We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Map nerf, creep movement, and fights.

My experience:

Every day I have logged in this week has been a shuffle. Let's talk about today though.

I run with a small group on saturday mornings. This group of creeps follows the quest circuit. Freeps hunt creeps in questing areas. We kill those freeps or they kill us. Continuing the quest circuit if the freeps died they follow us and come back with more. If we died, we go back and try again or continue on with the circuit all the while being hunted by freeps.

Today this did not happen. Today there was only 1v1s at gtr of all places and the shuffle from gv to tr. We encountered 3 freeps on the circuit. They were rank farming around the arena. They died. Came back. Moved their 6 reavers and 6 defilers and continued rank farming. We continued on the quest circuit and encountered 0 freeps. 0. We were all over the map. Couldn't even find freeps doing their moors questing.

As of 30 mins ago the shuffle was from tr fd to ec. Since the map nerf, I only find freeps around tr rez or gv. The shuffle is the worst its ever been. The few times Freeps have pushed the creeps it ended up another shuffle from grams to lugz.

I can't stay logged in 24-7. This is my experience. If yours is different feel free to post it here.

The map nerfs made things worse for my experience in the moors. The movement has NOT increased across the map. The action is NOT centered around TA/Ec/Oc. Someone was really wrong.

Huge thanks to Ereubus (sp?) You are fun. I like the fights we have until one of us gets zerged :P. Hobbit guardians are cute. Please keep coming out.

Katelia Rk 11 Lm, Katetastrophe Rk 13 Warg, Kateaclysm Rk 15 defiler

[QUOTE=Kate00;8169715]My experience:

The map nerfs made things worse for my experience in the moors. The movement has NOT increased across the map. The action is NOT centered around TA/Ec/Oc. Someone was really wrong.

You said it! The map nerfs make no sense. Freeps have mounts which move faster than we can. Therefore, they reach spots faster than we do. Mapping made it somewhat balanced. By making maps unusable, it makes it only worth it to run short distances. Hence the shuffle.

SSG, there are two options here: 1. Nerf all freeps so that creeps have a fighting chance in the open field 1v1 or 2. Give creeps better map cds to chance mapping in.
    Freep dps is crazy and they have way more bells and whistles than we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate00 View Post
    My experience:

The map nerfs made things worse for my experience in the moors. The movement has NOT increased across the map.
    My experience:

The map nerfs and movement increase has made playing both sides a lot more fun.

The main problem with LOTRO pvp continues to be the community: mainly the players who form/join zerg raids.

Someone was really wrong.
    Now we wait to see if he is big enough and humble enough to admit it.
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkiamserious View Post
    My experience:

The map nerfs and movement increase has made playing both sides a lot more fun.

The main problem with LOTRO pvp continues to be the community: mainly the players who form/join zerg raids.

Of course I accept the viewpoint of a single player and that it could be true in from your point of view and the same is for my opinion and those of others. Problem is that I have voted with my login finger because I find this appalling.

We have navigated some of the most dire years of neglect and their oversight and compliance with all the cheats because it suited them to turn the other cheek whilst the sale of consumable pots etc went through the roof.

Then, when they do actually hold up the flicker of light from a distant candle, it is so cruelly snuffed out in a way that is unprecedented in this part of the game. For someone who saw all of his Tribe mates disappear through despair over the years and be the last person standing - and now, to have to admit defeat myself...... I hope the devs are very proud of their work and all the Freeps that keep emboldening them, enjoy their time in empty moors and or playing with themselves.

This comment is aimed at nobody in particular (saying you play both sides makes me think that you're already flipping to either the perceived stronger side which has always happened but also now because Creeps are pissed and do not log and so you have to split your time to make this garbage look like it works)

I take it that no one is experiencing anything different. Welcome to the eternal shuffle. No action across the map and freeps escaping all creep classes without a ranged interrupt. Wooo Hooo!

I take it that no one is experiencing anything different. Welcome to the eternal shuffle. No action across the map and freeps escaping all creep classes without a ranged interrupt. Wooo Hooo!
    I'm generally running around with the wife most evenings (EST). Usually around 1500 it's pretty freep heavy and I want to say the "ON" buff is up creep side (at least the past few days). Even being outnumbered I typically login to a GV-TR shuffle. I came from Windfola years ago so, to me, any action is good action provided I get some wins. I don't generally care about infamy because the race for rank takes the fun out of the experience (So much so I'm almost glad my first set of higher ranked creeps was deleted...almost!). That being said, I don't mind the shuffle cause I know where they are and don't have to go looking. The problem I have noticed is that less and less creeps are logging on. I don't see many of the same creeps I saw a few months ago when I came back. I don't know if they threw in the towel because of the last update or just taking a break. But what I have seen is an a$$ load of new freeps (transfers I imagine). I'll give you one guess what class a lot of them are. lol But that's fine, don't blame the player for developer incompetence.

The game has definitely lost its fun and I don't know if I'll play much longer. I'm not a big fan of raids but you're almost forced into them. I've jumped plenty of people while solo only to be killed by a few burgs or zerged by the raid. This of course also happens to solo freeps out there so this isn't solely a creep issue. But the burg problem is. My main was a warg so I will be the last person to complain about a stealth class jumping a 1v1 (non-planned). However, I've also played this game from release and the warg has never been able to kill anyone as quick as we are seeing now. I watched a burg instakill a BA that was standing on the rock just in front of Grams, well within On-shot range. Homeboy killed the BA before being One-shot (Kudos to that burg cause that was awesome, but..). How the hell can that be allowed to continue? No one wants a truly, 100% fair fight. Everyone wants and looks for some kind of advantage. You'd be a fool not to. But this is far more than a slight advantage. It's killing the game and needs to be fixed post-haste.

Not sure if thats the direction this post was heading so sorry if I derailed yall.

See you out there! (maybe)
    ~ Xotik ~

Quote Originally Posted by DSBoomer View Post
    I'll give you one guess what class a lot of them are.
    I am personally enjoying all the rank farmed burgs that have shown up. Who would have ever thought there would be so many overnight rank 15's.