We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Really glad it's working out for you and that you've found a way forward with it. T7's are not playing ball with me the last couple of days at all. I've run four alts through delvings today, mostly T7's, and a few T5's. Nothing but mats on every single T7, but one nice surprise in one of the T5s.

The one thing that is really good about this new system is that it allows for changes in play style as much as you like. on days where players only have an hour, they can adapt the system to suit.
    Those mats and dyes should really go away. Especially above T1! Actually I was a bit surprised to find out that devs haven't already put that as a known issue, which makes me think that it is intended after all... But how can it be? As far as I know, there is no other end-game content in game that rewards you with starter area crafting mats! Or, a single dye. Or, like what I received, an obsolete crafting material I still think this is some kind of coding bug that they didn't have time to fix before release. Maybe they fix it with .1 update? If nothing else, give us a selection box.

Yeah, it's great that those delvings are pretty short in general. On weekdays I can do 1-2 delvings if I don't have time to do more, OR if I don't feel like to do more. At least that way I don't burn out with these so quickly But aside of leveling my brawler up (which is fun, even if that is my 11th character on his way to 140), there isn't much else to do than delvings. New skirmish is okay, and got a nice shield from that on my second try, but they should really revamp those soldiers, at least to our current level cap... And while they are it, maybe they can allow us to summon soldiers to help us in ALL instances as well I have been whishing about that ever since they came up with a skirmish system, and one can still hope

Quote Originally Posted by Gilean-EU View Post
    Those mats and dyes should really go away. Especially above T1! Actually I was a bit surprised to find out that devs haven't already put that as a known issue, which makes me think that it is intended after all... But how can it be? As far as I know, there is no other end-game content in game that rewards you with starter area crafting mats! Or, a single dye. Or, like what I received, an obsolete crafting material I still think this is some kind of coding bug that they didn't have time to fix before release. Maybe they fix it with .1 update? If nothing else, give us a selection box.

Yeah, it's great that those delvings are pretty short in general. On weekdays I can do 1-2 delvings if I don't have time to do more, OR if I don't feel like to do more. At least that way I don't burn out with these so quickly But aside of leveling my brawler up (which is fun, even if that is my 11th character on his way to 140), there isn't much else to do than delvings. New skirmish is okay, and got a nice shield from that on my second try, but they should really revamp those soldiers, at least to our current level cap... And while they are it, maybe they can allow us to summon soldiers to help us in ALL instances as well I have been whishing about that ever since they came up with a skirmish system, and one can still hope
    Not positive it still exists but there used to be a quest in the intro out of Archet that awards a dye.

I noticed that since the update, the only variant in the higher tier delvings has been B. There have not been any variant A days since the update on Wednesday I believe, but could have been Friday, too.

I suspect this mechanic to be broken.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Sk0field View Post
    I noticed that since the update, the only variant in the higher tier delvings has been B. There have not been any variant A days since the update on Wednesday I believe, but could have been Friday, too.

I suspect this mechanic to be broken.

Any thoughts?
    All three days are cycling normally as far as I have seen. However, there are few delvings that I haven't seen, here's where (and when) they are supposed to be found:

Caranos Command Post (Andrath/Gerwyn's Convoy, day 3)
    Leadership Direction (Cardolan: Herne, day 2)
    Not As Many Heads (Swanfleet, Lhan Garan, day 1)
    Sifting Through Time (Cardolan: Herne, day 2)
    Tharbad Tower Ascent (Cardolan, Stonecrop Encampment, day 2)

Haven't noticed those on ANY day so far. In addition to those, I think at least two missions are broken:

The Ruins of Amon Firn: Completed the objectives and the only thing left was to find the scout. Didn't find it, although I ran around at least 15 minutes. I noticed someone had the same problem on Bullroarer so maybe this one is bugged.

Siege of Sirlond: This one is impossible to do, at least if you die during the first wave like I did (thanks to mobs appearing so late). You have 5 minutes timer running, and for some reason there is at least 10 orcs attacking me all at once. No way I can survive that on T7...

All three days are cycling normally as far as I have seen. However, there are few delvings that I haven't seen, here's where (and when) they are supposed to be found:

Caranos Command Post (Andrath/Gerwyn's Convoy, day 3)
    Leadership Direction (Cardolan: Herne, day 2)
    Not As Many Heads (Swanfleet, Lhan Garan, day 1)
    Sifting Through Time (Cardolan: Herne, day 2)
    Tharbad Tower Ascent (Cardolan, Stonecrop Encampment, day 2)

Haven't noticed those on ANY day so far. In addition to those, I think at least two missions are broken:

The Ruins of Amon Firn: Completed the objectives and the only thing left was to find the scout. Didn't find it, although I ran around at least 15 minutes. I noticed someone had the same problem on Bullroarer so maybe this one is bugged.

Siege of Sirlond: This one is impossible to do, at least if you die during the first wave like I did (thanks to mobs appearing so late). You have 5 minutes timer running, and for some reason there is at least 10 orcs attacking me all at once. No way I can survive that on T7...
    I am not talking about the rotation of the missions itself. These seem to work fine. I am talking about the Variant of the delvings.

There are supposed to be two: A and B. A is the variant with the corruption that is reflecting damage and which I believe was fixed with the latest patch on Wednesday:
    https://www.lotro.com/update-notes/l...lease-notes-en
    "Instances of Sauron’s Defence removed via corruption removal will no longer reapply to the mob from which it was removed."

Variant B is the one where you get additinoal dread and puddles that stun, plus sickness which spawns crawlers if not removed. This variant has been dominant since the patch I believe.

Or am I missing something here?
    Last edited by Sk0field; Dec 06 2022 at 05:03 AM.

I have seen and done the Tower Ascent, not even seen the others in that list
    Mithithil Ithryndi

From the latest patch notes: "
    • Delving Dread effects are no longer removed from the player upon defeat."

Okay then, that was (clearly) a bug, but while they are at it, why not making crafted hope tokens remain active even after defeat as well? Because now they have 3 minutes cooldown, and when you do higher difficulty delvings, you just HAVE to have hope token active at all times. Not so surprisingly, store bought hope tokens remain active after you die, but with crafted tokens, you just have to wait until you are able to consume another hope token.

Oh, and I have to say now that I have ran few delvings with my champion that running delvings on tactical/ranged characters is just walk in the park compared to melee ones. For example you engage with ranged mob in melee. It drops the malice effect around its feet, so you need to move. Although when you move, you cannot reach the mob anymore, but the mob(s) just shoot at you. I guess no-one thought about melee characters when they were creating these effects...

From the latest patch notes: "
    • Delving Dread effects are no longer removed from the player upon defeat."

Okay then, that was (clearly) a bug, but while they are at it, why not making crafted hope tokens remain active even after defeat as well? Because now they have 3 minutes cooldown, and when you do higher difficulty delvings, you just HAVE to have hope token active at all times. Not so surprisingly, store bought hope tokens remain active after you die, but with crafted tokens, you just have to wait until you are able to consume another hope token.

Oh, and I have to say now that I have ran few delvings with my champion that running delvings on tactical/ranged characters is just walk in the park compared to melee ones. For example you engage with ranged mob in melee. It drops the malice effect around its feet, so you need to move. Although when you move, you cannot reach the mob anymore, but the mob(s) just shoot at you. I guess no-one thought about melee characters when they were creating these effects...
    It's always a bit more challenging with melee. When moving out of AoE puddles, go out of line of sight if you can. The mob should then follow to get you back into line of sight and hopefully they will step outside of the effect. If not, at least their hits are missing until the effect dispels.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

It's always a bit more challenging with melee. When moving out of AoE puddles, go out of line of sight if you can. The mob should then follow to get you back into line of sight and hopefully they will step outside of the effect. If not, at least their hits are missing until the effect dispels.
    Yeah, that works if there's only one ranged (although it's still quite a bit more work compared to how ranged characters solve this, and especially in some environments where there are not much cover). More often than not, there are at least two mobs where one is melee, other one is ranged (or three, in case third one is defiler or such). So it seems like I am just backing down, melee one is chasing and planting another puddle at my feet (and hacking me the same time), and I need to step back again. While the ranged one has already found a better place to shoot at me, and plants another puddle on me. And the melee one continues hacking.

Of course it will get better if I happen to find teal pieces for my champ. One piece with two essences doesn't seem to do much yet. While my minstrel, using four teal pieces with only ONE essence slotted in one of those, his time is already much much easier and nowadays I don't even bother moving away from melee mobs anymore as I can kill them anyway on T7.

Not sure how devs should have solved this problem with melee characters though.

why the loot nerf??

Was getting blue/purple armour now only getting bs mats doing same thing i been doing since release....wth?? will this update today fix??

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine94 View Post
    Was getting blue/purple armour now only getting bs mats doing same thing i been doing since release....wth?? will this update today fix??
    Just got 2 pieces with my LM, so no, everything is fine, you are just not lucky.

My issue is that with some of my chars some of the missions are just not appearing. At all.

I started doing them today with my LM to see what missions are not present and need to be unlocked, but to my big surprise every mission from today's rotation was available to him! Even had one that is supposed to be available tomorrow: Tharbad Tower Courtyard, which unlocked the next mission: Tharbad Tower Ascent right away!

He also found Into the Pits, in Lhan Gharan, along with the other 2, while my minstrel, who is running delvings since the first day, still can't find it!

Any info from the Devs would be much appreciated!
    Arequain Belechael, Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

'The Caranost Scout scored a hit with a weak melee attack on Brethwyn for 87,711,232 Common damage to Morale.'

Is this seriously meant to happen at Tier 4??
    Brethwyn Bearsbane of House Breddinga [100-Guardian]
    Hygweard of Rohan, High Protector of Bree-Land and Lord of Emyn Uial
    Children of the Sun - Gilrain

Quote Originally Posted by Brethwyn_EU View Post
    'The Caranost Scout scored a hit with a weak melee attack on Brethwyn for 87,711,232 Common damage to Morale.'

Is this seriously meant to happen at Tier 4??
    If this is WEAK melee attack, I don't want to see STRONG melee attack, LOL

I just posted a new thread about this. My last three hits were 48 million, 178 million, and 748 million. All on T4.

Quote Originally Posted by cormach View Post
    I just posted a new thread about this. My last three hits were 48 million, 178 million, and 748 million. All on T4.
    Somebody hasn'r written the scaling terribly well it seems. T4 ought to be relativeky speaking, far less damage than T10 and somebody has reported ranged damage on T8 and T10 of around 1 million, soakable with good mits, good morale and good gear, which devlings are not suposed to expect, although at T10 they are essential.
    Mithithil Ithryndi

Quote Originally Posted by Fadil View Post
    That last line made me lol.

I would suggest removing the lower tier crafting mats and replace them
    with items people can actually use during delvings

Like pots, hope tokens and scrolls.
    if they rewarded this... less people would buy them from the shop. Nice idea but its the middle finger for you from $$G

Not sure if pots and scrolls are available but shop hope is a thing. Maybe thats why they removed the hope effect after a death. Obvious move to "encourage" us to spend points in the shop

Not sure if I read somewhere that they had removed coal from higher tier delvings. But I know I got 10 coal yesterday from T7 chest.

BTW, would be great if we would get ARMOUR SELECTION BOX or something like that instead of those armour pieces. That way I could use my minstrel to get pieces for my champion, for example, as doing T7's is so much easier for him.

And because my champion has the worst luck. Now I have completed 18 T7 missions with my champion (all solo), so that means 18 teal chests to open. And from those, I have got only one yellow piece and one teal piece so far. ALL other chests gave me low-level crafting mats (and coal). Not very rewarding...

Not sure if I read somewhere that they had removed coal from higher tier delvings. But I know I got 10 coal yesterday from T7 chest.

BTW, would be great if we would get ARMOUR SELECTION BOX or something like that instead of those armour pieces. That way I could use my minstrel to get pieces for my champion, for example, as doing T7's is so much easier for him.

And because my champion has the worst luck. Now I have completed 18 T7 missions with my champion (all solo), so that means 18 teal chests to open. And from those, I have got only one yellow piece and one teal piece so far. ALL other chests gave me low-level crafting mats (and coal). Not very rewarding...
    This is why I was telling you about the grind of lower levels before. I've run a lot of delvings by now. Some T10's many T7's, many t5's and a lot of T1s, when my play time is short. From my experience, you get a gear drop in T7's around one in seven runs. In T5, its about one in five/six for a purple piece (worth 10 writs), and in t1s its about one in four for a green piece (worth 5 writs). Coal was removed from T8/9s, but still drops in all other tiers. I've only seen it twice, so either I'm lucky on the coal front or they've reduced the drop rate for it. Crafting mats (all crafting tiers) drop too often - on all tiers, including T10.
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.

This is why I was telling you about the grind of lower levels before. I've run a lot of delvings by now. Some T10's many T7's, many t5's and a lot of T1s, when my play time is short. From my experience, you get a gear drop in T7's around one in seven runs. In T5, its about one in five/six for a purple piece (worth 10 writs), and in t1s its about one in four for a green piece (worth 5 writs). Coal was removed from T8/9s, but still drops in all other tiers. I've only seen it twice, so either I'm lucky on the coal front or they've reduced the drop rate for it. Crafting mats (all crafting tiers) drop too often - on all tiers, including T10.
    Yeah, I guess it's at least so much easier and faster than T7 that it doesn't feel too bad when (not if, when) I get another box of crafting mats as a reward. I did another six T7's without any gear piece, then ran through one T1 and got another crafting box. Less time wasted at least

And updated OP, not sure why

So many pages of grumbles over missions.. so I'm writing in my own frustration I HATE MISSIONS

Missions.... LONG... BORING... why? Honestly.. I get grinding. but this is dull.. no group tactics.. just solo or duo for speed and grind... I don't get the point honestly..
    Make instances or something but these are DULL DULL DULL and frustratingly long.

On top of which there are some chars I can't take through missions.. Imagine taking my tank or my cappie through... they might survive.. the constant stuns and using pots.. but it would take FOREVER to complete just one Mission.. for a BAG of COAL or some outdated crafting item or a stupid dye no one wants..

I seriously don't understand your thinking .. it's wierd..

Honestly have you dev ppl actually run them yourself? Sorry Cordo.. but I can't see Stampion suriving a T7 and really if you get an outdated craft item.. there's no point anyway
    Second Marshal Jevyan of Eldar
    : Mini LM RK Capt Champ Hunt Burg Guard Beorn R7: WL Def. Player from the beginning in 2007
    I can heal lots but I can't heal stupid

it was a bad idea that was executed even worse

Quote Originally Posted by jevvy View Post
    Honestly have you dev ppl actually run them yourself? Sorry Cordo.. but I can't see Stampion suriving a T7 and really if you get an outdated craft item.. there's no point anyway
    If you mean champion, that was my "heavy-class delvings runner" and I have completed most missions solo T7 on my champion, so it's doable. However, I thought to try beorning, and it's much easier for him! As for medium classes, it depends but seems like my burglar has easier time than my hunter soloing T7's. As for light classes, haven't tried but minstrel yet, but it's pretty easy for him.

HOWEVER, I have 4-5 teal armour pieces equipped with those characters already. Mostly with vitality essences, and some class-appropriate stat essences as well. That makes a huge difference. In the beginning it wasn't so easy to solo those T7's, but naturally, if my morale has doubled (for example), it makes it easier to survive a fight against 2-3 enemies. Because you just have to kill before you get killed, and having, say, 300-400k morale does get YOU killed fast in T7 delvings.

Also, I don't bother running those harder missions. Water spirit ones are the worst. They can be hard even on T1. While there are couple of easy missions that I usually run with multiple characters, I mean one mission per day per character, if I have time. That alone gives me possibility to get another gear piece which makes it easier to do another delving. If only I could swap those double teal pieces with a pieces I need... I have three or four teal heavy leggings already, for example

If you mean champion, that was my "heavy-class delvings runner" and I have completed most missions solo T7 on my champion, so it's doable. However, I thought to try beorning, and it's much easier for him! As for medium classes, it depends but seems like my burglar has easier time than my hunter soloing T7's. As for light classes, haven't tried but minstrel yet, but it's pretty easy for him.

HOWEVER, I have 4-5 teal armour pieces equipped with those characters already. Mostly with vitality essences, and some class-appropriate stat essences as well. That makes a huge difference. In the beginning it wasn't so easy to solo those T7's, but naturally, if my morale has doubled (for example), it makes it easier to survive a fight against 2-3 enemies. Because you just have to kill before you get killed, and having, say, 300-400k morale does get YOU killed fast in T7 delvings.

Also, I don't bother running those harder missions. Water spirit ones are the worst. They can be hard even on T1. While there are couple of easy missions that I usually run with multiple characters, I mean one mission per day per character, if I have time. That alone gives me possibility to get another gear piece which makes it easier to do another delving. If only I could swap those double teal pieces with a pieces I need... I have three or four teal heavy leggings already, for example
    That's the name of Cordovan's champion...
    Second Marshal Jevyan of Eldar
    : Mini LM RK Capt Champ Hunt Burg Guard Beorn R7: WL Def. Player from the beginning in 2007
    I can heal lots but I can't heal stupid

I get so angry trying to farm higher tier delvings sometimes that I actually get a tension headache. This is some of the worst game design I've ever seen. Absolutely horrible. Not one thing was done right.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast