We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lotro not starting / Game Error [105]

Hi,

from one day to the next lotro not starting. What I mean is, that I start the launcher, and after the launcher is closed ... nothing happens (usually Lotro starts). Lotro is installed on Win11 with latest updates.
    So I reinstalled Lotro completely. Also reinstalled Visual C++ RTE. But nothing changed. I resetted the graphic options via the Launcher, and I received a game error 105. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi, Dark! This is a bad day to troubleshoot: As I write this, servers are down for a major patch and release of the new mini-expansion.

Once things come back up this afternoon, I suggest you start over and follow Hurin's latest video guide. Even if you think you've done a step already, start over from the beginning and follow every step:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSi8...8unARA&index=1

Once you have followed the video guide, the game should work for you! If not, come back here with as much detail as possible and someone here should be able to help get you into Middle-earth.

You can also take a look at this thread by Hurin:
    https://forums.lotro.com/forums/show...ION-WORKAROUND

Cant log in after Update 34

I'm also experiencing constant crashing right after I log in since the day before yesterday. Only managed to log once when the expansion went live. Then crashed in game when I tried to port with my warden skills. Haven't been able to log since. What is happening? Haven't seen SSG do or acknowledge something about it. Any fixes guys? It's happening to so many people. Wish they all posted on the forums about it and not FB and twitter.

Whohaz_Duhrang is offline Father Of Dwarves Within The Evernight...
    Yay, Many Of My Kindred Have Had The Same Issues., When Update Went Live A Few Of Us Couldn’t Get The Download To Continue Or Finish Without It Freezing., Then Upon Relaunching LOTRO Itd Just Crash Without It Beginning Or Resuming The Update.. Only After Redownloading The Game (repair / update) Would The Launcher Be Reset And The Update With It.

We Found That We Had Not The Space (ROM) To Even Make The Download, Though Still Without Warning Or Correct Pathing., It’d Attempt To Update And Therefore Would Lead Alas Again To The Same Issue Stated Above.., But After Realizing It Was A Storage Issue, All Were Able To Update Successfully.

Some Of Us Have Also Been Experiencing Crashes After We Select To Enter Middle-Earth (during the load screen), But After A Quick Relaunch And A Cleaning Of The Previous Connection, The Problem Seemed Solved., Though Still Note Worthy I Presume (many of these occurrences also happened at times the server wasn’t populated)

Hope This Could Help

Download failed at about file 165... now Lotro just closes without error msg. Need help!

I have not been able to complete the download. My download had started, and got to about file 165 of x (thousands of files, can't recall total...). Then it just froze and locked up. I closed frozen Lotro, rebooted, and have been trying to resume. Every time I attempt to log back in, I get this: "Check product", "Done". "Checking dat files", "Done". "Patch dat files", it displays a partial blue bar... then closes. No error msg... just closes. Does this every time.
    Anyone have a suggestion as to what I might do to troubleshoot?

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post
    Hi, Dark! This is a bad day to troubleshoot: As I write this, servers are down for a major patch and release of the new mini-expansion.

Once things come back up this afternoon, I suggest you start over and follow Hurin's latest video guide. Even if you think you've done a step already, start over from the beginning and follow every step:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSi8...8unARA&index=1

Once you have followed the video guide, the game should work for you! If not, come back here with as much detail as possible and someone here should be able to help get you into Middle-earth.

You can also take a look at this thread by Hurin:
    https://forums.lotro.com/forums/show...ION-WORKAROUND
    Thanks and sorry for the late reply, but I wasn't at home.
    I uninstall lotro and all Visual C++ redistr. on the pc before I follow each step in the video. After that ... I follow each step in the video. Finally ... it still not run

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Player View Post
    I have not been able to complete the download. My download had started, and got to about file 165 of x (thousands of files, can't recall total...). Then it just froze and locked up. I closed frozen Lotro, rebooted, and have been trying to resume. Every time I attempt to log back in, I get this: "Check product", "Done". "Checking dat files", "Done". "Patch dat files", it displays a partial blue bar... then closes. No error msg... just closes. Does this every time.
    Anyone have a suggestion as to what I might do to troubleshoot?
    I had this problem,running the game as administrator got it working for me.