We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

another fail on Black Friday

On Treebeard kinship and on Evernight kinship all I have heard today is how disappointed people are with the Black Friday sales.. I am sorry but this a game out this long most of just have what you have put on sale. What we ask for and what we need is like Mithril Coins (like they use to go on sale 1/4 but have not been on sale since June 2021. That is a fail in my books. I don't know who thinks up these sales but they need to step back and really think what the players want.

Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherush View Post
    On Treebeard kinship and on Evernight kinship all I have heard today is how disappointed people are with the Black Friday sales.. I am sorry but this a game out this long most of just have what you have put on sale. What we ask for and what we need is like Mithril Coins (like they use to go on sale 1/4 but have not been on sale since June 2021. That is a fail in my books. I don't know who thinks up these sales but they need to step back and really think what the players want.
    Expansions were kind of expected, the sale there is nice but I don't think most people need them anymore. The rest of the stuff was a little confusing...supplier horn and housing writs are basically the only things on a special sale...50/75% is nice but the choice of item is a little odd. I would have expected mithril coins, triple points, or valars.

I think it's best to just expect nothing and not get disappointed.
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver

I needed writs so I'm happy!

Yeah coming back after a long break and was hoping for some good sales as I have a bit I would like to buy. Oh well, guess I have money to save then.

EDIT: Actually looked more and couple of things, but had my heart set on Valars. But at least 1 or 2 things I can get. Not sure if crafting stations at home are worth it to me as I usually need a supplier around me to pickup extra materials needed to make things.
    Last edited by Yage; Nov 23 2022 at 08:45 PM.

Think about it. We have tons of people playing the game, perhaps for the first time or returning after being away for a super long time, through the new Before the Shadow expansion. What would be of use to them? Houses. So we received a huge sale of everything related to it: workstations, stable stands, decorations, property guards, supplier, and housing writs. Those who want a Carry-All can get one through the Collector's Edition of War of Three Peaks. Those who want an Aria can get one through the Ultimate Minas Morgul edition. For the rest of us who stuck around, we either received these packs for free already during the Anniversary Event or bought the expansions for 99LP each.

istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    Since the OP mentioned what was being said on other servers - I will add that the general feeling on Shadowfax was that the sales were underwhelming. More people said they had been hoping for a sale on Valars than any other item - even though the best Valars aren't available yet on that server - just up to 105.

It is always a disappointment though no longer even a mild surprise when the best customers get the worst offers at sale time. The expansions are essentially useless to VIPs other than Gundabad since we get them already and other than expansions very little was in the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Yage View Post
    Not sure if crafting stations at home are worth it to me as I usually need a supplier around me to pickup extra materials needed to make things.
    You're in luck! Gondorian Supplier horn is on sale 75% off, for 123 lp. I'm tempted myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Trientalis View Post
    You're in luck! Gondorian Supplier horn is on sale 75% off, for 123 lp. I'm tempted myself...
    Is that what that is? Thought it was just some horn decoration. (just has to look it up)

Do they sell all the stuff you can get at the supplier in the crafting halls? Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Yage View Post
    Is that what that is? Thought it was just some horn decoration. (just has to look it up)

Do they sell all the stuff you can get at the supplier in the crafting halls? Hmmm.
    Every home should have one, they also provide the cheapest repairs. Just be prepared if you place them inside the house, the supplier can often appear on top of the horn so they can get lost in the ceiling, so I stick mine outside next to the crafting stations.
    Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy)

Maybe look elsewhere for a Black Friday deal.

As a VirginMedia UK customer of a number of years I've had a good but basic package, still fibre.

Not so great a deal with EE who decided that my using a phone as only a phone and a means of receiving a text wasn't earning them enough. Kevin maybe taking a lot out of those profits?

The cira 2009 phone has kept going due to the 9 battery replacements it's had since but it's never been an appendage as other treat theirs.
    My nephew just upgraded; he and this partner are so "connected", their 2 year old wanders about with a toy phone stabbing invisible keys and jabberying away to no one. He gave me his old 4G phone though.

Then VirginMedia come at me with an all singing Sim tie in with O2 and all the Sky sports and Cinema channels and Netflix on top, even BT Sport lol. For £2 pounds a month more than I pay now. Ofc in 18 months I'll be back to basics for 6 months. Got to love Sean though - Boromir!

All the kit installed the day before yesterday, for free. It was my birthday!
    The speedtest.net shows I have the little more than 56k necessary for Lotro, more limited by the target server but up to 500 Mbps down and 50Mbps upload. Sometimes you are offered too good a deal, like lifetime.

vs a Supplier Horn...

Unhappy disappointed as well

Yup, quite disappointed as well with the sales. Already bought all the expansions so my reward on Black Friday is nothing. Thanks for nothing SSG.

Echoweaver is offline Meddler in the Affairs of Wizards
    I ended up with 8 writs leftover when I transferred from Anor and bought new premium houses. I've been hoping for a write sale!
    Anor veteran on Landroval: Ardith and Wensleydale
    Learning to raid on Landroval https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...League-Kinship

Quote Originally Posted by Echoweaver View Post
    I ended up with 8 writs leftover when I transferred from Anor and bought new premium houses. I've been hoping for a write sale!
    I took advantage of that on the last sale for writs and bought an entire street in Belfalas. It was fun making a theme for each front yard. I even made an alt and used her to buy a kin house at the very top of the street.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

and thete is NO way to check which version of the expansion i have /my account info is outdated/
    so no, wont risk to buy smth i already have

The only things i wanted in the black Friday sales were a task carry all. Or maybe somthing off character transfers. But surprise surprice we got expansions that probably 90 persent of peiple already have and a bit of fluff. No mention of carry alls that people really want.

This sale is excellent. I've saved a ton of money this year, as there is nothing in the sale that I need Expansions were just given away (I had already bought them though), Supplier Horn can be shared with others and there are tons of lovely players already sharing them. Premium housing - I already went down that rabbit hole once, not interested in a second run. Stable Master stands, nope, not needed with all the travel options all my alts have. Points sale? I'd have to find a use for the points I already have before needing any more.

I can't even say I'm disappointed to be honest. Saving money gives me more to spend elsewhere for Christmas
    Sometimes, no matter how hard you look, there is no best light.