We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Anthems - how?

Anthems - how?

Played less in the last Month.

Had a look, how the Mini (c)/would work.
    Had to skill the tree and wanted to know what my Anthems do now.
    And how it would feel to play him again. In Special in Red whitout to many things that get lost, mainly my stuns...

"Anthems are powerful buffs that cannot be used until a Minstrel has 3 Ballad buffs active"
    Have 3 Ballads on but my Anthems are still greyed out.
    What do i wrong?

I stay in blue in the Housing Area - next to the Boxes :-)

Hey! First off, to use anthems now you need to be in combat. Secondly, I think all anthems now only require one or two ballads active, depending on the anthem. To get stuns working you need to be in the Melody stance, and of course the correct trait selected.

Note to SSG: This is what happens when you build a class and don't build progressive use of skills into the learning of the class especially now that class deeds won't even be necessary if they exist at all. IMO anthem use should have been built in such a way that people start using it early on and are comfortable and proficient in the use of the skills when they finally reach end game. With the current mini setup, anthems probably won't make the toolbars for many. They will be one of those skills that doesn't seem to serve a purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordriq View Post
    Hey! First off, to use anthems now you need to be in combat.
    Thanks, that is, i think the key.
    I stay at the House, as i wrote.
    I will go inside there is a Trainingsdummy, when i log in next time.

Looks like, no use of old LI, no Prebuffing, maybe Stanceswitching but in the past it takes to long.

Suggestion smal QOL change for mini: sometimes you use Cry of Chorus to cast anthem in combat, but when you click on anthem target already die and you can't use it. It's really annoying. Since Cry of Chorus have duration 10 seconds, what if devs change it, and if we cast Cry of Chorus in battle, we still can use next anthem until Cry of Chorus end his duration

If asking for small changes: how about a better distinction between the icons of Personal Anthem of Resonance, the fellow Anthem of Resonance and the concatenated Anthem of Resonance and Compassion. Currently the changes made when adding the second Anthem in the pair are too subtle for a default UI size. It's much easier in Dissonance because the differences combining War are far more obvious. And easier to see the personal getting out of sync with the fellow buffs.

You have to admit that the lack of any effort to update the wiki for the changes means the usual suspects can't be so keen to commit their grasp of mechanics as yet.

P.S. If you google "Personal Anthem of Resonance" the only link you get in 14 pages is one to the old Anthem of the Third Age - Resonance
    Last edited by DoRonRon; Jan 28 2023 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DoRonRon View Post
    If asking for small changes: how about a better distinction between the icons of Personal Anthem of Resonance, the fellow Anthem of Resonance and the concatenated Anthem of Resonance and Compassion. Currently the changes made when adding the second Anthem in the pair are too subtle for a default UI size. It's much easier in Dissonance because the differences combining War are far more obvious. And easier to see the personal getting out of sync with the fellow buffs.

You have to admit that the lack of any effort to update the wiki for the changes means the usual suspects can't be so keen to commit their grasp of mechanics as yet.

P.S. If you google "Personal Anthem of Resonance" the only link you get in 14 pages is one to the old Anthem of the Third Age - Resonance
    You can use plugin Mistrel Buff II if you have problems with default UI

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    You can use plugin Mistrel Buff II if you have problems with default UI
    I don't have a problem because I use buff bars and track all 12 varieties of anthem that my two builds can cast. It's you that likely has the issue. I just want to get help for the many more that don't load addons to play for them.

I've been following the very instructive Plugin Along series. The last before release, Episode 69: Minstrels 3.0 part 8, was looking at edge case bugs more than functionality. However in part 6 at 9m30s we get to see a list of the 10 Anthem Effect Names to employ in the addon. Onto 13m 40s we see the 7 base Anthem Names themselves also in the code. There is a nod to personal anthems with some of the German code and a passing mention of Personals in part 8. However moving further on to 1:07:50, some combat, we see when Resonance is applied the standard UI shows us two buffs together with identical icons. One the Personal and the other the contribution to the fellow. Only the fellow version is tracked in Minstrel Buff. As we follow up with the next priority anthem, Compassion, we see the very subtle icon change of one of those in the default UI. The untouched and critically unrefreshed personal, not changed. And more importantly it's elapse time untracked in the addon. Run it on to 1:08:50 and you can see the personal anthem disappear off the game UI, unseen. With only the three anthems available in the build it's back up again at 1:09:12. Late game Players with another 3 to manage not so lucky, maybe?

Perhaps not of concern when you are lower level and only have the 2 or three available. But at end game when you have more pressing concerns than clicking a popup every 25 second and more anthems to juggle it should be. With a host more buffs in the late game the pair in the UI gaining separation if their elapse times differ.

The main thing however is the single priority list choice for two very distinct states. The building process and the refreshing process. I get that for refreshing I will want to use Dissonance and Resonance because they refresh their paired anthem timers. Prowess and Composure will refresh each other but still have a situational advantage using one over another. Because War and Compassion do not refresh the timer on personal Dissonance and Resonance they aren't candidates for only second priority in the build phase. There's much to advocate their initial use: as 5% crit to self and 12% tact and 7% damage for range in the group; or -10% threat on the "pull", over personals that come into their own when all the buffs from all sources are in place.

Glibly using an addon is just obscuring the underlining mechanic, probably why the dev though the Mini was so boring so chucked a clog into the mix.

Google "Minstrels 3.0 part " to list the series on youtube. Part 5 had comments to explain it, just didn't get traction.

You can hover over the separate Resonance buffs in the game UI and recheck timers after a Compassion...

Sadly a ton of ignorant people in this thread. Since the red mini rework it does more single target damage than hunter if hunter does not have LM fire support.
    So in 3/6 mans mini often does better than hunter. Hunter aoe with set bonus is really strong but mini aoe is pretty good too.

Go look up some damage parses and T4 and T5 kills on youtube and you will see in a fully stacked group good Rmini is only a 5-8% percent behind hunter.