We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Missions are ok but can we please get back to 3-6-12 man instances?

Now that we have new missions and starter areas, all sorts of spots around middle earth filled in can we get back to creating content for end game?

Or update the rewards on older content to make it desirable to participate in the instances? Old does not equate to bad. Many of the older content instances and skirmishes are outstanding.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CasualActual View Post
    Now that we have new missions and starter areas, all sorts of spots around middle earth filled in can we get back to creating content for end game?
    A new skirmish got released the same day of that new expansion. A classic kind of instance will be released on a later update (the devs confrmed that). Other older small instances will be upgraded too, to use the delving system as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neinda View Post
    Or update the rewards on older content to make it desirable to participate in the instances? Old does not equate to bad. Many of the older content instances and skirmishes are outstanding.
    This is the best approach IMO.

I'm confused why SSG still makes content for specific fellowship sizes at all when the capability already exists in-game to scale content to any size?

Let players choose the fellowship size they want to complete and have the instance scale in difficulty and/or mechanics accordingly.

Seems like a huge wasted opportunity to spend all that time developing content and systems then limit it to solo/duo participation.

Same goes for developing specifically 3 or 6 man content. Why? Just make it scaleable. Every instance should have a solo, 3 or 6 man option.

The only exception I can see that should remain a specific fellowship size is raids. Raids are a unique experience that should require a larger fellowship.

SSG went to all the trouble of developing a nice new delving system so people could earn armor outside of the HH raid. In the next few weeks (or less) there will be a whole lot of people all dressed up in the pretty new armor and nowhere to go. The HH raid is a year old now. Not everyone wants to continue to run that raid once per week for however long. A bit of variety at end game would be nice. So much dead content in game that could be fun again. SSG please make the old content worth running so that people have a chance to show off their shiny new armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggenah View Post
    I'm confused why SSG still makes content for specific fellowship sizes at all when the capability already exists in-game to scale content to any size?

I agree content should scale to not just group size but also multiple groups. The game should feel like war, not a qualifying battle arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Neinda View Post
    SSG went to all the trouble of developing a nice new delving system so people could earn armor outside of the HH raid. In the next few weeks (or less) there will be a whole lot of people all dressed up in the pretty new armor and nowhere to go. The HH raid is a year old now. Not everyone wants to continue to run that raid once per week for however long. A bit of variety at end game would be nice. So much dead content in game that could be fun again. SSG please make the old content worth running so that people have a chance to show off their shiny new armor.
    Don't forget about new 6-man instance, and School/Library will get delving rewards in january 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Don't forget about new 6-man instance, and School/Library will get delving rewards in january 2023
    Again, how many times will people enjoy running the same instance on a daily basis? The school/library delving I would assume will be another delving which serves the purpose of earning currency to buy shiny new armor. It does no harm to make old content, both instances and skirmishes worth running to give people a bit of variety and different things to do every day. The content was good and fun and now it is sitting there unused. Turning old instances into delvings won't last if there is no other goal than to earn armor. As I said........all dressed up and nowhere to go.

and LOL, I am still trying to understand what is the purpose in running missions other than power leveling. A system with no goal for participation other than to say you have been there and are at the currency cap for that group of missions. Missions are another system that have no obvious purpose or reason for running them.