We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Something has happened lately, the LOTRO is not booting since the patch.

You go to run LOTRO, and it load, and then goes back to the main computer screen and craps out.

Nothing load.

So you load LOTRO again, and after 2 or 3 tries it (hopefully) runs ! What is going on?!

No idea, but I'm seeing the same sort of thing myself. Running Win 10 with no Lua scripts and no pre-Update issues. Mine has (so far) always loaded on Try #2 on 4 instances.

Ticket filed.
    Last edited by can0peas; Nov 16 2022 at 12:01 PM.

Something is terribly wrong. Even my launcher has trouble starting. I thought a brand new installation would help, but it seems I can't even download the lotrolive.exe without errors. It's not my internet. I checked. All other games run smoothly. But ever since the ''Before the Shadow' the game won't start. And I am paying for the game, so it makes me kinda angry.
    German HdRO-Guide. Für alles rund ums Spielvergnügen!

I can get to the screen where I see all my characters, and click on one, then PFFFT *^*^*^*! and it goes back to the computer main menu.

I'm seeing something similar. Every time I've started the launcher and entered account information, the first time the character screen shows the client crashes. The next time I start it, it works. Three times, now, that's happened.

They definitely broke something.

Quote Originally Posted by Froyo_K_Baggins View Post
    I'm seeing something similar. Every time I've started the launcher and entered account information, the first time the character screen shows the client crashes. The next time I start it, it works. Three times, now, that's happened.

They definitely broke something.
    Same thing has been happening to me every time I click a char and enter game.

Can't log in since Update 34

I'm also experiencing constant crashing right after I log in since the day before yesterday. Only managed to log once when the expansion went live. Then crashed in game when I tried to port with my warden skills. Haven't been able to log since. What is happening? Haven't seen SSG do or acknowledge something about it. Any fixes guys? It's happening to so many people. Wish they all posted on the forums about it and not FB and twitter.

Do you have both NVidia cards and on-board graphics? If you do search the forums.

All I got.

Same issues here, though I'll also add the following: in the new regions e.g. Cardonal and Swanfleet, the game freezes and lags randomly. While the chat is still working, the game disconnects (it's all the worse when you're on a warsteed, as despite the lag it continues running and you find yourself in some remote hole later). Gotta restart the client, then the chat is disabled for a time with the typical error. This is precisely what people meant when they told SSG to stop adding more flammables to the burning pile, and fix the game first.

Seems to be working better now. They may have fixed something without telling us.