We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

U34 Preview 1 Feedback: Skirmish!

Let us know about your new Skirmish experience in this thread!
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Just on request for this. Please, please make Flesh Gorger's a more common Lieutenant appearance.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

"Everyone draws the moral line of what's acceptable just slightly below what they're actually doing."

"Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth. Ry'n ni yma o hyd."

Shal we see skirm soldier lvl increase anytime soon ?

Quote Originally Posted by PIZDQK View Post
    Shal we see skirm soldier lvl increase anytime soon ?
    When I asked the question a couple of weeks ago the answer was not in the plans. If someone can check and post here about skirmish rewards in general it would be appreciated. Are the skirmish rewards for old skirmishes still level 105 drops or have they been upgraded?

I generally enjoyed skirmishes in the past and really wish they'd been continued instead of being replaced by the completely un-fun big/epic battles. Unfortunately, there was never any point in doing skrimishes past lvl 100 or so. I suppose I can test the new one out on a lower level character but I doubt I'll bother on live as long as the rewards and soldier levels remain the same.
    Spam Egg Sausage And Spam of Gladden (formerly Silverlode)
    Brau Steinmeister dwarf guardian 140 | Theozor Viazald human captain 140 |Bindore Breakwind dwarf hunter 140

Crunchy Frogs of Brandywine
    Oxandrium dwarf champion 140 | Bufflekil stout-axe hunter 129 | Randagnofus Ridiculous human loremaster 123

The midway chest with rewards is nice. The tracery at the end can be handy. Did get 2*2 offhand/bows as rewards in duo. Wouldnt mind other drops if there are.

It's a lot of mobs spawning in duo. Same on duo and raid?

Had 2 chest midway on 140 duo. But only 1 chest in 20 raid. Where did the 2nd chest come from?

An update to Encounter rewards might be a good idea

Celembrimbor can be a bit squishy.

Like the Tier 3 extra reward bit.

A full-on replacement of Greater dextrous rewards (when expanded beyond) for skirmishes would get my vote.
    Last edited by squirle; Oct 20 2022 at 03:41 PM.

Skirmish is fine, I tested it at lvl 20. I don't know if we get to visit Caras Gelebren more than just in the skirmish but I like the idea, like tales of yore, so good job.
    EDIT: just a slight lore issue, we get cardolan coins as a reward, which lore-wise doesn't make much sense as Cardolan didn't exist back then.

It's fine. It's just... long. And it's a skirmish, so it inherently feels unrewarding to do. Skirmish Camps need more barter options and more relevant barter options.

Teir 1 tested on 98 Brawler Hobbit

The skimish is a little long but the fights are enjoyable. Defensive skirm aren't my favorite. First time I got lost as to where to go/ who to follow. Second try was much better and with Tier 1 solo seemed very easy on my brawler.

Overall the skirmish is fine like the end, like the tracery reward at the end, maybe add some updates to rewards to spend points on or something.

would like the defending npcs to have a little more health in higher tiers/larger group content, they can easily die to random aoe in t3 12man from what we tested.
    it's kinda annoying to easily clear the mobs but you fail because the npc died.
    for the rest it looks great, love the look of the place as well!

I personally really enjoy these sort of instances that allow us to go back and experience events that take place before the third age. It was very cool to see Celebrimbor (I like his design here a lot), and to be able to take part in this tragic event as it unfolds.

In general with defensive skirmishes I often tend to feel like I'm just waiting around for something to happen, and it's somewhat similar here. The city itself looks so nice, and is fairly spacious only for everything to happen at a couple of gates. I did get a couple of encounters, but I wish there were more of them to add to the sense of urgency at hand, and give us more of a reason to roam around the city. Maybe something a bit more than a single mob just sort of standing there waiting to be attacked as usual.

I can't remember what I got for the reward, but I only did the solo instance so I don't recall it being anything particularly useful.

I'd really like some way to be able to get a cosmetic version of Celebrimbor's shield he has in this instance, that would be a cool reward.