cooldown is going to happen, at least consider reducing to 5 minutes.

3. The Shadow Warg. Despite the recent buffs, I still think Warg, particularly Shadow Warg, is the most undertuned creep class and the changes to the maps impacts it more than any other. Some groups do not take Wargs, or have space for a very limited number of them. When they are used in groups/raids, their primary role is to pop around the map scouting. Losing maps makes this role impossible to perform. Further, buffing March! doesn't help Shadow Wargs as we will be scouting solo in stealth - and thus limited to the normal stealth run speed.

Questions
    With the Ettendeep/Delving of Frór being closed, are we losing the potential infamy bgain buffs or is the intent for these to be redistributed?
    Is there any purpose being added to the TA bridge control points?

Bug
    I'm sure its been mentioned, but the DoF is not closed. The entrances at the outposts are still usable.

Please listen to the LM Advice

Devs, please listen to the LM advice given to you in the forums. LM Eagle has always been available to us because its been easily accessed through the blue line. DO NOT MAKE IT A CAPSTONE SKILL PLEASE!!!

MANY LMs have talked about the other changes to LM, this being one of them. I agree with their views on the LM changes as well. PLEASE revise the LM changes for this update. I use the eagle quite a bit and WILL not go fully blue just for the eagle. As a Lore Master who raids, I am needed in yellow line and the eagle is a nice benefit to have so a rez isnt used on me (if the skill works properly).

Also as a side note with the class tree changes such as the yellow line change for mini...in future if LM is being reviewed for this type of change, please dont do this to LM on yellow or Red line. Make the blue line on LM a "utility"/buff line like yellow is now supporting mini's red and blue lines.
    Merlinous
    Lore Master of Gladden

Sorry if this has been asked before but i must have missed it. My level 140 minsteral is on 95 skill points and despite searching i can not find the quest(s) to give the missing 3 points. Will she now have 98 points and there will be no need to find the missing 3 points.

Delving Quartermasters

Do Delving Quartermasters only appear in Swanfleet and Cardolan, or do they also settle in Bree, Thorins Hall, Rivendell, Erebor, Annak-khurfu and Zihir-Nesad, and potentially since delvings also gonna include instances in other hubs. Galtrev, 21st Hall, Caras Galathorn, Esteldin, Tinnudir, Altburg, Helms Deep, Dol Amroth, Minas Tirith, Magh Ashtu, Hiltburg and Skarhald come to mind.

I see them a lot in the starter areas, while they are only suited for cap level, so those in Clegur and such are a bit redundant since no 140 will use them there. Isn't it better to lavel them to big hubs for usefulness, and so that starter villages remain simple for the eye.
    Last edited by Hierona; Oct 28 2022 at 04:37 AM.

I'm raising a concern about LM changes also. I was waiting for the beta #2 version to see if the original LM changes were revised, but the only change seems to be totally irrelevant to given suggestions and quite useless in itself.

There has been many good points about LM changes so not going to repeat them here. I'm just asking that could we have some conversation here to discuss about the changes and reasons behind them so we could find a common ground here? As it looks now, I fear that they were set in stone already with beta #1 and goes silently to in to U34 causing again grievance with LM's. There has been so many bad changes along the recent years with that class and I'd like to see some positive changes for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Forodir View Post
    I'm raising a concern about LM changes also. I was waiting for the beta #2 version to see if the original LM changes were revised, but the only change seems to be totally irrelevant to given suggestions and quite useless in itself.

There has been many good points about LM changes so not going to repeat them here. I'm just asking that could we have some conversation here to discuss about the changes and reasons behind them so we could find a common ground here? As it looks now, I fear that they were set in stone already with beta #1 and goes silently to in to U34 causing again grievance with LM's. There has been so many bad changes along the recent years with that class and I'd like to see some positive changes for a change.
    Good luck. I suspect the changes are set in stone and this is more of a preview than anything. You might try and find out if the changes are being discussed in a discord server and comment there instead. That is what happened with the mini changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrixzia View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before but i must have missed it. My level 140 minsteral is on 95 skill points and despite searching i can not find the quest(s) to give the missing 3 points. Will she now have 98 points and there will be no need to find the missing 3 points.
    Probably 2 from promotion points/big battle, and one fro Aragorn wedding.
    Or you can simply use

https://www.lotrointerface.com/downl...Checklist.html

Or simply wait for the update. Yes, your 3 missing points will be added

Quote Originally Posted by Atrixzia View Post
    Yes, at Level 140 all characters will have 98 Class Trait Points as soon as u34 goes live. Naturally, something might change between now and then but as of the last Bullroarer test and beta patch notes, that's the way it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hierona View Post
    Do Delving Quartermasters only appear in Swanfleet and Cardolan, or do they also settle in Bree, Thorins Hall, Rivendell, Erebor, Annak-khurfu and Zihir-Nesad, and potentially since delvings also gonna include instances in other hubs. Galtrev, 21st Hall, Caras Galathorn, Esteldin, Tinnudir, Altburg, Helms Deep, Dol Amroth, Minas Tirith, Magh Ashtu, Hiltburg and Skarhald come to mind.

I see them a lot in the starter areas, while they are only suited for cap level, so those in Clegur and such are a bit redundant since no 140 will use them there. Isn't it better to lavel them to big hubs for usefulness, and so that starter villages remain simple for the eye.
    Delving Quartermasters are currently only found near the Before the Shado mission givers.

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_Orion View Post
    The 10 min cooldown on Gramsfoot will be restored to 1m.

The remaining cooldown will stay to support less "pile-in" happening across the Ettenmoors.

So you are taking away the one fast way Creeps have to get around the map but leaving freeps with mounts, and no way for Creeps to match the mounted Freeps speed? If you are going to take away the Creeps one way to move around the map fast then at least remove mounts from the Moors.

Will there be any jewellery pieces added to the barterer as part of the delving system?

If not is there a reason why not? (just curious) If it is meant to be a gearing alternative to the raid system then jewellery is a significant component. It would also be beneficial to have lesser versions of BiS festival pieces for people who may not have been around during those festivals. I am generally not in favour of BiS gear as part of festivals, they should be part of the raid system, but it would be nice to have side-upgrade with other forms of content where the items aren't necessarily superior, just have alternative stats/socket layout or effect.

I tested the skirmish, the first two phases were fairly easy, the last one had a lot of mobs at the same time on the last phase, it wasn't an issue for my beorning but some less tanky characters might have struggled with it.

Are there any plans to upgrade the soldiers because the sub 100 heals I was getting from the herbalist weren't very useful. I like the skirmish system and was sad when ti was discontinued, ill omens and now this kind of bring it back from the dead, but the whole soldier system is still in rigor mortis and there isn't really anything on the vendors to use marks, etc on other than essence removal scrolls.

Is the voice acting using placeholder actors? The female character in the Mossward instance definitely sounds like it's a male actor trying to impersonate a female voice.

Geralt definitely needs a rename, and the voice actor for Eriene sounds like mud in the ears. It's like listening to Nona and Horn all over again; it really sounds like someone is trying to fake a Welsh accent instead of hiring voice actors who are actually Welsh.

The training dummy quest seems to have been fixed since Beta #1, which is fantastic.

I'm not really sure how I feel about the Stoorvales in general; Hobbits are neat, but from a lore perspective we have far too much interaction with them.

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_Orion View Post
    We're going to be looking at the gear and seeing how it is performing. It is possible that we will need to put the restriction back on. We wanted to put together a nearer term fix to allow this gear to be used in the normal game world. There may need to be some exceptions made.
    When "new" pvp gear came out moors had huge raid numbers. Everyone on all sides farming comms. Also, actual rank-farming took off like crazy. But there was a lot of people coming into moors all of a sudden.

Then the pvp gear got removed from use in pve side and a lot of people lost interest in moors in general.

If you introduce pvp gear into pve again, only to remove it yet again. Well, maybe it is not such a good idea to go back and forth so many times? Pretty annoying, I would say?

The audacity stats need to be looked at.
    PVP gear should not be BIS.
    The top tier should be just very good and also very good in moors because of the audacity on it.

But the process of adding / removing it, this is very strange. Please reconsider this line of thinking.
    To make people happy.
    In fact it would be excellent to have a decent set of gear for pvp AND pve that could come from PVP side and just leave it there, leave it be, as an idea.

Biggest problem that may happen is rank-farming by people that do not want to just "play nice" or "play games",

-these all business-like types should not risk deletion, but suspending them is so, soo sweet.

Class Trait Points have been moved off of quests and deeds, and are now granted directly by leveling up. You will start earning trait points at level 2. You will still have 98 total points at level 140, and will no longer be able to have more points than are usable.

Oh my gosh, now you can create new toons without keeping in mind this long grind of old content for trait points. With new li system it places the game in line with modern mmorpgs. Yay.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast