We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

10-second hitch?

Not sure when it started, but recently I'm getting a periodic "hitch" every 10 seconds or so. Everything stops for a second, then resumes; the audio track also resets. Very odd. Just me? I've got a solid internet connection, and don't see any issues with other games. It's annoying enough to make the game unplayable.

It happens on both Treebeard and Landroval, any character, and also happens in character select.
    Last edited by AlacrityFitzhugh; Nov 17 2022 at 07:45 PM.
    It may be a useful reminder that all of us have our own paths to tread in this world, and while they may intertwine for a time, they will not forever.

Quote Originally Posted by AlacrityFitzhugh View Post
    Not sure when it started, but recently I'm getting a periodic "hitch" every 10 seconds or so. Everything stops for a second, then resumes; the audio track also resets. Very odd. Just me? I've got a solid internet connection, and don't see any issues with other games. It's annoying enough to make the game unplayable.

It happens on both Treebeard and Landroval, any character, and also happens in character select.
    And it was on my end, of course. Malfunctioning FireTV on my home network causing network spikes that made LotRO unhappy. Power-cycling the FireTV seems to have eliminated the problem.

Yes, I seem to be a Weirdness Magnet...
    It may be a useful reminder that all of us have our own paths to tread in this world, and while they may intertwine for a time, they will not forever.