We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

64 bit Lotro, Gaming Laptops, and Windows 11 (maybe earlier, too)

This has become quite an issue. I've worked with multiple in the last few days who where unable to run the 64-bit client. Turns out, Lotro is not using their video cards and is trying to run on onboard graphics. I had this issue with Bullroarer as well. The solution seems to be to add lotroclient64.exe to the High Performance list under Settings->System->Display->Graphics. But why should gaming laptop uses have to go through this? Why is Lotro not selecting the correct video card to begin with? Other games do NOT have this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie_Me View Post
    I had this issue with Bullroarer as well. The solution seems to be to add lotroclient64.exe to the High Performance list under Settings->System->Display->Graphics.
    It also works if you do it manually on the graphic card control panel. This is an issue that has been happening since the 64bit client hit the Bullroarer server in... 2018, I think? It has never been solved. But, with the retiring of the 32bit client in 2023 I reckon some changes will occur
    The Champion of Eriador, Man-at-Arms Melvargil Eaglewing, Lord of the Ashen Wastes.

Geek Pub, Evernight

That's very weird. I did not have a problem with the retail client, just bullroarer. And one of the people I've recently helped get up and running was doing just fine until U34.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie_Me View Post
    That's very weird. I did not have a problem with the retail client, just bullroarer. And one of the people I've recently helped get up and running was doing just fine until U34.
    The retail 64bit client was probably using the dedicated graphics card, while the Bullroarer 64bit client was allocated to the integrated graphics card
    The Champion of Eriador, Man-at-Arms Melvargil Eaglewing, Lord of the Ashen Wastes.

Geek Pub, Evernight