We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Guest log change

I bet many are thankful for the addition of +5 quest slots after all these years but pardon my ungratefulness: could we get a toggle to revert back to the old 5 if we'd like?

With 10 monitor gets awfully bloated with information I don't need and it's a tad bit distracting.

Somewhere in the options menu there is a check box where you can tell it to NOT auto-populate your tracker with every new quest you accept. Then you can pick and choose which ones to add to the tracker manually.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    Somewhere in the options menu there is a check box where you can tell it to NOT auto-populate your tracker with every new quest you accept. Then you can pick and choose which ones to add to the tracker manually.

This is not what the OP wanted. I agree with the toggle option to revert back to 5 quests.
    Some regions are organized enough where you don't even need the extra 5 quests then there are regions that have that problem.
    And maybe worse.

BTW, with the addition of +5 quests, we also need new colors for the tracker so we can identify where each quest's location is.
    That is not a problem for me but there are some people who will find it problematic.

The box showing 10 quests on the map - where you select the ring's color and can switch it on/off - is now twice as large, covering half the screen. Would be at least nice to shrink it to show only your currently active quests. Moving it around to see what's underneath is not helpful.

it is easy to remove excess quests from your tracking window. I would sometimes remove quests even when 5 was the limit just to focus on one locality.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastran View Post
    it is easy to remove excess quests from your tracking window. I would sometimes remove quests even when 5 was the limit just to focus on one locality.
    I do this too. Sometimes a want to track many, others only 1 or 2 at the time. to easy to disable ''Automatically add quests to tracker.'' Also resizing the UIs help a great deal to uncluter the screen. This is my screen appearance while i'm questing, after some resizing (i'm using a laptop not 1 those huge Tv screens):

Quote Originally Posted by LadySelene View Post
    The box showing 10 quests on the map - where you select the ring's color and can switch it on/off - is now twice as large, covering half the screen. Would be at least nice to shrink it to show only your currently active quests. Moving it around to see what's underneath is not helpful.
    The 10 quests/deeds on the tracker I can deal with even though it now runs down behind my bags but the UI on the map screen it just too big. It was already often too big when it was 5 quests/deeds but usually if you tucked it in the bottom left corner it wouldn't obscure the map much. I looked but didn't see a way to modify the opacity of that UI nor did I see a way to change the outer bounds of the UI. I would love to pull the top and side in and force a scrollbar. I don't really ever use that UI at all anyway. Back to the main UI, I would love to be able to make the list 2 columns of 5 instead of 1 column of 10.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

After all these years, I don't understand why SSG make this change now.
    I SERIOUSLY dislike the 10-quest box.
    Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.

I fail to see how anyone doesn't like this change, its nice to finally track more then 5 quest, always wish we could, not distracting at all to me.

But if some don't like, an option could be it, though for now its simple to just take quest off the tracker, just few extra clicks.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    The 10 quests/deeds on the tracker I can deal with even though it now runs down behind my bags but the UI on the map screen it just too big. It was already often too big when it was 5 quests/deeds but usually if you tucked it in the bottom left corner it wouldn't obscure the map much. I looked but didn't see a way to modify the opacity of that UI nor did I see a way to change the outer bounds of the UI. I would love to pull the top and side in and force a scrollbar. I don't really ever use that UI at all anyway. Back to the main UI, I would love to be able to make the list 2 columns of 5 instead of 1 column of 10.
    I must point again that the colours & textures im using are not the default & i like to play with my screen dark. The plugin i used on that screenshot, over the quest tracker area, is called Opaque Quest tracker is precisely to create a contrast with that font to make it more visible & can be changed to any color & degree of opacity you wish. The UI colour itself can be changed with a custom UI skin.