We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Blowing Snow Giving Me Headaches

The new blowing snow effects in Forochel and Misty Mountains are giving me eyestrain and headaches, to the point that I can't play those zones at all. I turned off precip and post-processing and a bunch of other ambient features and lowered the contrast and brightness, which helped in MM but not at all in Forochel. If that's going to be the norm in snowy zones I'll probably wind up quitting (for good this time, and I've been playing since launch). What a terrible idea! Anyone know anything else I can try?
    Hamlet was right . . . but so was P.T. Barnum!

Quote Originally Posted by Artegall View Post
    The new blowing snow effects in Forochel and Misty Mountains are giving me eyestrain and headaches, to the point that I can't play those zones at all. I turned off precip and post-processing and a bunch of other ambient features and lowered the contrast and brightness, which helped in MM but not at all in Forochel. If that's going to be the norm in snowy zones I'll probably wind up quitting (for good this time, and I've been playing since launch). What a terrible idea! Anyone know anything else I can try?

I feel the same (as well as others I have spoken with), and it's not just these 2 areas. I have sensitive eyes and it's absolutely blinding at times to where I have to stop playing, even after trying to adjust in-game features.
    I also use blue light blocking glasses at times, but don't really much care for them because they alter the color of other things in my UI that I don't want to have altered. Maybe try blue light blocking glasses - you could just use them when you are in those areas.

Blue light blocking, got it! Thanks for the tip.
    Hamlet was right . . . but so was P.T. Barnum!