We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

32 bit client and launcher

Back a few months ago there was talk about a new launcher being build. 31st of december is approaching rapidly. And with it (atleast with the most recent patchnotes) the 32 bit client as well. Is there any confirmation and/or news on the 32 bit launcher, 32 bit client or new launcher?

And on the probably far more work then just a simple question. With a new launcher/client, any plans on being able to switch servers inside the client instead of having to completely log out and relaunch?

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    There may be a new launcher at some point, but it will almost certainly not come before the current 32-bit client is retired. A new launcher will very likely also only be 64-bit anyways.

The current 64-bit client though works perfectly fine (at least, for MOST people), so if it does not for you your focus should be in getting that one to work.

If you still have a computer that only has a 32-bit chip (which is likely from before 2010 somewhere), then it is really time to ask Santa for a new computer.... 64-bit computing has been a thing since before this game was even launched (Windows Vista came as 64-bit by default alongside a 32-bit version, and that was back in 2006) so if you still have a 32-bit OS running, it is really time to upgrade.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I remember in one of streams devs say only 1.5% of lotro players still use 32 bit client

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    I remember in one of streams devs say only 1.5% of lotro players still use 32 bit client
    Yeah, my time in LotRO seems to be over. My computer can't run 64 bit, and I don't have the money to get a new one. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I paid $300 for my current "gaming rig" a few years ago and I run on very high graphics. I guarantee you can pick up an outdated potato that someone is discarding and have perfectly acceptable results. Maybe drop $50 on a cheapo graphics card and another $50 for an SSD if it doesn't have those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Hierona View Post
    Yeah, my time in LotRO seems to be over. My computer can't run 64 bit, and I don't have the money to get a new one. Enjoy it while it lasts.
    If your computer can't handle 64-bit, then the hardware must be nearly 20 years old, in which case I am surprised it can run LOTRO at all.
    Out of curiousity - what computer and OS do you have?

If you are on a gaming laptop and can't run the 64bit client, it's likely because it's trying to run on the onboard graphics rather than your video card. There is a relatively easy workaround.