We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    Echoweaver is offline Meddler in the Affairs of Wizards

Talisman of the Eagle does not work?

I created a new LM and am playing the blue line. My jeweler made her a Talisman of the Eagle, but she can't use it because it says, "Requirements not met" despite her having the Lesser Giant Eagle.

I haven't played an LM in years, so I haven't really tracked the changes made to the class. I guess the Eagle pet was restricted to the blue line in a recent patch? I assume this talisman problem is a bug?

I want my pretty eagle skin.
    Anor veteran on Landroval: Ardith and Wensleydale
    Learning to raid on Landroval https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...League-Kinship

It only works in blue line now in recent patch they no longer allow us to have it in red or yellow, which I think is terrible a pet is a pet and should be allowed by any line. Not sure what level you get it been way to long for me but my 140 blue lm has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherush View Post
    It only works in blue line now in recent patch they no longer allow us to have it in red or yellow, which I think is terrible a pet is a pet and should be allowed by any line. Not sure what level you get it been way to long for me but my 140 blue lm has it.
    I mean the talismans that give pets of different appearances. I'm playing a blue line LM who has the eagle, but the talisman says that I don't.
    Learning to raid on Landroval https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...League-Kinship

Quote Originally Posted by Echoweaver View Post
    I mean the talismans that give pets of different appearances. I'm playing a blue line LM who has the eagle, but the talisman says that I don't.
    This is a bug most likely related to the way they changed the eagle from a pet granted by investing a class trait point to a pet granted by speccing into blue line. It is probably considered a different skill now. Each skill has some unique ID that is recognized by the game engine. The talisman requires that you possess skill X in order to use the talisman to grant you the new skill which summons the eagle with a different appearance. My guess is that the current base Eagle-Friend skill has a different ID so the game engine thinks you don't have the skill.

This is worth reporting via the ticket system.

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post
    This is a bug most likely related to the way they changed the eagle from a pet granted by investing a class trait point to a pet granted by speccing into blue line. It is probably considered a different skill now. Each skill has some unique ID that is recognized by the game engine. The talisman requires that you possess skill X in order to use the talisman to grant you the new skill which summons the eagle with a different appearance. My guess is that the current base Eagle-Friend skill has a different ID so the game engine thinks you don't have the skill.

This is worth reporting via the ticket system.
    Yes, this sounds likely. I believe the new eagle skill actually has a slightly different name than the old one.

Agreed. I'll report.

Hey Folks,
    Rolled a new LM to run through the new exp...and noticed the same bug. Yes, likely due to how the skill name has actually changed with Eagle being auto bestowed in Blue Spec....but curious if any Dev could at least acknowledge that they are aware of this bug? Love me some Eagle...but the default skin for the birdie is a bit lackluster

This is a bug, and the fix should be live soon. We apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Thumbs up

Awesome thanks for the quick response!

Quote Originally Posted by kalg View Post
    Awesome thanks for the quick response!
    You are lucky... try asking about the lag :-P

... and being given to Guardians according to the early notes!