We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can't create a character

I don't understand what's going on. I only have 5 of 10 character slots full. I went to create a new character today and I keep getting a message "Your character cannot be created." I've tried exited out and back in and same thing.

Iaralor | Riddorra | Cirnordar | Thransi | Fanion | Tarro | Otleif | Mallelleth

I have tried several ways to replicate the same warning label but failed to do so. You can log onto the VIP server and try to create it but it gives you a VIP warning. You can try to create someone of the same name on the server and it will tell you if it is taken. I tried using the same name in the screenshot and it gave me a different warning. You get another warning if you try to name something that already exists in the world or triggers the censor. It doesn't give you an option to create a new character if you don't have an available slot. It prompts you to unlock beforehand if you don't have a certain class, race, or starting zone. There isn't an option to choose a race if it isn't available to the class. The only other thing I could think of is you tried creating a character on a Bullroarer account.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdJedi View Post
    I have tried several ways to replicate the same warning label but failed to do so. You can log onto the VIP server and try to create it but it gives you a VIP warning. You can try to create someone of the same name on the server and it will tell you if it is taken. I tried using the same name in the screenshot and it gave me a different warning. You get another warning if you try to name something that already exists in the world or triggers the censor. It doesn't give you an option to create a new character if you don't have an available slot. It prompts you to unlock beforehand if you don't have a certain class, race, or starting zone. There isn't an option to choose a race if it isn't available to the class. The only other thing I could think of is you tried creating a character on a Bullroarer account.
    I actually just figured it out. I had 'skip tutorial' selected and apparently you're not allowed to create a High Elf and skip the tutorial because as soon as I un-selected that, it worked fine. I wish there was a message or something saying that you can't skip it because as it is, it looks like there's something broken. Also, WHY can't we skip that tutorial? It's hecka long and as cool as it is the first time, it's not something I want to do more than once.
    Iaralor | Riddorra | Cirnordar | Thransi | Fanion | Tarro | Otleif | Mallelleth

Quote Originally Posted by Ioralor View Post
    WHY can't we skip that tutorial?
    High Elf has a combined tutorial and starter zone in one. Unlike, say, Elf which has a tutorial (which can be skipped if it has been played through by a character on that server at least once) and then an instanced starter zone. Stout-axe Dwarf and Beorning are similar in that they, too, have a combined tutorial and starter zone. The Beorning tutorial+starter zone is very fast, you can get through it in 5 minutes, 10 tops if you aren't familiar with the layout or need to read some text.

If you have the Before the Shadow expansion, any race – including High Elf – can choose that tutorial instead, and the starter zone that follows it is not an instanced starter zone but part of the normal shared game world.

Any character can skip the introduction (in the case of High Elf, Stout-Axe Dwarf, and Beorning, the combined tutorial+starter zone) by entering the game world and immediately opening the in-game store and purchasing "Veteran Status" for 100 LOTRO Points (frequently available at a discount).
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Vet...tatus:_Level_5