We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: I give up

I give up

Been up all night trying to finish out the rewards track. Never got more than half-way before, but this time I thought I had a chance. Time is almost up, I keep dying because I'm too tired to react fast enough, and I'm not quite half through the 98th level. Not upset, I got that last 600 AS box, and the track is about the only way I get AS. Not going to miss the mount, I've had chances to pick up skeleton horses before and passed, think they're ugly. Would have liked to see what was in the one after it though. Have a nice morning all, I'm going to go fall in bed. I am too old for this s***. All-nighters do not agree with me anymore. :/

No saved up stacks of Heritage runes to instantly inject 30 ranks with the lowest denomination?

Perhaps you followed the flock to slaughter and removed those third agers from view and any concern. Ignore systems to your folly.

Quote Originally Posted by DoRonRon View Post
    No saved up stacks of Heritage runes to instantly inject 30 ranks with the lowest denomination?

Perhaps you followed the flock to slaughter and removed those third agers from view and any concern. Ignore systems to your folly.
    Well, you sure like to make assumptions about people you don't know. I did not ignore anything, I simply did not play like end game was all that mattered.
    Until I finally used the free valar SSG was kind enough to pass out to nearly everyone, I never had a char above 115. I don't like the higher levels much, and
    would just start a new alt to go through the fun areas again, but that doesn't give you any LI's. The ones who did have LI's went along at a relaxed pace, so
    they didn't build up a lot of runes.

Don't worry about it. I finished the first 2 tracks but only got up to level 31 on the third. Been puttering through Angle and Yondershire and working on some lower alts. I have enough blue XP pills stored up that I probably could've gotten it filled up, but I wasn't that impressed with the rewards. I'll see if season 4 is any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaxie View Post
    Been up all night trying to finish out the rewards track. Never got more than half-way before, but this time I thought I had a chance. Time is almost up, I keep dying because I'm too tired to react fast enough, and I'm not quite half through the 98th level. Not upset, I got that last 600 AS box, and the track is about the only way I get AS. Not going to miss the mount, I've had chances to pick up skeleton horses before and passed, think they're ugly. Would have liked to see what was in the one after it though. Have a nice morning all, I'm going to go fall in bed. I am too old for this s***. All-nighters do not agree with me anymore. :/
    Great effort and well done! I can ease your pain about the 101 and beyond boxes as they are near always 50 ancient script - we get a box to open and odds to get anything good are small, very very very small. Read something like 0.02 to get a Heraldry recipe so good move to sleep imo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flaxie View Post
    Next time: Buy a scroll. 100 or 200%, up to you.
    Find 2 other guys to do SH /sword hall/ tier to.
    Ppl farm it for a reason....
    Before that you may clear your quest log / and finish - but not return/as many missions as you can.
    So find 2 more ppl, join SH t2 on lvl clear all up to winged boss. When she come, one guy agro her and kite in circle while others leave instance / leave instance not fellow. when they are outside the guy who kite boss leave FELLOWSHIP, and sed X to leader for inv. Once he go invited back instance tool pop up, you all re enter. No need to start new, or to reset. Bosses are already reseted. Do first 2 quests, boss 2 spawn, the guy kite ... etc etc....
    when 5 min of the XP buff left, say bye, leave fellow, travel and return all missions quests. Vernozal 1st with teleport, then use stables to rest of the locations.
    This way you will max your reward tracker for no time

(dont use the scroll before you are sure grp is good and other 2 players are serious. Lots of time mo#o one leave just after you use scroll, so better ask them do they have time :P )

Good luck!

You might be amazed about how consistent progress over 3 months adds up. Doing tasks that are on or above your level will add up and you can always use a higher-level toon to farm task items for lower-level (reward track qualified) toons to turn in. I have a level 54 toon in Moria that earns decent Reward track progress doing a few daily repeatable quests and then gets task item to turn in as well.

It is difficult to play catchup at the end of the Reward track but doing a little each day will really add up over time.

Well, you kind of avoided what didn't suit you, the latter levels. Other's can give you platitudes if that's what you want?

Falling for a valar gift without perhaps the knowledge to best use it another sign. These are made to make victims of those who are ill-equipped to use them. Just look at the streamers who've fallen to them for their means to "advance".

You can park up that valar after one level and seek out all the mote sources up to that level and ease the passage of every alt you wish to play.

Quote Originally Posted by PIZDQK View Post
    Next time: Buy a scroll. 100 or 200%, up to you. . . .
    You sure these increase item xp as well as char xp?? I thought item xp was set by the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by DoRonRon View Post
    Well, you kind of avoided what didn't suit you, the latter levels. Other's can give you platitudes if that's what you want?

Falling for a valar gift without perhaps the knowledge to best use it another sign. These are made to make victims of those who are ill-equipped to use them. Just look at the streamers who've fallen to them for their means to "advance".

You can park up that valar after one level and seek out all the mote sources up to that level and ease the passage of every alt you wish to play.

There you go, assuming again. Did not "fall" for anything. Used my free Valars on chars who were almost up to the new lvl already, so gained no more than 10 levels.
    Did it mostly for the extras in the package, virtue points and armors (very nice gains there!).

Quote Originally Posted by PIZDQK View Post
    Next time: Buy a scroll. 100 or 200%, up to you.
    Find 2 other guys to do SH /sword hall/ tier to.
    Ppl farm it for a reason....
    Before that you may clear your quest log / and finish - but not return/as many missions as you can.
    So find 2 more ppl, join SH t2 on lvl clear all up to winged boss. When she come, one guy agro her and kite in circle while others leave instance / leave instance not fellow. when they are outside the guy who kite boss leave FELLOWSHIP, and sed X to leader for inv. Once he go invited back instance tool pop up, you all re enter. No need to start new, or to reset. Bosses are already reseted. Do first 2 quests, boss 2 spawn, the guy kite ... etc etc....
    when 5 min of the XP buff left, say bye, leave fellow, travel and return all missions quests. Vernozal 1st with teleport, then use stables to rest of the locations.
    This way you will max your reward tracker for no time

(dont use the scroll before you are sure grp is good and other 2 players are serious. Lots of time mo#o one leave just after you use scroll, so better ask them do they have time :P )

Good luck!
    Yeah, no. I don't like fellowing, and I despise instances. I only do the instances I'm forced to do to get the Epic line done.
    (Usually wait till I'm over-level, set it to minimum level, and run it solo with my skirm soldier.) I haven't tried missions yet,
    they sound as bad as instances. Seriously people, I play to be a Hobbit exploring Middle Earth. I pick up ore and logs, sell
    them to make gold, (have over 25k on my smaller acct) and then find low level chars to give 500 gold at a time for fun. I
    can barely see the screen anymore so would be useless in a fellowship. I play to have fun, not to turn it into a job.

Hello, Flaxie.

I am not a super player and also spend most of my time solo.

In my opinion, based on what I know of you from your posts in these forums, the Bilbo Baggin and Wildwood missions are within your reach. Most of them are set at landscape difficulty. All of the Wildwood missions and half of the Bilbo Baggins missions provide your character with a very strong helper who will act as a 'tank' and does not require any healing. The missions can be run on any character, level 20 to level 140, so you can try them with your strongest character.

If I recall correctly, you enjoy crafting. Any level 20+ character with crafted equipment should do perfectly fine. I have run them with such characters with no issues.

Let me offer some information on all 20 of the missions:

Bilbo Baggins 1: You talk with some elves. There is no combat.

Bilbo Baggins 2: You need to find a two elves. At any given time, one of these elves will accompany you and fight with you. They are very strong and do not require any healing. If you hang back, they will 'tank' every enemy group for you. All enemies come in groups of two to four animals. Defeat one group at a time until the mission is over. All enemies are of standard type.

Bilbo Baggins 3: You need to accompany a giant on a walk. Along the way, you will fight standard type wood trolls and worms in groups of two and three. If you hang back, the giant will 'tank' all the enemies for you. Eventually, you need to hide and an enemy giant comes along. He is a signature enemy, but you only need to reduce his moral by 60%.

Bilbo Baggins 4: You visit with some dwarves. Standard type snow beasts attack. The first group consists of three monsters. The second group is a swarm. Hang back and let the dwarves 'tank' as many of the snow beasts as possible. Deal with whatever snow beasts get by the dwarves. If you are really fast, you can actually run up to the camp fire and let the dwarves do everything. If you get into trouble, lure the snow beasts chasing you onto the dwarves. After all the snow beasts are defeated, a signature grim and a signature snow beast will arrive. Again, let the dwarves 'tank' them. The grim attacks targets at random but is actually rather weak.

Bilbo Baggins 5: You need to fight your way through a valley filled with standard goblins and a two wargs. They come in packs of two and three but hit surprisingly hard so go slow. At one point, two goblin groups are very close together. Be very careful to only activate one pack. If you activate both, it can get tough.

Bilbo Baggins 6: You again fight standard goblins and wargs in ones, twos, and threes. As long as you make careful pulls, you will never fight more that three standard enemies. There is an optional fight with a signature goblin at the end. Pay attention to this last goblin.

Bilbo Baggins 7: You need to hide from some goblins, then search for a key. If you were paying attention, there is no combat. If you were not paying attention, you will fight standard goblins in groups of four.

Bilbo Baggins 8: You will fight standard goblins and one signature orc. The goblins come in groups of three but respawn rather quickly. Kill or stun a goblin group then close the nearby gate. Closing the gate prevents more goblins from appearing. After closing three gates, you will come to a signature orc at a fourth gate. Defeat him to finish the mission.

Bilbo Baggins 9: Once again, you fight standard goblins and a signature orc. The goblins appear in groups of two and three. The signature orc is the end boss. He is not very difficult.

Bilbo Baggins 10: You will fight standard goblins and a signature troll. The goblins come in packs of one and two. Mister Baggins will help out. At the end, you must defeat the signature troll, who is surprisingly easy, but Mister Baggins will not help in the last fight.

Wildwood: For all these mission you have a very strong elf maid companion who will 'tank' for you. She also has a very powerful moral heal she will use on you.

Wildwood 1: A Looming Collapse: This mission contains standard orcs and signature orcs in groups of one, two, and three. If you pull carefully, you will never face more that two orcs at a time. Click on some explosives as you go. When you have enough explosives, return to the start to finish. Be careful not to lose your elf helper in the tunnels. If you take too long killing an orc, he will explode and put a shadow damage affect on you. Use a purple potion of Remove Fear to get rid of that.

Wildwood 2: The Trestlebridge Ambush: You will face evil men, half-orcs, and orcs, standard and signature, in groups of one and two. The enemies will come at you in waves. Stand in front of the home and wait for the enemies to come to you. Every so often, click a flag to progress the mission. When all 4 flags are activated, the mission is over. Some enemies may set themselves on fire, causing very minor reflect damage.

Wildwood 3: Invaders on the Delf: You will fight standard and signature half-orcs in groups of one, two, and three. You start between two mining areas. Go to one mining area and clear it. Go to the second and clear it. Go back to the start to finish. As long as you make careful pulls, you will never fight more than two enemies at a time.

Wildwood 4: Attack on Cotfast: This mission is filled with standard and signature evil men. Beware bandits in stealth. If you take to long defeating an opponent, he or she will summon a hound. If you make careful pulls, you will never fight more than three enemies. The sneaking bandits sometimes result in bigger than expected pulls. After clearing the village, return to the start to finish.

Willdwood 5: Brooding in the Depths: You will fight normal spiders and two signature spider brood queens. The spiders use stealth and will sometimes rush you up to 3 at a time. Move slow and clear as you go. Brood queens will summon more spiders so kill them quickly. After killing both brood queens and destroying 10 cocoons, return to the chamber with the first brood queen. The reward chest is on the landing above that chamber. Be careful not to lose your helper in the tunnels.

Wildwood 6: Locked Down: You will venture through a short stretch of caves fighting standard and signature human bandits. They will come at you in ones, twos, and three. Beware bandits in stealth. Kill bandit bosses to obtain keys. Each key opens a gate to progress. Defeat a final bandit boss to finish.

Wildwood 7: Svalfang's Stand: This mission includes one signature giant and three normal wolves. The giant likes to stun but is not very tough. The wolves arrive and attack as the giant loses moral. Try to let the elf helper deal with the wolves while you finish off the giant.

Wildwood 8: The Menace at Sutwarden: This mission takes place in a small outdoor ruin filled with 14 standard and signature half-orcs. Some half-orcs use crossbows and will but a bleed on you. Use a Cure Wound potion to remove bleeding woulds. Make careful pulls to fight the enemies in ones, twos, and threes. After defeating the 15 half-orcs and destroying 8 banners, 8 more half-orcs will show up in two groups, one above and one below. Position your elf helper to engage them first, then peel off one enemy at a time. Repeat with the second group. Return to the starting point to finish. If you forgot, it is just down the hill from the ruin. The last two groups contain half-orcs who will set you on fire. Use a Cure Wound potion to dose yourself.

Wildwood 9: The Trestlebridge Ambush: This mission contains large numbers of evil men bandits and half-orcs. If you make careful pulls, you will face up to 4 at a time. Let your elf helper 'tank' for you. Go slow. If this mission is a problem, just skip it.

Wildwood 10: Trouble on the Brandywine: This is the hardest mission on this list. You will face evil men bandits in waves while defending a fixed position. If you are unlucky, the final waves will be rather large. When you enter the mission, you will be on a wharf with beach to the left and right. I find it easiest to stand on the beach to the right. This forces the enemies to come to you over a longer distance. Some enemies will spawn on the beach right next to you, allowing you to kill them quickly, before others arrive. Let your elf helped 'tank' as much as possible. She may run off on you to fight something. If that happens, do your best to kill everything, then drag her back up the beach. If this mission is too tough, skip it.

On a typical day I will run Wildwood 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8 and Bilbo 1, 7, 4, 3, 2. I find them the easiest and quickest.

For super easy mission progress, run Bilbo 1 and 7. If you know where the key is, these missions have no combat.

I am told many other missions are also rather quick and easy. Since the good people at Standing Stone Games gave many of them to me for free, I will give them a try very soon.

Flaxie, you can do it. Bilbo 5 can suck with a bad pull. Bilbo 7 has the gate thing so you do need to kill the goblins quickly or stun them. Wildwood 10 sometimes gets crazy. However, you can skip them and still get 10 missions in every single day.

Now, I am not suggesting you go all in on grinding missions. No, no, no. In my opinion, you can do them, open them up, and then, now and again, run them for fun. In this way you will have really good options for earning Reward Track experience if and when you need it. You will also get really good experience and some of the rewards are pretty neat.

I wish you much luck and hope you get to 100 this time. If you are on Landroval, drop me a message. I would be happy to help. My eyes are not so great, either.
    Sophie the Enchantress - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I wish all of you many successful and happy adventures., brave Ladies and Lords of Middle Earth!

you should try playing like that at the start of the 4 MONTH cycle and not the last day maybe?

i did the reward track by soloing 1 toon thru the 3 missions a day and completing the wrapper quests.

its very doable

Mortem Tyrannis

Quote Originally Posted by subadar View Post
    you should try playing like that at the start of the 4 MONTH cycle and not the last day maybe?

i did the reward track by soloing 1 toon thru the 3 missions a day and completing the wrapper quests.

its very doable
    LOL Good point, but I had not expected to get far enough to be within reach.
    Like I said, I've never gotten more than half-way before. :P

Tasks are a good way to progress the bar. Log in all your alts and hit those task boards every day for good progress. If you have enough of them, and the task items to hand, you could even make that 1.5 bars tonight before the reward track flips.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

It flipped this morning at 9 am. (the time we usually get shut down for the restart)

A number of toons at 140 (nine) and tasks are the thing. I went about 40 boxes past the end of track 3 and found mostly just 50 script containers. But also some 600 script containers. A few traceries, but only two worth saving. The rested ashed for script. Built about 7000 script that way. Gundabad is a good resource. Know what to kill and kill them all while trekking from quest to quest. Some places have good concentrations that are relatively close to one another. (Stonejaws).

Track 4 has some black steel key coffers. If there is more than one key in there that would be cool.

I have to wait until Rocky Mountain time 4pm to play. Can't even get into my shared storage (where all the task items are) until then.

Quote Originally Posted by subadar View Post

its very doable
    You know that gif of Snoopy doing his little Beagle Happy Dance? That's me now.
    I Did it! For the first time, I finished a rewards track! With a month and a day to spare!
    I'm actually going to be able to stock up those "end-of-the-line" boxes!
    Ok, I know you guys don't find this exciting, but I do!

Also checked out some of the info I've seen, and yes, the 100 to 105 chars do progress the bar faster than the 120.

Congratulations! That is wonderful, Flaxie. I hope you enjoy the Warm Winter Goat Kid.
    Sophie the Enchantress - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I wish all of you many successful and happy adventures., brave Ladies and Lords of Middle Earth!