We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Doom of Your Framerate

You will need to decrease the number of mobs that spawn all at once, especially in the end. The game runs at 5 fps for extended periods of time during this skraid, which is unacceptable.

1. Is there a reason for this post?
    2. Are you just posting to complain about something?
    3. Ok, you get 5 fps, what are the system specs?
    4. What skraid are you talking about?
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…

I believe the OP complains about the new Skirmish. It throws a lot of mobs at you in the last phase, which might create FPS issues, especially in 12 player mode.

Besides, my champ tends to disagree. Get a halfway decent system and then SHING-SHING ALL THE MOBS!

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    1. Is there a reason for this post?
    2. Are you just posting to complain about something?
    3. Ok, you get 5 fps, what are the system specs?
    4. What skraid are you talking about?
    1) To provide constructive feedback
    2) No, but you are just posting because you're a fanboy who trolls the forums to try and counter any and all criticism directed at the game
    3) You must be brand new to the game if you think system specs are ever the cause of lag in LOTRO's joke of a game engine
    4) Doom of Caras Gelebren obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Gorikon View Post
    I believe the OP complains about the new Skirmish. It throws a lot of mobs at you in the last phase, which might create FPS issues, especially in 12 player mode.

Besides, my champ tends to disagree. Get a halfway decent system and then SHING-SHING ALL THE MOBS!
    My system runs modern AAA games on ultra graphics at 1440p 144 FPS. LOTRO's FPS drops have nothing to do with the player's system specs these days. A smartphone could just as comfortably run this game.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeBaggy View Post
    1) To provide constructive feedback
    2) No, but you are just posting because you're a fanboy who trolls the forums to try and counter any and all criticism directed at the game
    3) You must be brand new to the game if you think system specs are ever the cause of lag in LOTRO's joke of a game engine
    4) Doom of Caras Gelebren obviously
    Hmm, can not answer the questions, so you respond with ad hominems. Sad, sad.
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…

They really need to apologize for blaming weapon swapping for lag. The lag has only gotten worse since its been disabled. Perhaps the weapon swapping was reducing lag? Maybe they should turn it back on ?

I crack me up.

5 FPS? LOL. I have -1.5 FPS in remmorchant once. Yes, negative. And that number have red color, so usually you almost never seen that. So it was like not 1 frame per second, it's like 1 frame per 3 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeBaggy View Post
    LOTRO's FPS drops have nothing to do with the player's system specs these days.
    It can't be nothing, as some users report that they do not have lag issues at all.

Did you try lowering graphics quality and/or resolution for (sk)raids? I know that feels horrid if you have a great shiny gaming rig, but hey, playing a 15 years old game comes at a price.

Quote Originally Posted by Oghran View Post
    It can't be nothing, as some users report that they do not have lag issues at all.

Did you try lowering graphics quality and/or resolution for (sk)raids? I know that feels horrid if you have a great shiny gaming rig, but hey, playing a 15 years old game comes at a price.
    I don't believe anyone who reports having no lag issues. Every single player I know has issues with FPS drops in all the same places.

And yes, of course I'm playing on mostly low graphics. Lower graphics not only helps with FPS but also with visibility. But this can only do so much. It falls on the designers of the game to ensure that the FPS drops inherent to their game have a minimum effect on gameplay. Incidences of enemies spawning in numbers that cause drops to 5 FPS are unacceptable and should be removed.